Killie's "European" Tour 2019/20

Why anyone outside their Ayrshire rivals is finding this hunerous astounds me. It just highlights the utter diddyness of our game even more. Our game and our national team won't improve with this shit happening all over again.

You’ll be wanting the Coefficient Thread.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Why anyone outside their Ayrshire rivals is finding this hunerous astounds me. It just highlights the utter diddyness of our game even more. Our game and our national team won't improve with this shit happening all over again.

No it doesn’t, because on balance our fourth tier is still a superior division to the Welsh Premier League. This is an absolute embarrassment for Kilmarnock which reflects on no one else in Scotland, much like the previous worst result in Scottish history of St Johnstone losing to Alashkert didn’t actually mean other Scottish clubs were inferior to Armenian sides.

Pick a Championship club at random to go in the Welsh Premier League for a season and whichever one you get would absolutely stroll it.

No it doesn’t, because on balance our fourth tier is still a superior division to the Welsh Premier League. This is an absolute embarrassment for Kilmarnock which reflects on no one else in Scotland, much like the previous worst result in Scottish history of St Johnstone losing to Alashkert didn’t actually mean other Scottish clubs were inferior to Armenian sides.
Pick a Championship club at random to go in the Welsh Premier League for a season and whichever one you get would absolutely stroll it.
Fine I pick Dunfermline. Watch us get to the Champions league.

Guest Bob Mahelp
53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No, it doesn't.

Aberdeen in the last 5 years have matched or exceeded their ranking, and hopefully we'll continue to do that this season. 

Why couldn't Killie do it ? Well, for various reasons.  Probably the main one being that they were caught up in the St Johnstone/Dunfermline/Falkirk/Dundee United/Hibs/Hearts/Livi scenario.......a small team with no European experience, mentally unprepared for a European tie. 

Also, don't under-estimate the lottery of a first competitive game in July being a European tie. It's easy to get caught out at this stage, as Progres proved a couple of years ago to Rangers. 

It's a pitiful result for Killie, but not unique when you look at the results of the clubs listed above. And it's unlikely to improve when clubs such as Killie and those listed above will generally only get one-off European qualification and find it impossible to build up the experience that Aberdeen have had over the last 5 seasons.

Still, given all the hubris over the last 6 months from Killie fans with no sense of self-awareness, it's given us a laugh. So every cloud and all that....

I was kind of hoping that last night didn't happen. It was an absolutely embarrassing performance, I am still not sure why we decided to take off Burke and not bring off a defensive midfielder until the 87 minute. I am still not sure whether to laugh or to cry over the result. 

Spoiler

😭😭

No, it doesn't.
Aberdeen in the last 5 years have matched or exceeded their ranking, and hopefully we'll continue to do that this season. 
Why couldn't Killie do it ? Well, for various reasons.  Probably the main one being that they were caught up in the Dunfermline/Falkirk/Dundee United/Hibs/Hearts/Livi scenario.......a small team with no European experience, mentally unprepared for a European tie. 
Also, don't under-estimate the lottery of a first competitive game in July being a European tie. It's easy to get caught out at this stage, as Progres proved a couple of years ago to Rangers. 
It's a pitiful result for Killie, but not unique when you look at the results of the clubs listed above. And it's unlikely to improve when clubs such as Killie and those listed above will generally only get one-off European qualification and find it impossible to build up the experience that Aberdeen have had over the last 5 seasons.
Still, given all the hubris over the last 6 months from Killie fans with no sense of self-awareness, it's given us a laugh. So every cloud and all that....

I’m sure this will get plenty of bites.

Let’s not pretend that Aberdeen are a European club, Bob. Your team has failed to make a group stage since about 2006 - getting to the third qualifying round doesn’t count for much, nobody gives a shite about your “ranking.” And you didn’t exactly breeze past the Finnish minnows last night either.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Let’s not pretend that Aberdeen are a European club, Bob. Your team has failed to make a group stage since about 2006 - getting to the third qualifying round doesn’t count for much, nobody gives a shite about your “ranking.” And you didn’t exactly breeze past the Finnish minnows last night either.

Oh aye, cheers for reminding me.

I've edited my post now that you've added your words of wisdom. 

There are plenty of things about that part of Ayrshire which are 'hunerous'.

It's a complete embarrassment for us, but it doesn't really reflect on the rest of Scottish football in any way.

Two lower league teams have beaten Nomads in recent years, and the cream of the Welsh league have regularly been eliminated by other lower league clubs in the Challenge Cup.

When Montrose beat St Johnstone the other day it was embarrassing for St Johnstone but didn't reflect badly on the Premiership in any way.

This. The mighty Dons are also regularly pumped out in the qualifying rounds by teams from the likes of football powerhouse countries such as Macedonia, Cyprus and Kazahkstan. Diddies.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

BAN PLAYSTATIONS

It's a complete embarrassment for us, but it doesn't really reflect on the rest of Scottish football in any way.

Two lower league teams have beaten Nomads in recent years, and the cream of the Welsh league have regularly been eliminated by other lower league clubs in the Challenge Cup.

When Montrose beat St Johnstone the other day it was embarrassing for St Johnstone but didn't reflect badly on the Premiership in any way.

Yep, those in the rest of the UK and further afield looking at last night’s result and seeing that our third best team just got horsed by Conah’s Quay Nomads will think the Scottish ‘Premiership’ is league of phenomenal quality.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Why anyone outside their Ayrshire rivals is finding this hunerous astounds me.

i'm laughing because all the killie fans had got carried away with their recent "success" and thought they'd become a big club.the fact that hundreds of them thought it ok to book for the next round before they had qualified is absolutely hilarious and leaves them open to ridicule for a long,long time.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Extended version of the clip from earlier 😂😂

This doesn't deserve to be hidden away 6 pages down.... 😂

Progres Niederkorn still the worst of all time but this is a close second imo.

Killie did the ‘hard part’ of getting the win in the away leg. To go out from that position in your own back yard against a bunch of part timers... ooft. Got to hurt.

Not long ago we used to give a European spot to the Scottish cup runners up and that resulted in some howling results. Gretna, Dunfermline, Falkirk all getting telt by European Minnows. We stopped doing that to try and reduce the amount of humiliations our game was getting....

Well... This was the 3rd best team in Scotland last year getting papped out by the 6th best team in wales. I’m putting them behind the 4 Welsh teams that play in the English league system (could argue they are also worse than Wrexham and Merthyr who play English non league) and The New Saints, who they finished 22 points behind last season.

Oh and we can’t use the early doors excuse our teams normally use for Scandinavian and some Eastern European teams either. Connah’s Quay Nomads season also hasn’t started.

All in all, minterrific.

Archived