Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

McVey finishing last is funny as f**k emoji38.png

All three who dropped out were so confident in their various TV appearances that it makes me think delusion is common amongst Westminster Tories. Maybe it was Lorraine Kelly's intervention that did it for McVey.  Leadsom has obviously lost her sparkle from 2016 and had a post that kept her out of power. Who knew who Harper was ? I suspect Roderick Stewart will sneak into the next round as Hancock drops out. It was also funny to see Javid benefit very little from the Colonels support-she knows a winner he said!  As Johnson gets closer to the line the tank commander will flip flop again. 

All three who dropped out were so confident in their various TV appearances that it makes me think delusion is common amongst Westminster Tories. Maybe it was Lorraine Kelly's intervention that did it for McVey.  Leadsom has obviously lost her sparkle from 2016 and had a post that kept her out of power. Who knew who Harper was ? I suspect Roderick Stewart will sneak into the next round as Hancock drops out. It was also funny to see Javid benefit very little from the Colonels support-she knows a winner he said!  As Johnson gets closer to the line the tank commander will flip flop again. 
Johnson will treat Colonel Cosplay like a servant. I can't wait to see her scurrying around almost Mundell-style [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Here's a question

Boris is shite. Boris is an idiot. I know this. You know this. Every piece of media coverage I've ever seen of him marks him out as an idiot. Why is he winning this?

Because idiots are easy to manipulate and control. The tory MPs know they can get a lot of concessions from him behind the scenes.

Here's a question
Boris is shite. Boris is an idiot. I know this. You know this. Every piece of media coverage I've ever seen of him marks him out as an idiot. Why is he winning this?
No deal Brexit that he has promised and a dodgy poll saying the tories will win with him in charge

Here's a question
I reckon it's because there are Tory MP's and members who believe that Boris COULD win the inevitable GE that's coming after Brexit goes off the rails.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Johnston is a unique combination of ignorance, incompetence, bluster, lies and cunning. 

It's almost impossible to believe that a man such as him could become PM, but we live in times where people are attracted to populism and personality.

Where the US leads, Britain always follows, and there's no doubt that Johnston is a Trump-lite character. I'm sure that the majority of Tory MP's think he is a complete dick, but they recognise him as the clown figure that will attract votes. 

Don't under-estimate his effect in Scotland either. There are plenty of voters up here who are completely cynical about politics and will enjoy having Johnston as PM, especially when Davidson starts cuddling up to him to gain the free publicity.

He won't be the golden ticket to a 2nd referendum that some think.

34 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Here's a question

Please don't try to apply the usual conventions of logic, reason, and deduction to Tories. You'll cause a rip in the fabric of the time/space continuum and get us invaded by Terminators or something.

25 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
34 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Here's a question

I reckon it's because there are Tory MP's and members who believe that Boris COULD win the inevitable GE that's coming after Brexit goes off the rails.

My question applies to this as well. Why are people going to vote for him? Why did people vote for him, when he was Mayor of London?

Ambition is to Johnson what hard liquor is to an alcoholic; in both cases too much can be fatal.
Boris has been indulged until now because his Fat Owl Of The Remove schtick has never been seriously tested or has led to serious consequences.
The office of Prime Minister has no hiding places and will I reckon quickly expose him as a fraudulent fuckwit.
The braying buffoons of the Tory shires may adore and elevate him, but I'd hazard that there is collective panic engulfing the senior civil servants who await the shambles to come.

I believe Johnson and his supporters should be concerned at achieving a mere 36% of the first round vote. I wonder how many of the remaining MPs want anyone-but-Boris? And may then overcome his lead. As has been said, however, if he makes it to the final two, the worthies of Little Toddington-on-the-Wold will anoint PM Johnson. 

Archived