Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

34 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Odds have moved quite a bit since the Boris domestic incident. Hunt moved from 7/1 to 4/1. I'll be raging if Boris doesn't make number 10

Last night I didn't really look into and thought his girlfriend had phoned the police.

Actually reading about it the neighbour was recording them through the wall and phoned the police. I don't see that hurting Johnson with the members and the Telegraph and Guido will no doubt be researching the grass neighbour as we speak.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Last night I didn't really look into and thought his girlfriend had phoned the police.

Actually reading about it the neighbour was recording them through the wall and phoned the police. I don't see that hurting Johnson with the members and the Telegraph and Guido will no doubt be researching the grass neighbour as we speak.

Andrew Neill reckons it's her fault for not living in a flat with thicker walls.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Imagine for one second what the headlines would be if Labour did this to Jenny Manson

The unelected chairman founded the CMF as his own publicity vehicle.  Amin's regular articles on Conservative Home have contained all sorts of bizarre view.. He had previously said that he would quit if Boris Johnson had been elected leader. Tory HQ has merely pushed him before he jumped so why all the fuss?

Amin is just an attention seeking nonentity, very like the risible Baroness Warsi who was a total failure as Tory Party chairman.. He didn't get the Peerage that he craves so he, like Warsi, has resorted to smearing senior Tories in retaliation. The only surprise is that he has survived for so long.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Bit surprised by the Guardian publishing that bugged argument, sounded like a normal domestic flare up to me. 

Correct. I don't like Boris but It's a non-story and there are privacy issues to consider too. The left-wing media are desperate to stop Johnson by any means possible.

However, Boris has not been charged with rape and sexual assault, unlike another senior politician who springs to mind. 

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Correct. I don't like Boris but It's a non-story and there are privacy issues to consider too. The left-wing media are desperate to stop Johnson by any means possible.

However, Boris has not been charged with rape and sexual assault, unlike another senior politician who springs to mind. 

Charged with "attempted rape" and sexual assault  but that doesn't mean to say he's guilty of these charges.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

32 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Or perhaps he know's he's a useless clueless c**t and is trying to manufacture situations that will make tory members think twice about electing him as PM.

In which case, he doesn't understand the nature of tory members very well.

It’s no surprise which posters on here are acting as apologists for Johnson; a man with few principles, little integrity and very questionable morals.  A man totally unfit to be PM.  A man who blatantly lied during the Brexit campaign and who is still lying about how he will deliver Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sounds like a wee bit more than a flare up if a woman is screaming at him to ‘get off me’.

I don't think you can deduce anything from the snippets picked up through a wall that the Guardian printed. My guess is she went ballistic when he spilled wine on her sofa, grabbed his laptop when he didn't do anything to clear it up, and shouted 'get off me' when he tried to get it back. Totally unfounded supposition though.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think you can deduce anything from the snippets picked up through a wall that the Guardian printed. My guess is she went ballistic when he spilled wine on her sofa, grabbed his laptop when he didn't do anything to clear it up, and shouted 'get off me' when he tried to get it back. Totally unfounded supposition though.

You've obviously got a lot of experience in these kinds of situations.

😉

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

You've obviously got a lot of experience in these kinds of situations.

😉

Certainly do. :( Stormed out the house in the pouring rain before, and had to beg to get back in.

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Certainly do. :( Stormed out the house in the pouring rain before, and had to beg to get back in.

Yeah, been there, done that.

Fortunately in my case (when still in Inverness) I was able to seek refuge in the Castle Tavern, which was just down the road and happily still open.

15 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Does anyone know if the Hunt/BoJo hustings, commencing in Brummieland later this afternoon be live on TV, or will there be any televised highlights?

Supposed to be on the BBC News channel, don't know what time. P.S. 3pm.

Edited by welshbairn