Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What have Rangers fans to shout about?

Genuinely the most boring team you could possibly support. A succession of 2nd placed finishes without challenging the team above or being challenged by below. No trophies. No entertainment on the park.

Fair point, but for a club who act like they're the best thing to happen to football you'd think it would be a bit more lively. To hide their nonsense.

Tavernier and Cantwell are effectively clapping the seats here. Fairly embarrassing for a "massive" club.

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not a bad performance but we gave away far too many daft free kicks. A win helps Scotland's coefficient but it should have been far more convincing. Reckon we'll need to score next week.

I'm sure we are all united in wishing SeetheCo  all the best is Zurich as we really do need a good boost in the coefficients in the lower leagues.

Servette really should be dead and buried. A competent team would have taken five or six off of them tonight.

Rangers just seemed to make an arse of it when they reached the 18 yard box. Over passing and wrong pass selection time after time. Especially when the Swiss went down to 10 men for the last half an hour. 

I’m sure they would haven taken that result at the start, but the failure to bag another goal or two could bite them on the arse next week. 

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Rangers game is now pretty much throw balls into the box from the wing and hope someone gets on the end of it or Cantwell wins a pen.

None of their signings look to be of the level required to improve them. Lammers is particularly awful 

Eh ? It was the total polar opposite,  zero width and trying to play tippy tappy through the middle without the technical ability to do so. They need to do more of the exact thing you claim their game consists of.

I noticed the majority of The Rangers players coming off the pitch seemingly carefree and joking to themselves. I’d find that concerning if I was a manager, captain or supporter of that club.
Fair enough if you are coasting to a 4-1 win but it’s a slender lead in tournament they need to progress in. 

Hope they get royally pumped in the second leg.

Take away the opening 20 minutes and Rangers were just as poor as they were on Saturday. Maybe the new signings need time to gel but a thoroughly uninspiring start.

Had to laugh at Danilo being so shite he was saying sorry to the fans when he got subbed.

BBC match report describing Todd Cantwell’s first-half performance as “outstanding” 😂

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Well, started off great but ended up a bit ‘meh’ really.

Two early goals playing really well and if Lammers puts that chance away at 2-0 you’re thinking tie could be over before it’s begun. Yet 5 minutes later it’s 2-1 and their goal really took any momentum away from us which we never regained.

Second half was the polar opposite of the first with no creativity or incision even against ten men. Keeper makes a great save from Lammers and if that goes in to make it 3-1 you’d be confident going into the second leg, but instead they will be lifted by the result going back there.

I thought Souttar was good throughout and was excellent stepping out to set up the second goal. Cantwell in the first half too but he faded as the game went on and we became more frustrated.

I still feel this system leaves our fullbacks too exposed. Servette seem like a really well organised side and I suppose it’s no surprise given they drew with Genk away from home after going down to ten men after 3 minutes.

We looked quite evenly matched which is a worry. But a win is a win I suppose, but we will need to be on it next week if we are to qualify.

Poor stuff from Sevco at home against a smallish team that were down to 10 men.

Servette will fancy their chances in the second leg. Beale's team is looking awful so far. They may yet gel but Celtic could be a mile ahead by then and they could be out the CL.