Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That's a daft way of doing it and if the case they really should make it much more clear about what when the points cutoff is calculated. 

Hopefully you can get something. If not are you able to watch the game in another part of Spain? I have a feeling it will be really hard in Seville due to all the fans from both teams going.

I thought I was able to accept no going to the game and watching it somewhere but after today I think I'm going to buy one off one of these secondary ticketing sites. It'll cost me a fortune but I'm that deflated right now I don't really care.

Edited by AJF

If anyone is still looking to get over to Seville, an interesting and relatively cheap way to do it would be via Tangier. Ryanair flight out Tuesday 8.15 am from Stansted, back from Tangier 11.10 am Saturday, £75 return. Ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras, bus or train from there to Seville. Haven't looked into the ferry and train times, but I'm sure it's doable and way cheaper than some of the daft prices getting quoted.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I thought I was able to accept no going to the game and watching it somewhere but after today I think I'm going to buy one off one of these secondary ticketing sites. It'll cost me a fortune but I'm that deflated right now I don't really care.

Good luck man

5 hours ago, AJF said:

What makes it worse is that I've seen some people that were below 1500 points but purchased the Edmiston House package which adds 50 MyGers points instantly rather than at the next points update which has now resulted in them being allocated a ticket.

I seriously wish I'd known that 😔

That is pretty p!sh. Should have been a clear line as regards points-totals and on what dates, that were being used for allocation purposes.

Based on your later post, had a quick check on viagogo, those prices are eye-watering... 

39 minutes ago, German Jag said:

That is pretty p!sh. Should have been a clear line as regards points-totals and on what dates, that were being used for allocation purposes.

Based on your later post, had a quick check on viagogo, those prices are eye-watering... 

aye, I’ve not taken the plunge yet. In two minds. The fact that there are no planned fan zones and pubs apparently won’t be open to show it then there’s no point in going without a ticket. That’s how I’m trying to justify the cost to myself in my head 😂

1 hour ago, AJF said:

aye, I’ve not taken the plunge yet. In two minds. The fact that there are no planned fan zones and pubs apparently won’t be open to show it then there’s no point in going without a ticket. That’s how I’m trying to justify the cost to myself in my head 😂

Not trying to dissuade you whatsoever my man but they absolutely have to create some fanzones at this point. 

Reminding me of Fyre Festival at this point. 😂

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Not trying to dissuade you whatsoever my man but they absolutely have to create some fanzones at this point. 

Reminding me of Fyre Festival at this point. 😂

I watched the documentary about Fyre recently on Netflix. Fucking mental stuff! 

11 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I watched the documentary about Fyre recently on Netflix. Fucking mental stuff! 

Aye I've watched it a few times. Crazy stuff. 

It's definitely a great example of schadenfreude. Watching gormless influencers getting scammed for thousands of pounds and being left on an island with f**k all other than a cheese sandwich 😂

Deffo not trying to engage in some fan numbers battle but Rangers will of course have a lot of people there and from what I've seen Frankfurt will at the least match us on that front so hopefully the people in charge are aware of what they could be dealing with. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

2 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I see they're talking about opening the Estadio La Cartuja for ticketless fans to watch on screens

Makes sense, lures them away from the city centre.

Edited by welshbairn

Just got an email saying the threshold has dropped to 1502! Ticket acquired:
200.gif
As one of a very select few no bad Rangers supporters on here good to hear you got one. Still hope your team gets pumped.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

Just got an email saying the threshold has dropped to 1502! Ticket acquired:

Happy Dance GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation

Pleasing!

I genuinely thought the email yesterday was going to be the last batch.

Cat 4?

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Unless a miracle happens im staying home, outbound flight overbooked so unless i can find another way to Gibraltar im losing hunners on different legs of the journey

It was a risk i know, still scunnered its fell through 

You could fly from Stansted to Tangiers Tuesday morning for £45 with Ryanair, then ferry to Algeceris or Tarifa and bus/train to Seville. Algeceris is next door to Gibraltar.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, DMCs said:

Pleasing!

I genuinely thought the email yesterday was going to be the last batch.

Cat 4?

Aye mate Category 4, that's all that was left.

I'm the same, I was shocked to say the least haha!

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You could fly from Stansted to Tangiers Tuesday morning for £45 with Ryanair, then ferry to Algeceris or Tarifa and bus/train to Seville. Algeceris is next door to Gibraltar.

Nah patched it the now mate, just canny bring myself to try organising it all again, pretty much all I've did since Thursday night lol, 

Might get a miracle later in the week but i doubt it,