Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Ayr, Raith, Partick, Livi, Falkirk will need to try and get up this season cos Ranjurs will spend big to get back up the following season.

No rush. When the ‘steel’ doesn’t arrive and the asbestos becomes the actual issue and they don’t have the cash to fix it we’re back to 2012. Soon they go for another “relegation”. It’ll take far too long for them to get back to the premiership to stop Ayr becoming Celtics new rivals. FYI Celtic, we’re all Hindu’s. Come at us.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Why does Steven Thomson look like he’s being held hostage to present this?

I feel pretty sorry for him. He's not the greatest on the telly, but he does his best. Imagine having to maintain a fit for broadcast discussion with Hutton and McGregor?

I had to put it off about a minute after the game. Unwatchable.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Haven't seen any of it but Kenny MacIntyre, Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson on the radio just now absolutely seething, with Ferguson calling the referee a cheat and the others settling for just an incompetent disgrace. Most I've enjoyed Sportsound for about 18 months.

BBC RANGERS RADIO in agreement with BBC RANGERS TV!!..... Quelle suprise!!

6 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'm guessing arms/elbows are being clamped down on by refs this season as I've seen 2 or 3 really soft yellows given when players are going for headers.

Can't see what else he could do tonight with his arm to be honest but his elbow does make contact with the Kyiv player's head, however slight.

You may well be correct about the arms elbows thing but I’ve watched it back a few times. The Kiev boy makes no attempt to play the ball and I think he was turning his head to look back at the rangers player with the intention of buying  a foul. There may have been slight contact but maybe on the shoulder and not the face. 

I don’t care in this context cos it’s Rangers getting pumped but if that was a second yellow for a Motherwell player I would be raging . 

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

FWIW looking at the replay I think the second booking is fair enough 

Not sure if you’re taking the piss, but to suggest that the Rangers player’s elbow doesn’t make contact with the guy’s face is blatantly untrue. It’s not deliberate certainly.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Presumably Rangers will ask UEFA for that referee not to be given any mor. And surely there will be a statement coming out.

The statement won’t be featuring 25 million Champions league money, that’s for sure.

It is probably a blessing in disguise that they didn’t qualify. I can’t imagine them getting absolutely savaged by the likes of Aston Villa and Bologna every second week would be much fun for them either. 

The relative calmer waters featuring the likes of Arishole Solinka and Estoril while tricky will be much more to their liking. 

Think of it as the ‘sunny room’ of European football. 

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

No rush. When the ‘steel’ doesn’t arrive and the asbestos becomes the actual issue and they don’t have the cash to fix it we’re back to 2012. Soon they go for another “relegation”. It’ll take far too long for them to get back to the premiership to stop Ayr becoming Celtics new rivals. FYI Celtic, we’re all Hindu’s. Come at us.

I'll take pelters for sayin' it but if that happened....I would pay money to watch it.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you’re taking the piss, but to suggest that the Rangers player’s elbow doesn’t make contact with the guy’s face is blatantly untrue. It’s not deliberate certainly.

If that's a booking, then we're just making football a non-contact sport. Stuff like that is just a natural challenge for the ball.

A real, real shame. Feel for them.

What?

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k knows. His thick hick accent is indecipherable for the most part. It sounds like Weegie but getting your balls squeezed in a vice.

He's from Troon.