Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think any of this should excuse the referee from even giving a foul against Jefte, never mind a second yellow. It was a laughable decision.

I agree, but I don't think the red should excuse Clement of some baffling decisions on his part.

If every bald Rangers vlogger can see that Jefte should have been hooked at half time then why can't he?

Tom Lawrence has been the invisible man over the 2 legs but played nearly every minute

6 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I agree, but I don't think the red should excuse Clement of some baffling decisions on his part.

If every bald Rangers vlogger can see that Jefte should have been hooked at half time then why can't he?

Tom Lawrence has been the invisible man over the 2 legs but played nearly every minute

No, the red itself won’t excuse his decisions. That was only 1 of a vast number of reasons that we were emptied.

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

"Champions league nights at Ibrox and teams crumble??"

Wasnt their last champions league group stage run an utter shitshow where they got f**ked 7-1 by Liverpool? Cant be arsed to check but my gut is they've not been great at home in Champions League for a long, long time. Some good/great home results in the Europa League, tbf.

Edit: ah! Cursory google, thanks uefa

Screenshot_20240813_224145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cddb8151c440165d1de2c756f1ab6859.jpg

He didn't specify which teams.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

2nd yellow was a terrible decision but the first was as blatant a yellow as you'll see. Comes through the back of Yarmolenko and stands on his ankle.

He also had a couple of daft fouls towards the end of the first half.

I had just posted in the group chat that it was a strange decision to sub off Mcausland rather than Jefte for Cerny.

I was about to type 'especially when he's one foul away from a red' when it actually happened.

All of twitter was saying the same thing at half time, Clement can deflect all he wants but he has a lot to answer for. Kyiv were really poor and they barely laid a glove on them across the whole tie

Creating chances but you know that we're never scoring, Can't fault Dessers for effort but cook's arse and banjo has never been so apt.

I can’t understand why Rangers are quite so bad at producing youth players. Realistically, the only way they’ll catch Celtic now is either by getting really lucky with signings or by managing to get a conveyor belt of youth talent into the first team.

Rangers pretty much have the pick of Scottish kids and still produce virtually no talent. That’s in a country where football is the number one sport and there are millions of Rangers fans.

They should just call it a day with their academy and outsource player development to some academy in Holland or the likes.

On a more positive note, Kiev were 3/1 last night. Thank you ref. It looked 0-0 all the way until you got involved.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye but Rangers are bravely resisting the unseen hand of Peter Lawwell and the Pope turning Scotland against them. 

And also, looking after some walls.... for some reason

I saw several comments in a similar vein  to the following, on Rangers Media

"  i said when we conceded the first free kick the ref was a f**king vatican placeman "

Now, of course I don't think that is true, but if it WERE true then maybe the Ragers (sic) fans should stop singing nasty songs about catholics.

I don't suppose that thought has occurred to the thick orange mutants. 

(The sending off decision was wrong but hey-ho, these things happen 😁)

5 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Just watched brief highlights of this. As much as I utterly despise this mob, I thought the 2nd yellow was soft, but when you are on a yellow, it is inevitable that such a challenge will result in an eventual 2nd yellow.

Thought Butland was suspect at both goals. 

But, all in all, it is so fantastic to see them getting papped out.

Butland isn’t half as good as they claim he is and I think some of them are starting to realise it.  He’s awful if the ball is low and to his left and it’s cost them in big games at least 3 times recently (Idah at Ibrox, O’Riley at Parkhead and tonight). That plus the cup final goal and a howler towards the end that got fired right back at him from half a yard away.  

Watching paranoid Rangers fans connect the dots on social media is fantastic.

”we sing about it the pope

”Italian refs”

”Vatican lead conspiracy”

Overall, Rangers got what their play merited regardless of the red card.

Jefte would have gotten himself sent off eventually anyway as Clement was hell bent on keeping him on

23 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It's harsh, I'd be fuming with that against St Mirren. I've seen softer ones given though.

I mean, its a clear foul. He barges into the back of Ukrainian boy. Booking? Meh, were there a few persist nt ones before that? Perhaps. Jefte was on the edge all night before that.

Or more likely the ref was just a massive pape, being Italian.