The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

That would be one helluva move if it did happen!!

I've never seen the guy play but I know we are linked with him,what like is he? Banged the goals in last few years that's for sure.

He can find the back of the net that's for sure however the EFL Championship is a million miles away from scoring against the likes of Strathspey, Keith, etc...Truth is I don't believe that anyone knows his true potential but I'd be amazed if Hull were interested. Maybe Montrose or Cove perhaps as he will be out of contract in a few months

On 14/02/2024 at 13:19, Kev8122 said:

I think we are a lot further on than the likes of BOD, Buckie & Brora however with the lack of GPs in the North East it is a real issue for us. The SPFL clubs that don't meet the criteria have all been warned but I'm unsure if they have to be qualified for next season. 

Seemingly the SPFL clubs  are being given time to sort it out.  The Highland clubs aren't . 

No word of the Lowland clubs in all this . ..........Mind you they are giving the Colts a temporary home until the SPFL get their way on this new 6 colt conference league shite.  

Once they get the Highland league out of the equation  by imposing new licence criteria then it's all systems go for the conference. 

Corrupt to the core. 

Just my opinion of course. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

7 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

He can find the back of the net that's for sure however the EFL Championship is a million miles away from scoring against the likes of Strathspey, Keith, etc...Truth is I don't believe that anyone knows his true potential but I'd be amazed if Hull were interested. Maybe Montrose or Cove perhaps as he will be out of contract in a few months

Whether or not they’re actively interested in signing him I could not confirm, what I do know is that there was 100% a scout from Hull City at the game and that the player he was there to watch was Grady McGrath. Just thought it was something interesting worth sharing. 

1 minute ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Sad to see Mudie go though, was hoping he’d get more of a chance under Price

Was at a Broughty game the other week and thought Mudie was class, Gavin Prive was there too and whilst Tosher didn't have his best game still absolutely roasted the full back a few times. 

36 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

We never played him in his preferred position. Always right wing back. Wanted to see him more at centre half but never mind. Wish him well

I agree that Mudie was pretty decent however Craig Tosh will do well I'm sure. We are certainly throwing everything we have in our SPFL quest. Must have the biggest squad now for many years with real options on the bench

32 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

I agree that Mudie was pretty decent however Craig Tosh will do well I'm sure. We are certainly throwing everything we have in our SPFL quest. Must have the biggest squad now for many years with real options on the bench

Liking how good our team is looking with plenty of options now. Tosh sounds like a good signing him on one wing and Marc Scott on the other sounds like a great prospect. Just hope all this money we are throwing at it dosnt put us in a worse position than we already are 

9 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Liking how good our team is looking with plenty of options now. Tosh sounds like a good signing him on one wing and Marc Scott on the other sounds like a great prospect. Just hope all this money we are throwing at it dosnt put us in a worse position than we already are 

Don't think we have much choice but it's a huge gamble

4 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

We’ll know a lot more about where the squad is at 5 o clock tomorrow evening. 

Buckie bouyoed after Wednesdays result will be too strong for us and Price’s lack of tactical awareness will shine through.

On 14/02/2024 at 22:01, citydiehard said:

Buckie will start as favourites on Saturday after coasting 5-1 tonight.Just hope the defence are on their game and we might see how good McCabe will be in goals.

I hate to be pedantic, but as a gambler stuff like this pisses me off. We are the favourites.

0C8FAACF-22AD-4766-9B89-03BCA2735310.png

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Nothing pedantic about it.  

Facts don't really come into that strange world of his. 

I'm sure he'll be at the game today cheering on ............................ Buckie!

On 14/02/2024 at 17:29, Kev8122 said:

We have struggled for some years to find a club Doctor - the biggest single issue for us I believe 

You don't need a club doctor to be physically present during matches. You need one nominated to provide professional oversight to club policies, but you can have a paramedic or physio (or a doctor) present at games.

24 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Oh well, at this rate we won’t need to worry about the league requirements. 

Price hasn’t beat a top five team yet (we’ve still to play BoD)

Beginning to agree with my friend CDH about Price