The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

8 hours ago, kevsmart said:

I'd like to see you say that to his face. 

Does shouting from the terrace count.

Also did anyone else see Grady storm off at full time ,threw his shirt onto the ground just before going into the dressing room.

10 hours ago, kevsmart said:

I'd like to see you say that to his face. 

If you're implying that he can't take some run-of-the-mill criticism without becoming enraged then he really doesn't seem like the right man to have at the helm.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Does shouting from the terrace count.

Also did anyone else see Grady storm off at full time ,threw his shirt onto the ground just before going into the dressing room.

He didn't do well when he came on and was probably frustrated with himself . Ewan Loudon is firmly established as our main striker at the moment, and Grady will probably only have a bit part to play in our remaining games.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

If you're implying that he can't take some run-of-the-mill criticism without becoming enraged then he really doesn't seem like the right man to have at the helm.

This was more or less word for word what went through my head when I read the original post.

If a manager can't take criticism from fans at some points of his tenure, you've got to consider if he's capable.

3 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Arbroath just released their keeper Adams. He's a good goalie be just what we are needing 

The boy that scored a few weeks ago?

We have enough strikers to be fair.......

Also, if he signed now, he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs if we got there

1 minute ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Also, if he signed now, he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs if we got there

Yeah thats him. Haha would defanlty be playing him in goal not as a striker he's a decent keeper which is what we're needing just now. 

Ah wasn't aware of that could be a stumbling point then 

41 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

That's as far as I understand anyway, but I have been wrong once before.....

Pretty sure that's why Fort William had to forfeit the playoff against Banks O' Dee

Ahh ok you could be right then 

53 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

That's as far as I understand anyway, but I have been wrong once before.....

Pretty sure that's why Fort William had to forfeit the playoff against Banks O' Dee

They could probably have secured an emergency waiver if they genuinely had no other keeper, but the chairman threw his toys out the pram when told they'd have to mow the grass and paint the lines before a pitch inspection. 

2 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Seems we were both wrong, the deadline for the playoffs is March 1st.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Seems we were both wrong, the deadline for the playoffs is March 1st.

I assume that's both for the PO to get into League 2 and the PO to get into the HL? Good to know in case we reach the PO that our recent signings are eligible. :) 

3 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Arbroath just released their keeper Alastair Adams. He's a good goalie be just what we are needing dunno if he would come to this level though 

He has spent most of his career in the E.O.S. or Lowland leagues so our level wouldn't be an issue - maybe traveling would though.

I can't see it happening as Lenny doesn't appear to be willing to leave and being contracted to June 25 I'm not surprised (unless we pay him off)

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

I assume that's both for the PO to get into League 2 and the PO to get into the HL? Good to know in case we reach the PO that our recent signings are eligible. :) 

No.There's 3 different play-off rules kicking about: SPFL2, HL, LL.

Highland Pyramid Play-off (NCL, Midlands, North Region) has a deadline of January 31st.

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/media/2950/ersjfa-handbook-202324.pdf

image.png.713c8f9a89e571347f96f683c030d1c9.png

The one Brechin City have to worry about in the SPFL2 Play-offs. Is March 1st.

https://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/211031-Revised-Pyramid-Play-Off-Competition-Rules-31-October-2021.pdf

image.png.681c243b17261808d4852b061429b739.png

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Highland Pyramid Play-off (NCL, Midlands, North Region) has a deadline of January 31st.

https://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/211031-Revised-Pyramid-Play-Off-Competition-Rules-31-October-2021.pdf

Thanks for clearing that up, thought I was going mental.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Cheers, I thought so although I'd have been happy to be proven wrong. Although in fairness, our February signings were mainly to cover injured players who should be back in time for a possible PO anyway...

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

He has spent most of his career in the E.O.S. or Lowland leagues so our level wouldn't be an issue - maybe traveling would though.

I can't see it happening as Lenny doesn't appear to be willing to leave and being contracted to June 25 I'm not surprised (unless we pay him off)

Ah ok yeah never thought about the traveling issue wasn't sure where he was from. Yeah cant see lenny leaving just think that's one area we need to strengthen. Nothing against jamie he has done well since he came in but he just has a lack of experience 

2 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Gratitude.

Who'd have known that's now twice I've been wrong..........

We'll need to get confirmation from your wife to corroborate your claim that you've never been wrong twice! :P

3 minutes ago, greendot said:

We'll need to get confirmation from your wife to corroborate your claim that you've never been wrong twice! :P

Unreliable, she's been wrong at least once.😋