The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Price has fucked this team.

Yes we won 5-1 yesterday but it wasn’t convincing,we don’t look or play as a team ,playing as individuals instead,players look lost at the way Price wants them to play and just please themselves now with Price on the touchline not a happy man.

The player I feel sorry for is Grady to go from top goalscorer and highland league player of last season,to a long lost figure yesterday,he looked lost up front,he needs his confidence back but won’t get that with Price in charge..Just as well the chasing teams are making it easy for us.

37 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Price has fucked this team.

Yes we won 5-1 yesterday but it wasn’t convincing,we don’t look or play as a team ,playing as individuals instead,players look lost at the way Price wants them to play and just please themselves now with Price on the touchline not a happy man.

The player I feel sorry for is Grady to go from top goalscorer and highland league player of last season,to a long lost figure yesterday,he looked lost up front,he needs his confidence back but won’t get that with Price in charge..Just as well the chasing teams are making it easy for us.

I take it you left after 15 minutes.

That was as convincing as we have been in a while once we got going. Could and should have been about 8 or 9 in the end. 

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

We are in a a lot of shit if we don’t get promoted 

I’ve no doubt Buckie will be as well. That squad of hammer-throwers won’t be playing for free. 

The reason for them desperately trying to get home games on at Queen Victoria Park wasn’t just to save their fans travelling, I’ll say that much. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I’ve no doubt Buckie will be as well. That squad of hammer-throwers won’t be playing for free. 

The reason for them desperately trying to get home games on at Queen Victoria Park wasn’t just to save their fans travelling, I’ll say that much. 

Have they not invoiced the SFA for the Celtic game yet, or did they blow it all on an epic night out after beating the Broch?

Bloody hell some fans really love Grady

someone mentioned that just because he came back into the team we score 5,with brilliant hold up play and bringing other players into the game.Bullshit.

Grady kept giving the ball away with poor control and when he lost it just stood and watched instead of tracking back,the fans need to realise Price likes top work rate by the strikers which Loudon and Wright give us.Saw Price on numerous occasions going mental on the sideline when Grady couldn’t control the ball properly then not tracking back.

29 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

someone mentioned that just because he came back into the team we score 5,with brilliant hold up play and bringing other players into the game.Bullshit.

Grady kept giving the ball away with poor control and when he lost it just stood and watched instead of tracking back,the fans need to realise Price likes top work rate by the strikers which Loudon and Wright give us.Saw Price on numerous occasions going mental on the sideline when Grady couldn’t control the ball properly then not tracking back.

Yesterday you felt sorry for Grady and today you are being critical of his work rate!! I do agree however that the chap who posted on FB must have been watching a different game. I can't see Grady starting on Wednesday. 

Edited by Kev8122
Added more

On 10/03/2024 at 19:36, citydiehard said:

Perhaps that’s why he is not getting a game🤔

On 10/03/2024 at 19:53, Kev8122 said:

Yesterday you felt sorry for Grady and today you are being critical of his work rate!! I do agree however that the chap who posted on FB must have been watching a different game. I can't see Grady starting on Wednesday. 

I was correct! More disappointed that Handling is back on the bench.

8 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

I was correct! More disappointed that Handling is back on the bench.

Or possibly squad rotation with the more intense double fixtures a week.  Keeping them fresh for more important matches!

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

You’re not going to BELIEVE what these clowns are up to tonight. :lol:

Why was it abandoned?

ETA - BBC now have it as 1-1 (stated abandoned a few minitues ago) Buckie winning so closing the gap

Edited by Caledonian1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Why the f**k are you relying on the BBC for information on the Highland League?

Buckie won but they haven’t closed the gap. 

2 points dropped tonight which could be crucial for us. McGrath scored seconds after coming on

Well well well Grady scores but we did not win,so much for being the saviour most of you fans thought he was.

Our leaky defence lets us down again,wouldn’t have happened with Kirk in charge.Price making sure we throw away the league with his chopping and changing.

Posted (edited)

Is Price even able to turn this side into one capable of remotely challenging in either of the playoffs (should they even get there) between tonight and the end of the HL season?  I strongly fear not.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, citydiehard said:

Well well well Grady scores but we did not win,so much for being the saviour most of you fans thought he was.

Our leaky defence lets us down again,wouldn’t have happened with Kirk in charge.Price making sure we throw away the league with his chopping and changing.

You are on the wind up for sure. You slated Kirk every chance you got and you were championing Grady too.

Just now, Rossco8326 said:

We are going backwards under price he needs to go 

He does but unfortunately I don't think it will happen. With 6 away games left  I fear we are not likely to retain the HL under Price. If we cant beat Forres then beating the Broch and Buckie away seems beyond us.