The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

He has spent most of his career in the E.O.S. or Lowland leagues so our level wouldn't be an issue - maybe traveling would though.

I can't see it happening as Lenny doesn't appear to be willing to leave and being contracted to June 25 I'm not surprised (unless we pay him off)

Thought Lenny did fine on Saturday, didn't have a lot to do but made one decent save.  Will be interesting to see if he continues in goal tomorrow, I expect he will.

No chance of winning the league with Price(bald heided muppet) in charge.Changes formation tonight midfield looked disjointed again,the game crying out for a goal and he brings on our top goalscorer with 3 minutes to go.Seriously the club need to come out and tell us fans what’s going on.Struggling to score goals since Price has come in.Will Price be sacked if we don’t win the league I hope so get someone in that knows what he is doing.

32 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

No chance of winning the league with Price(bald heided muppet) in charge.Changes formation tonight midfield looked disjointed again,the game crying out for a goal and he brings on our top goalscorer with 3 minutes to go.Seriously the club need to come out and tell us fans what’s going on.Struggling to score goals since Price has come in.Will Price be sacked if we don’t win the league I hope so get someone in that knows what he is doing.

I agree that Grady should have come on sooner, however, I'm not sure he would have made a lot of difference as the BOD defense did well. I don't know why Handling didn't come on as he has been scoring goals and has the experience we needed tonight - perhaps he was injured. Until Richardson came on we didn't do much down our left flank.

Lenny did well I thought.

Where has the Brechin mafia gone now,quick to criticise other managers for strange/poor decisions asking the board to sack them.Also this board community based my arse if they were they would come out and tell the fans what’s happening with the Price/McGrath saga at least his agent has come out and clarified (on Facebook) that Grady hasn’t signed for anyone else.Price has ruined this good footballing team.

If he is going to let his personal differences get in the way of putting the best team on the park then he needs to go first it was lenny yeah he had a few howlers and needed dropped for a couple of games but to transfer list him was abit far. But not play a guy who has scored 30 goals and 5 hattricks and only give him 3 mins in a game that's 0 0 against a team challenging us for the title is an absolute joke of a decision 

10 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

We just need a Plan B...

I'm not one to advocate getting rid of managers, he just needs to figure out a different way of playing that we can change in game, when things aren't going to plan.

We'll have to do it eventually. He's going to fail. We might as well bin him now before it's too late.

23 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

We'll have to do it eventually. He's going to fail. We might as well bin him now before it's too late.

It's all fine and well hitting six past Strathspey, but when you're losing to the Broch, Formartine, Buckie, and failing to score against Bo'D at home, then you have to question the ability of this guy to be remotely competitive in the promotion playoffs should we scrape our way there.

At risk of sounding arrogant / entitled, there's little point in winning the league if we'd just be rolled over in the playoffs by EK (never mind Clyde), so I can't see the point in persevering with a mediocre setup.  Problem now is that it'll be difficult to judge if there'll be improvement when playing lower end of the table teams like Keith this coming weekend.  That said, Keith are above Buckie-beating Clach.

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's all fine and well hitting six past Strathspey, but when you're losing to the Broch, Formartine, Buckie, and failing to score against Bo'D at home, then you have to question the ability of this guy to be remotely competitive in the promotion playoffs should we scrape our way there.

At risk of sounding arrogant / entitled, there's little point in winning the league if we'd just be rolled over in the playoffs by EK (never mind Clyde), so I can't see the point in persevering with a mediocre setup.  Problem now is that it'll be difficult to judge if there'll be improvement when playing lower end of the table teams like Keith this coming weekend.  That said, Keith are above Buckie-beating Clach.

Agree with this 100%.  And it's not just the results, it's the decline in football we are playing, the fall out with Lenny, the fall out with Grady, the lack of trying to change the game last night.  He's only been here since the end of November and it already feels like so much unnecessary chaos has been caused.