The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are Brechin fans finally appreciating Gavin Price's man management and tactics or is he still a useless tosser by only winning 5-1?

Winning the league is only half the battle for Brechin. 

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are Brechin fans finally appreciating Gavin Price's man management and tactics or is he still a useless tosser by only winning 5-1?

Well done on missing the point…..

It’s one thing beating Turriff at home and Clach away. He’s judged in games against Buckie, Fraserburgh, Banks of Dee and Formartine. 

However today was decent. 

On 23/03/2024 at 19:32, Edzellcityfan said:

Well done on missing the point…..

It’s one thing beating Turriff at home and Clach away. He’s judged in games against Buckie, Fraserburgh, Banks of Dee and Formartine.  

... and there we have it formally proven tonight.  Unable to get a result whenever one of the bigger teams is involved, a trait that is truly useless moving ahead.

That's now a complete failure to beat Fraserburgh, Formartine, Bo'D and Buckie, having two attempts to turn over the latter. 

Completely unacceptable.  

On 23/03/2024 at 19:10, welshbairn said:

He’s a useless tosser and no amount of beating Turriff will change that.

9 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

He’s a useless tosser and no amount of beating Turriff will change that.

Should have sacked the clown weeks ago - all too predictable this evening. Decent first half and utter crap the 2nd.His selection and substitutions are bizzare. Wright and Strachan are utterly rank.

6 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Why when the game is at 1 -1 would you take off 2 of your best chances of a goal 

You would only do that if you were a clown of a Manager which unfortunately Price is.

I blame the demise of Brechin City on the last board,but can this board accept the blame for the joke appointment of Gavin Price,I’m afraid looks like we will never get back into the SPFL now.Long Live the City.

What a mess this manager has created, incredible really. Inherited a team more than capable of winning the league imo and has for some reason, completely dismantled it, bringing in several players who are mostly proving to be worse than the guys they’ve replaced. Get Simmo in charge for the last 5 games and hope for the best.

41 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Very poor comments by the manager on the match preview. Basically saying its all the players fault nothing to do with him 

Totally agree. Basically putting down to a lack of effort, total nonsense imo. The style of play(or complete lack of it and just humping the ball from back to front and hoping for the best is the problem) combined with the constant changes of personnel and formation along with ridiculous substitutions is the biggest problem. Had 4 ch on Wednesday including one at right wing back!

I think his comment about players not giving enough late on in such a big game was spot on.  I also thought his changes to the team were working well in the first half - Seth and Strachan both did well.  The manager needs to take some of the blame for the performance as well, however.  After all, it is his job to motivate the team.

Edited by Brechin City FC

11 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

I think his comment about players not giving enough late on in such a big game was spot on.  I also thought his changes to the team were working well in the first half - Seth and Strachan both did well.  The manager needs to take some of the blame for the performance as well, however.  After all, it is his job to motivate the team.

Seth did well and deserves to retain his place today( Price will probably drop him though). Matthew Wright has been a huge disappointment and removing Grady to bring him on is mind boggling. Unsure why Handling was removed after scoring a hat-trick in the previous game.

We need our best goal scorers to remain on the pitch if we are to have any chance of winning our last 5 games.

11 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

That second half was a tactical disaster of which Price took no responsibility. 

One thing about Kirk when things didn't go to plan was his ability to include himself in the criticisms  and explanations of what he was trying to achieve. That to me is man management as players could  see that he was as much part of the squad as they were. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That second half was a tactical disaster of which Price took no responsibility. 

One thing about Kirk when things didn't go to plan was his ability to include himself in the criticisms  and explanations of what he was trying to achieve. That to me is man management as players could  see that he was as much part of the squad as they were. 

Totally agree.  It wasn’t just late on in the game either.  They were all over us from the first minute of the second half.  For most of the time after the equaliser we were hanging on and the winner when it came had been coming.

45 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Seth did well and deserves to retain his place today( Price will probably drop him though). Matthew Wright has been a huge disappointment and removing Grady to bring him on is mind boggling. Unsure why Handling was removed after scoring a hat-trick in the previous game.

We need our best goal scorers to remain on the pitch if we are to have any chance of winning our last 5 games.

I can only assume Handling was carrying an injury and they wanted to give him the start of the second half to see if he could carry on - otherwise it is a very odd time to make a change. 

There is definitely a player in there with Wright, I think we have yet to see his full ability.

23 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Totally agree.  It wasn’t just late on in the game either.  They were all over us from the first minute of the second half.  For most of the time after the equaliser we were hanging on and the winner when it came had been coming.

Their number 8 got the freedom of the midfield and ran the show as we sat deeper and deeper . Why he wasn't singled out and shut down still baffles me. 

It was fairly obvious that everyone had been told to just sit in and contain them for as long as we could and defend the lead. 

We only had a real go at them in the last 5 mins ( the added on time )  which by then was far too late .