The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Is Price even able to turn this side into one capable of even challenging in either of the playoffs (should they even get there) between tonight and the end of the HL season?  I strongly fear not.

He is clueless and most of his signings haven't really worked out.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Why the f**k are you relying on the BBC for information on the Highland League?

Buckie won but they haven’t closed the gap. 

Maybe because I came on here originally and your post was as ambiguous as they come......"You’re not going to BELIEVE what these clowns are up to tonight. :lol:"

As I’ve said before, I’m not usually one for advocating getting rid of managers but I'm really struggling here. 
He needs to pick a shape we play in possession, pick a shape we play out of possession and stick with a core of a team. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

Maybe because I came on here originally and your post was as ambiguous as they come......"You’re not going to BELIEVE what these clowns are up to tonight. :lol:"

Your two best sources of general SHFL information are FitbaNorth.com, every Deveronvale fans favourite Highland League website, or its Twitter cousin, @fitbanorth. 

I need to go round to the BBC offices with two very big men and a blackjack, see if I can’t sort this out. 

9 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

As I’ve said before, I’m not usually one for advocating getting rid of managers but I'm really struggling here. 
He needs to pick a shape we play in possession, pick a shape we play out of possession and stick with a core of a team. 

Last night was brutally awful. A game played in an Arboath-like wind tunnel.  Our lot  couldn't work out how to play with the wind and crapped themselves playing against it. Forres could and should have won it as they pummelled us in the last half hour .

We scored a decent goal in the 5 minute period that we managed to control the ball. After that it looked as if we were just going to settle for the 1-0 win with no real attacking ambition.  Forres then just pumped loads of balls high in the air and let the wind create the panic in our defence when it landed . Almost every time the ball was won by a Forres player who managed to lay off easily  to one of their wide guys who seemed to have the freedom of the park. It wasn't pretty but it was certainly effective. 

In these conditions you sometimes have to just forget your formation football and find a way to grind out a result. We couldn't , Forres did. 

We certainly need a big reaction on Saturday and maybe Price needs to swallow some pride and start playing his strongest team more regularly. We certainly don't have the quality that he thinks to be able to rotate the squad seamlessly . Get back to the basics now and learn how to win ugly . 

29 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Last night was brutally awful. A game played in an Arboath-like wind tunnel.  Our lot  couldn't work out how to play with the wind and crapped themselves playing against it. Forres could and should have won it as they pummelled us in the last half hour .

We scored a decent goal in the 5 minute period that we managed to control the ball. After that it looked as if we were just going to settle for the 1-0 win with no real attacking ambition.  Forres then just pumped loads of balls high in the air and let the wind create the panic in our defence when it landed . Almost every time the ball was won by a Forres player who managed to lay off easily  to one of their wide guys who seemed to have the freedom of the park. It wasn't pretty but it was certainly effective. 

In these conditions you sometimes have to just forget your formation football and find a way to grind out a result. We couldn't , Forres did. 

We certainly need a big reaction on Saturday and maybe Price needs to swallow some pride and start playing his strongest team more regularly. We certainly don't have the quality that he thinks to be able to rotate the squad seamlessly . Get back to the basics now and learn how to win ugly . 

I'm really unsure if Price knows what his strongest team actually is. 

57 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Pretty much what my 11 year old son said when I asked him about the game. He only used three words though…….

Load of ****

22 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I cannot believe you’re going to f**k this up. :lol:

There is a general belief  in fitba that the hardest part of the season for most championship contenders is securing those crucial final points to make it mathematically impossible to be overtaken. 

You will see many teams just manage to stumble over the line or indeed blow it  in the last few games . 

This is going to be one of those seasons . Loads of points to be won and dropped before April is out. 

11 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There is a general belief  in fitba that the hardest part of the season for most championship contenders is securing those crucial final points to make it mathematically impossible to be overtaken. 

Not in this league it ain't. Likely (and eventual) SHFL champions lap up the pressure. 

Points dropped in the last ten games of the season...

2022/23 - Brechin (winners) - 4; Buckie (runners up) - 5
2021/22 - Fraserburgh (winners) - 0; Buckie (runners up) - 2
2018/19 - Cove Rangers (winners) - 4; Brora Rangers (runners up) - 8, all from draws
2017/18 - Cove Rangers (winners) - 6, all after clinching the title; Formartine United (runners up) - 0

If a team is into the home stretch and still fucking up, they probably ain't winning the league. 

35 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Bit strange there's no managers comments in the match preview or am I reading too much into that ? 🤔 

‘Always a tough place to go, they’re a team still with plenty to play for ahead of the close season so we know it’ll be a difficult afternoon, but the lads are well up for it and desperate not to repeat the midweek result. Hopefully the fans have plenty to cheer at full time, they’ve been great all season and we need to keep them onside’. 

Something like that?

On 14/03/2024 at 09:57, Jimmy Shaker said:

Your two best sources of general SHFL information are FitbaNorth.com, every Deveronvale fans favourite Highland League website, or its Twitter cousin, @fitbanorth. 

I need to go round to the BBC offices with two very big men and a blackjack, see if I can’t sort this out. 

The ladies at the BBC offices would probably fill you in.