The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

our defence has become really soft and easy to score against.

Buckie have played 5 games in 10 days so far and are scoring for fun and hardly conceding.

When Price came in we'd had 8 clean sheets out of 11 league games.  Granted most of those were against teams outwith the current top five, but under Price we've only kept 5 clean sheets in our last 11 games against non-top-five opposition.

Of those 11 games, we've played five against teams from the bottom four (Forres x2, Vale, Clach & Strathspey) and we conceded in every one of those bar Clach.

42 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Winning the league would be meaningless if we don't go up.

I was of that opinion until the final day last season.  Winning that league was one of the most memorable days I've had supporting City in around 30 years. 

16 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

I was of that opinion until the final day last season.  Winning that league was one of the most memorable days I've had supporting City in around 30 years. 

I agree with this. It was up there with the last minute equaliser to get promoted at Hamilton.

Winning the league wouldn't be meaningless, but of course promotion is the ultimate goal and where the club needs to be.

32 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

For me it was indeed superb, but entirely about keeping promotion hopes alive.  Without the playoff qualification it would have been no different to winning the HL cup, for me at least.

Will obviously be different to fans for which winning the closed-shop league would have been everything for years. 

So am right in saying after Saturday if Brechin don't win the league Grady McGrath contract will be up?Could be a Mo player by next week?

Heard we are after him along with EF and Forfar....See what happens but he is defo worth a punt.

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:

So am right in saying after Saturday if Brechin don't win the league Grady McGrath contract will be up?Could be a Mo player by next week?

Heard we are after him along with EF and Forfar....See what happens but he is defo worth a punt.

I 'think' it's already done that he's coming to you.

2 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I 'think' it's already done that he's coming to you.

So a keep hearing but it's a funny old game.How do you think he would get on if he was to join?

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

So a keep hearing but it's a funny old game.How do you think he would get on if he was to join?

Doesn't play ahead of Hester that's for sure.

Out and out finisher and I fancy he'd score goals if given the chances.

This week is probably not the best week to be asking because he probably had his worst ever game for us on Wednesday night.

4 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Doesn't play ahead of Hester that's for sure.

Out and out finisher and I fancy he'd score goals if given the chances.

This week is probably not the best week to be asking because he probably had his worst ever game for us on Wednesday night.

Cheers.

Kane has been hot and cold this year for us we have had flashes off what he can do but not enough,Grady would be well worth a punt and at 22 still very young.

Feel for Brechin as winning the league is a great feeling but that's just half the work done.So bloody hard to get back in the league now after you fall out,every year theirs seems to be an up and coming LL team.

I'll stand by what I said.  Last year was totally different.  It was one of the best, if not the best day I've ever had supporting Brechin.

But we were playing well, we had belief in the team and more importantly the manager.  Most of us want this manager sacked and the outcome on Saturday won't change that.

Maybe I'm getting (more) miserable in my old age, but this has nowhere near the same feeling as last year.

59 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Price has a contract. But surely not winning the league, and the performances in games, makes his position untenable? 

Surley there must be some clause in it with targets he has to meet or hes gone which I hope he is either way 

17 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Okay lads I know most of you don’t like my comments on here,but looks like another season in the Highland league due to a poor appointment by the board.

Price is useless 

We used to play nice football on the deck and out pass the opponents and score for fun against the lesser teams and hardly concede.We were top goalscorers last season and the meanest defence,since Price has come in it is high balls up to Louden which most teams mop up and we struggle to create and score goals.Also our defence has become really soft and easy to score against.

Buckie have played 5 games in 10 days so far and are scoring for fun and hardly conceding.

We are going to lose 75% of our players next season because they don’t like Price,surely the board should be doing something about this,or are they enjoying the money from Price.

When Simmo was in charge for the 2 games in between managers the attitude of the players was spot on , since Price has come in the players are just going through the motions wanting the season to end.

I know there is one game left with us having the most difficult game I don’t think we will beat Brora as Price doesn’t know how to set up and beat the bigger teams.

Im sure come Saturday night there will be more gripes when we could even finish 3rd.

If the inevitable happens on Saturday then I hope Price falls on his sword after the game. He will have failed and a complete re-set will have to take place next season.

50 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Surley there must be some clause in it with targets he has to meet or hes gone which I hope he is either way 

Let's hope so

6 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I agree with this. It was up there with the last minute equaliser to get promoted at Hamilton.

Winning the league wouldn't be meaningless, but of course promotion is the ultimate goal and where the club needs to be.

Why I don’t get why a team who win the HL doesn’t actually give the playoff a proper go. 

Failure to get promoted again is a travesty for Brechin,if we don’t do it next season Brechin are finished.This new board have been failures not much improvement from the last gang.The big benefactor didn’t want Price as manager and he’s been proven right.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Failure to get promoted again is a travesty for Brechin,if we don’t do it next season Brechin are finished.This new board have been failures not much improvement from the last gang.The big benefactor didn’t want Price as manager and he’s been proven right.

Who replaces Price when he does go? If you don’t go up would Paul Lawson at BOD be considered?