The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

Would take Hermiston - he looks very promising

Hermiston needs a loan if you ask me and stays Aberdeen way so could possibly happen.

Commiserations on the end of season there, hopefully Price is swiftly booted into touch. Asking for my own curiosity, how did Jamie Richardson get on? Obviously a step up in pressure from North End, not loads of goals but did he handle himself for Brechin? Cheers

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Commiserations on the end of season there, hopefully Price is swiftly booted into touch. Asking for my own curiosity, how did Jamie Richardson get on? Obviously a step up in pressure from North End, not loads of goals but did he handle himself for Brechin? Cheers

Was probably the best of the 3 loan signings Price brought in. Looked amazing in his first game however he spent most games stuck out on the wing which I don't think suited him. A better Manager could have got more out of him. Has bags of pace and seems quite a strong lad. He tried very hard but some of the HL defenders don't take prisoners. Hope he gets another loan spell but with a decent SPFL club. 

19 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I think he would get a lot more games at Station Park however it'll probably come down to wages and length of contract and this is why I can't see Forfar being a serious contender for his signature.

As a player who scores goals for fun you would assume he would want to join a team that play the odd bout of attacking football.

That rules out Forfar (at the moment)

9 hours ago, speedframe said:

As a player who scores goals for fun you would assume he would want to join a team that play the odd bout of attacking football.

That rules out Forfar (at the moment)

Unfortunately agents have a big say in the signing process . The player usually has to just trust that the agent is working for his best interests. 

That’s the player exodus started at Buckie now,Max Barry handed in transfer request although he wants to play in the SPFL,just wish we had the money to buy him he is the type of midfielder we need and we do show more ambition than Buckie.

On 09/05/2024 at 19:56, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be a good player if he kept it simple,tried too much fancy stuff .

On 09/05/2024 at 10:34, citydiehard said:

Think you will find most players don’t like Price and want to move on,so when bids come in they will be gone ,most players will just go through the motions until they get the move.

I pay my dues to the club so can express my opinion most of you don’t like it because you are blinkered.Just can’t believe when the club were in dire straits the last time the so called supporters demanded action this time they arent bothered.The club is gone expect the Glebe to be sold.Heard on the grapevine but most of you won’t believe it.

What bids and who’s going to pay money for them? 

On 09/05/2024 at 12:00, Run DMC said:

Grady was left out of the starting line up in 11 league games. Once under Kirk and 10 times by Price.

He’s left him out of the starting line up in almost half the games he was in charge.  No one is convincing me that he wouldn’t have scored four or five more goals at least in those games.  Enough to win the league.

He should be sacked for that alone.

4 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

He’s left him out of the starting line up in almost half the games he was in charge.  No one is convincing me that he wouldn’t have scored four or five more goals at least in those games.  Enough to win the league.

He should be sacked for that alone.

I agree that Grady would have scored the goals required but it shouldn't have had to go to GD. Price lost 5 games against the main contenders and for me it's mind blowing that he is still in charge. He should have torn his contract up and  resigned in shame, 

Been watching this thread with interest.

Clearly it was a poor appointment, but at what stage do people think he should have been dismissed, bearing in mind Brechin were probably still favourites to win the league until the very last games of the season?

11 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Clearly it was a poor appointment, but at what stage do people think he should have been dismissed, bearing in mind Brechin were probably still favourites to win the league until the very last games of the season?

We drew 0-0 at home against BOD at the end of Feb. He put on Grady with 3 minutes of the game remaining. That meant that he had dropped 11 points in his first 13 games in charge. For me that was the time as we still had 10 games remaining and we could have gone back to the combination of Simmons/ McHattie (who had been interims before Price was appointed)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We had a spell in Feb/March where we lost to Buckie and drew with Banks O'Dee at home, and drew with Forres away.  That coincided with Grady being out of the team and the Forres game was the final straw for me.  it was just so clearly not working and the majority of fans had lost hope of winning the league after that point - the only reason we were still hanging in there was because Buckie kept on dropping points.

Edited by Brechin City FC

2 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

We drew 0-0 at home against BOD at the end of Feb. He put on Grady with 3 minutes of the game remaining. That meant that he had dropped 11 points in his first 13 games in charge. For me that was the time as we still had 10 games remaining and we could have gone back to the combination of Simmons/ McHattie (who had been interims before Price was appointed)

Nail on head👍🏼

I agree that Grady would have scored the goals required but it shouldn't have had to go to GD. Price lost 5 games against the main contenders and for me it's mind blowing that he is still in charge. He should have torn his contract up and  resigned in shame, 

Absolutely agree

5 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Might have been watching the thread with interest but not the football if you think we were anything like favourites to win the league until the last game to be honest. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Might have been watching the thread with interest but not the football if you think we were anything like favourites to win the league until the last game to be honest. 

I'm East Fife fan sunshine.

Why would I be watching Brechin City?

Plus I didn't say until the last game..

Edited by Cosmic Joe

Brechin should follow Buckie’s suit and stipulate that the players leaving are not allowed to join other highland league clubs.

Still waiting on a statement by the club on the way forward for the club,the silence is worrying that we are in dire straits.