The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, true fan said:

Did Brechin invent Covid? No

Did Brechin shut the leagues down? No

Is a 3 game season good? No

Make an appeal. It’s the SPFLs job to pass judgment. No problem 

Its easy to have a go at others

Get doon the pan and never return you bunch of chancers.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

54 minutes ago, true fan said:

Did Brechin invent Covid? No

Did Brechin shut the leagues down? No

Is a 3 game season good? No

Make an appeal. It’s the SPFLs job to pass judgment. No problem 

Its easy to have a go at others

They should hang their heads in shame for using the Colt teams proposal as a way of saving their arses though.

4 minutes ago, true fan said:

Spurs ?

Has to be the greedy and completely out of touch Glazers at MU and Henry / Werner at Liverpool. They pushed for the ESL.

Brechin just in panic mode.

5 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

They should hang their heads in shame for using the Colt teams proposal as a way of saving their arses though.

I thought they were suggesting a 12 team league with Brora and Kelty joining. Were they suggesting a bigger number?

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

I thought they were suggesting a 12 team league with Brora and Kelty joining. Were they suggesting a bigger number?

As part of it, the Colts would join in year 2 or 3

9 minutes ago, PELE said:

Aye, they were pushing for a 16 team L2.  Brora & Kelty this season followed by the next two Tier 5 champions as well as the colts. 

All for the playoffs, as long as it doesn't involve them.  Sickening.

The crux of Brechin’s defence is that due to the pandemic nobody should be relegated. So what was the point of the season? Either you commit to it or you don’t. You can’t have promotion without relegation. Wasn’t that the premise that that the ESL was built on? And didn’t Brechin themselves deride the ESL with their “This is football” tweet.

And as for the strain the fixture calendar has put on their players, I would love to know how Brechin voted when it was suggested that they cram in these additional games.

The hypocrisy is shameful.

7 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

As part of it, the Colts would join in year 2 or 3

This is the most bizarre part of their proposal. Is this just an attempt to get two votes?

I think this is a genuinely difficult issue. Yes, if Brechin finish bottom in a completed season then they should be in a playoff. (And I would have no sympathy for them if they lost.) But neither the HL or LL seasons were properly completed, hence calling into question their declaring champions. I can just about buy Kelty as LL champions, but Brora after just three games, on goal difference and when 5 teams had a 100% record?  Don’t buy this. 

I do think we need a bigger Tier 4, but if this is to go ahead it should be done on a planned and thought through basis, not as a panic measure to save an individual club. 

Edited by EdinburghBlue

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think this is a genuinely difficult issue. Yes, if Brechin finish bottom in a completed season then they should be in a playoff. (And I would have no sympathy for them if they lost.) But neither the HL or LL seasons were properly completed, hence calling into question their declaring champions. I can just about buy Kelty as LL champions, but Brora after just three games, on goal difference and when 5 teams had a 100% record?  Don’t buy this.

For me, Brechin City made the mistake of reminding people of their record over the last two seasons. What's happening is within the rules of the 2020-21 season and it's in the spirit of fairness of the curtailed nature of both 2019-20 & 2020-21.

End of the day it's a play-off. Not automatic promotion or relegation for any of the teams. They're going to have to prove it on the field, which is what football is all about.

The SFA sought legal opinion so I don’t see the problem with Brechin doing the same.

Hearts and Partick did it too remember. In fact the Budge proposal for reconstruction was based on Hearts are a big team so shouldn’t be relegated so I find the kicking of Brechin a bit rich.

Best thing would be to do the same as last season. Goes to arbitration with 3 QCs and it’s sorted without the Courts getting involved.

its a sad decline for Brechin City over the past 5 or so years, a club that punched well above its weight for a lot of years. At one point or other every part time club in Scotland has had hard times and unfortunately its now the turn of Brechin. Not too long ago Brechin and Forfar were the dominant clubs in Angus with Montrose and Arbroath struggling, this has flipped round recently and this happens in football. 

Instead of statements claiming unfairness and re-construction  i would like to see this once proud club embrace the situation and fight . You arent relegated yet, you have 2 games against Brora or Kelty and allthough tough are winnable. Everyone at the club should be rolling  the sleeves up and preparing for the clubs 2 biggest games in there history.

Berwick and East Stirling have both been relegated and have got on with the situation. Yes it would be a very sad day for me if they were relegated but the pyramid is in place for the reason for clubs to  progress.

if you were to be relegated  its not the end of the world, budget accordingly and regroup and try and come back up.

All the best...

This is the most bizarre part of their proposal. Is this just an attempt to get two votes?

I do think we need a bigger Tier 4, but if this is to go ahead it should be done on a planned and thought through basis, not as a panic measure to save an individual club. 
Neither league 1 or 2 will be properly completed this season either yet promotion and relegation will still be taking place.

36 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The SFA sought legal opinion so I don’t see the problem with Brechin doing the same.

Hearts and Partick did it too remember. In fact the Budge proposal for reconstruction was based on Hearts are a big team so shouldn’t be relegated so I find the kicking of Brechin a bit rich.

Best thing would be to do the same as last season. Goes to arbitration with 3 QCs and it’s sorted without the Courts getting involved.

Hearts got annihilated, I mean properly DESTROYED by everyone with > 3 brain cells last summer. It was glorious. Brechin are not getting any special nasty treatment here.