The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Guest mr_malcolm
I could see Brechin giving Brora a good fight next season. 
You only have at teams like Lincoln and Tranmere down south to see that dropping out the league isn’t a death knell.

Totally different down there though .

Brechin will find it very hard to attract any players from south of Dundee. The most southern game they will play all season will be in Brechin.

Brechin City season ticket holders were on the pitch hugging Montrose players after we won the league so for that reason alone I'm absolutely delighted to see them going down.

1 minute ago, mr_malcolm said:

I’ve heard wick is nice in December

It is indeed. One of the nicest sunsets I've ever seen at a football ground. Technically this was January, but close enough.

Folk on here talking about the Highland League like it's the afterlife. It's a great competition with some strong side, grand old grounds (not a single plastic pitch), only face each other twice a season and a lot of really good away days.

D0SjyM3WsAA_QBv.jpeg

East Stirling, Berwick, Brechin
Lot of old clubs going

Have to feel sorry for the fans of Brechin City first and foremost today.

The demise of the club out the league has been coming and was only delayed a year due to the Covid pandemic. When you look at Montrose who took their warning, Brechin have continued to stink the league out again this season and played Russian roulette with their league status. The committee there have a lot to answer for.

But it has to be said being an old club shouldn't and mustn't guarantee league status. Kelty have shown they are a better team than Brechin and deserve their place in the league. Brechin will have to lick their wounds and rebuild. Some decent places to visit in the Highland League and you'll make a lot of new friends.

Commiserations to the Brechin City fans. I criticised the club for their recent antics but that's not the fans' fault. It won't be the end of your club though, as devestated as you will surely be now, the club have to focus now on getting themselves back together in the Highland League.

2 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Totally different down there though .

Brechin will find it very hard to attract any players from south of Dundee. The most southern game they will play all season will be in Brechin.

Season after next they could well have someone like Lochee or Carnoustie for company.