The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Thank you for that.

I am not having a go at L2, the whole setup needs re-jigging. From top to bottom. Apathy and self-interest abounds. There isn't a coherent policy it's all a hotch potch, mainly what each level can get away with.

I can't disagree with anything you have said. . 

Scottish football will never thrive when no one in authority is willing to openly  listen to , debate or act on any other opinion than their own. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I can't disagree with anything you have said. . 

Scottish football will never thrive when no one in authority is willing to openly  listen to , debate or act on any other opinion than their own. 

You get the impression it's all decided by past it old men like your ex chairman, that boring old double glazing salesman from Brora and fucking Rod Petrie, meeting up for a few brandies at Hampden and sending Maxwell out with some mental stuff to wind up the youngsters. 

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You get the impression it's all decided by past it old men like your ex chairman, that boring old double glazing salesman from Brora and fucking Rod Petrie, meeting up for a few brandies at Hampden and sending Maxwell out with some mental stuff to wind up the youngsters. 

You might not be too far off the mark there. 

5 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Not denying that my friend. Just pointing out that there are those that are looking for a reason to have a go at the promoted clubs. Why? Well its best they answer that. 

It appears endemic throughout the pyramid this attitude against change. Queens Park, since turning professional, have become a target of this attitude too. It's a how dare they get some money in and have the temerity to aspire to the premiership. Their place was in L1 but mainly L2.

As an extra, read a piece by that literary giant Leckie bemoaning the possible 'loss' of Albion Rovers. Eh, I could be wrong but they aren't going bust just dropping down a league potentially.

He also bemoaned the 'fate' of ES, Berwick and the Coos. However no mention of the positive moves of Edin FC, Cove, Kelty and no congrats to Bonnyrigg on staying up.

It's this attitude that irks me and others.

Teams play at a level that suits their budget.

A bit simplistic statement but I have rambled enough.

Leckie is an utter clown......better of he stays away from lower league football.....,he's championed various clubs in the press over the yrs...........Gala,Spartans,Peterhead all before the pyramid started.

(When you had to be invited in) .

Using his press space in the "shitty sun" to do so !!

I know it's early but any rumours on who is staying who is going ? I know Marco Fraser and Bain all signed new deals sure there was a few others on 2 year deals I did hear in Jan we were going to sign Seth Partick but couldn't cause he had played for too many clubs maybe we will get him now the season is over ? 

On 09/05/2023 at 18:59, Rossco8326 said:

I know it's early but any rumours on who is staying who is going ? I know Marco Fraser and Bain all signed new deals sure there was a few others on 2 year deals I did hear in Jan we were going to sign Seth Partick but couldn't cause he had played for too many clubs maybe we will get him now the season is over ? 

Don’t think Bain signed? You mean McHattie?

What now for Brechin City?

Great commitment from lads like Jamie Bain etc commuting from Glasgow and their abouts but do they really want to keep doing it?I know a large chunk of the Squad are local based but their is quite a few central based? I honestly thought you would have taken care of Spartan's but Just fall short against Albion Rovers but it's a funny old game and here you are another season in the HL.

On 09/05/2023 at 18:59, Rossco8326 said:

Let’s hope Mr Kirk gets his new signings early doors and everyone gets pre-season together to gel.Got to strengthen a few areas of the squad and can’t wait to see who he brings in.Although disappointed getting beat in the playoff but we are only 2 years into the rebuild just hope everyone sticks together and get us back into the SPFL.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

What now for Brechin City?

Great commitment from lads like Jamie Bain etc commuting from Glasgow and their abouts but do they really want to keep doing it?I know a large chunk of the Squad are local based but their is quite a few central based? I honestly thought you would have taken care of Spartan's but Just fall short against Albion Rovers but it's a funny old game and here you are another season in the HL.

Since our decline we have improved massively season on season. There is real momentum within the club and everyone seems to be pulling in the right direction. Crowds are up, hospitality is busier than ever and the community seems to be supporting the longer term plans of the club . 

Another season in the HL isn't the disaster some are making out. Sure losing that play off was a real downer but I'm sure we can build on that and come back stronger than ever next season. 

I was told we have 11 signed already which is a real positive . We do need some fresh faces and possibly some experience but I'm sure Andy and Craig are on the case as we speak. 

Basically the club is  much more attractive for players to come . There is a clear vision of the direction we are going under the new regime. The future looks a whole lot brighter than it did a couple of years ago that's for sure.

I think Brechin should put more effort into Cup games this season instead of just concentrating on grinding out league points, to be better prepared for one off challenges like play offs.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4379158/fan-power-crowds-soaring-courier-county/

Brechin City: Glebe Park gates soaring

Brechin could have been forgiven for fearing the worst when they were relegated to the Highland League in 2021.

With games spread out across the Highlands, including a near six-hour commute to Wick, travelling crowds are limited.

But Brechin have bucked the trend by increasing their home and away fan base en-route to winning the Highland League title.

This season has seen them play in front of their biggest crowds since their Championship term in 2017-2018.

They played out the season in front of a staggering 1,900 in the pyramid play-off semi-final loss to Spartans.

Even before that they were drawing crowds and Brechin’s average gate has soared by 45.6% year-on-year.

The 594 that watched this term, in comparison to a mean gate of 408 last term, eclipses the fan base they have had in League One and League Two over the last decade.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4379158/fan-power-crowds-soaring-courier-county/

Brechin City: Glebe Park gates soaring

Brechin could have been forgiven for fearing the worst when they were relegated to the Highland League in 2021.

With games spread out across the Highlands, including a near six-hour commute to Wick, travelling crowds are limited.

But Brechin have bucked the trend by increasing their home and away fan base en-route to winning the Highland League title.

This season has seen them play in front of their biggest crowds since their Championship term in 2017-2018.

They played out the season in front of a staggering 1,900 in the pyramid play-off semi-final loss to Spartans.

Even before that they were drawing crowds and Brechin’s average gate has soared by 45.6% year-on-year.

The 594 that watched this term, in comparison to a mean gate of 408 last term, eclipses the fan base they have had in League One and League Two over the last decade.

Winning and playing well increases the crowds. Crazy!

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

I see hester has handed in a transfer request. Roumour was he was going to sign for us if we went up. Not sure what will happen with it now sure he will have other options 

That’s what I don’t like about players, instead of waiting to see what if why not sign for us and help our promotion push.For those players that have signed on again I thank you and hopefully next season we can do it.

1 hour ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Is there any news on Botti Biabi extending a new contract or leaving the club?

Not herd anything he was only contracted to the end of the season would like to keep him as he improved alot the last few games of the season. Are you linked with him ? 

37 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Not herd anything he was only contracted to the end of the season would like to keep him as he improved alot the last few games of the season. Are you linked with him ? 

We aren’t linked with him but we are needing a striker and I know he has been good this season and he was also at Kelty last season so he would be a good option because Hester doesn’t seem to be considering us as an option

33 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

We aren’t linked with him but we are needing a striker and I know he has been good this season and he was also at Kelty last season so he would be a good option because Hester doesn’t seem to be considering us as an option

Ah ok he defantly puts in alot of hard work and is quite tricky in the Box would like to keep him specailly as there is a few clubs looking at Grady but not sure he would want another season in the Highland league. Wouldn't mind hester either