The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 17/06/2023 at 10:40, barnseytheclaret said:

Sorry for butting in. Thinking of going to the opening game on 29 July with my two kids. What's the ticket prices for the coming season? Is there much to do in town or surrounding area ? We're going to be based in Forfar... Thanks in advance!

You’ve got the castle centre which I’m sure has a country park with a few things to do for kids, my niece is 9 and loves it which will maybe give some sort of idea to the age group it caters for. Also has a decent enough cafe for something quick to eat.

Other than that, Brechin itself is pretty shite, if you want to let your kids experience what life was like in this country immediately following world war 2 then take them there as very little has changed.

Couldn't make it to the meeting as I was away on holiday. Was there anything said about the players not mentioned on the the squad update?  Like boti and crookie?  Why is it taking us so long to bring players in ? I know some are still under contract with other clubs 

3 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Couldn't make it to the meeting as I was away on holiday. Was there anything said about the players not mentioned on the the squad update?  Like boti and crookie?  Why is it taking us so long to bring players in ? I know some are still under contract with other clubs 

Not really much of an update by Kirk on the player front. Botti is unlikely to sign as he lives in the Glasgow area and traveling is an issue (the main reason Bain was not signed on again). They are trying to sign players who are not based in Central Scotland and are of a decent standard - I think this is proving to be very difficult. I would expect that they have a few trialists at training which commenced last Monday. Unless we throw money at players (which we don't really have), the HL is not proving to be an easy selling point for us. It's very frustrating I know!

9 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Not really much of an update by Kirk on the player front. Botti is unlikely to sign as he lives in the Glasgow area and traveling is an issue (the main reason Bain was not signed on again). They are trying to sign players who are not based in Central Scotland and are of a decent standard - I think this is proving to be very difficult. I would expect that they have a few trialists at training which commenced last Monday. Unless we throw money at players (which we don't really have), the HL is not proving to be an easy selling point for us. It's very frustrating I know!

Not getting promotion is the reason players won’t come,as I said before the Highland League is our level now.

5 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Thanks for the update. Thought we might be struggling to get players in to be fair what we have just now is a pretty decent squad just need to replace the ones that have left. As long as we manage to keep hold of Grady I'll be happy 

24 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Is this regime as bad as the last one.Two more good players gone none coming in also heard they are struggling to get players.A middle placed highland league team now,will be lucky to be near the top.

We have too many quality players signed to be anywhere near a mid-table side.  

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Brechin will challenge for, or win the league again.  I think Brora will be their main rivals this season actually.

I think Formartine will push us hard - they have some very good players (including one we didn't re-sign!). Buckie will be strong again and BOD could break into the top 4.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Brechin will challenge for, or win the league again.  

I can't see them winning it with the current playing squad unless other teams are weaker than last year.  There appears to be a growing realisation in Brechin, that the Highland League is the present and the future.

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

I can't see them winning it with the current playing squad unless other teams are weaker than last year.  There appears to be a growing realisation in Brechin, that the Highland League is the present and the future.

A real wishful thinking kind of post. 🤣

On 18/06/2023 at 12:27, Aidan said:

You’ve got the castle centre which I’m sure has a country park with a few things to do for kids, my niece is 9 and loves it which will maybe give some sort of idea to the age group it caters for. Also has a decent enough cafe for something quick to eat.

Other than that, Brechin itself is pretty shite, if you want to let your kids experience what life was like in this country immediately following world war 2 then take them there as very little has changed.

Ok, thanks. I think 🤔 😂

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

is any Brechinite going to actually say something nice about your city/town/village?

You've got to admire them for not wasting effort attempting the impossible.

9 hours ago, citydiehard said:

This new regime now chasing the fans away with this new digital pay scheme got to love their ambition for the club.

Nobody is being driven away as there will still be a cash gate for those who don't trust technology.

Most clubs have now gone down the digital path as the man-hours involved in operating a sole cash policy are extreme. 

You seem intent on only writing negative posts (as you are clearly not a fan) so my reply is aimed at proper fans who could not attend the latest club meeting.