The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

17 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

In only having 4 teams competing for the promotion and relegation when Conference at least had 6

I don't follow your logic. Surely all 14 teams would be trying to finish as high as possible in the league to gain more prize money ? 

More saddening  though is you thinking the conference has any place in Scottish football at all. 

8 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

I don’t think that’s what offsideflag meant, but I’m sure you know that.

But it is what he published - if you have your own plan at least make sure when you reveal it what you say makes sense.  He still doesn’t know 

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't follow your logic. Surely all 14 teams would be trying to finish as high as possible in the league to gain more prize money ? 

More saddening  though is you thinking the conference has any place in Scottish football at all. 

A ten team league with 4 b teams versus a league which only has 4 teams - that is what you were actually talking about.  Neither floats my boat.  On a more serious note there is clearly little SPFL appetite to increase from 42 teams but that doesn’t seem to deter endless theorists giving us their dream

15 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

A ten team league with 4 b teams versus a league which only has 4 teams - that is what you were actually talking about.  Neither floats my boat.  On a more serious note there is clearly little SPFL appetite to increase from 42 teams but that doesn’t seem to deter endless theorists giving us their dream

From what I can make out, the SPFL is based on preserving 4 matches against Celtic and Rangers in the premier league as Doncaster's only selling point for whatever paltry sponsorhip deal he can muster. The other 3 leagues and the flawed pyramid don't really come into Doncaster's  equations . The SFA seem to realise that change might be good but even they are fixated on making sure that Celtic and Rangers are kept sweet first and foremost. 

Doncaster has maintained that the 42 team league will remain and is obviously banging that drum at league meetings. After all,  he managed to convince his fellow spfl board members to spread the armageddon warning when trying to fit the new Rangers at the highest level in the league system. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

About £2000.

They received £4,000 for winning the HL. Not much tbh however qualification to the Viaplay Cup guarantees them £24,000 even for finishing bottom of their group.

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Any news of any signings coming any time soon ? Herd about 2 weeks ago a player that had signed for us but nothing has been announced 

Not out of contract until 30th June but agreed to come.

17 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

They received £4,000 for winning the HL. Not much tbh however qualification to the Viaplay Cup guarantees them £24,000 even for finishing bottom of their group.

Someone did tell me 4k and just wanted to make sure.... That's crazy!

13 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Plus gate money, which won't be huge in their group sadly. You can see why some top clubs might have fleetingly considered what was being offered in the conference with prize money like that for winning the Highland League. 

2 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Sorry for butting in. Thinking of going to the opening game on 29 July with my two kids. What's the ticket prices for the coming season? Is there much to do in town or surrounding area ? We're going to be based in Forfar... Thanks in advance!

Brechin charge the standard Highland League tenner and an extortionate £7 for all concessions, including kids. Local u16s can apply for a free season ticket. There are places to eat and drink in nearby Montrose. :P

P.S. Only kidding, it's a nice wee place. Hopefully some hedge lovers will be on soon to give you some local knowledge.

Edited by welshbairn