The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Our new signings haven’t actually set the heather on fire.Not really enhanced our squad.

Letting Deano (an excellent keeper) go and replace with a 17 year old baffles me.Deano treated shabbily by Kirk so understand why he has left ,he was a very able replacement for Lenny (shite under pressure).So now we have a keeper liable to making stupid mistakes guaranteed a game as you can’t expect a 17 year old to cope with the rough and tumble of the highland league.We need more attack minded signings especially to challenge Grady for the striking spot.

5 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Our new signings haven’t actually set the heather on fire.Not really enhanced our squad.

Letting Deano (an excellent keeper) go and replace with a 17 year old baffles me.Deano treated shabbily by Kirk so understand why he has left ,he was a very able replacement for Lenny (shite under pressure).So now we have a keeper liable to making stupid mistakes guaranteed a game as you can’t expect a 17 year old to cope with the rough and tumble of the highland league.We need more attack minded signings especially to challenge Grady for the striking spot.

I agree that Dean should have had a few more games and  I'm sure he'll do well at Lochee. I think we have signed a really good prospect in Jamie and hopefully, your "crystal ball" (which predicts he will make stupid mistakes) is incorrect.

11 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

I agree that Dean should have had a few more games and  I'm sure he'll do well at Lochee. I think we have signed a really good prospect in Jamie and hopefully, your "crystal ball" (which predicts he will make stupid mistakes) is incorrect.

Please read the comments properly, i said Lenny makes stupid mistakes and you can’t expect a 17 year old to cope with the rough and tumble of the highland league.

10 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Please read the comments properly, i said Lenny makes stupid mistakes and you can’t expect a 17 year old to cope with the rough and tumble of the highland league.

Lenny played every league game - 34 and conceded 16 goals which was by far the least amount of goals conceded by any team. Fair enough he made some errors but our defense looks rock solid to me even if Jamie has to play a few games.

On 17/07/2022 at 11:18, citydiehard said:

Maybe was giving the trialist some game time to see if he is up to standard,which hopefully they will see he is not.He need to get fit too.On the upside when was the last time we were undefeated in pre season.

That trialist was Deano.  

19 hours ago, citydiehard said:

🤣

On 25/06/2023 at 12:13, citydiehard said:

Wasn’t overly impressed yesterday the only trialist worth another go was probably the keeper.

Heard yesterday in the ground that players don’t want to come to Brechin because we didn’t win the play off.So looks like back to the good old days of getting the dregs/shite free players.Will now struggle to get out of the Highland League ,will always struggle against the bigger,stronger fitter teams.

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Wow we actually won a pre season friendly only scoring 2 goals which is pathetic against a junior side,Buckie are scoring for fun in their friendlies.

Checked to see who it was and it was North End. Finished fifth only 5 points behind Lochee United and 12 behind Carnoustie Panmure. Likely at least midtable quality in Highland League terms in other words?

On 05/07/2023 at 17:02, LongTimeLurker said:

Checked to see who it was and it was North End. Finished fifth only 5 points behind Lochee United and 12 behind Carnoustie Panmure. Likely at least midtable quality in Highland League terms in other words?

Yeah, North End would be roughly that standard I'd say. Decent side.

Literally just been watching North End today... Broxburn beat them 2-1. Decent looking side with a fair bit of pace about them. Unlucky today that one of their wingers had to go off early injured. Broxburn had to play pretty well today to beat them and I can't see them being a side many (or any) teams and tiers 5 or 6 would get 4 or 5 goals against them.

7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Pleasing to see us knock in a few goals against Brechin Vics at weekend. 

Basically doing what Buckie were doing against similar standard of opposition

No doubt it still won't be good enough for Mr Diehard. Thought crookie was brillant when he came on kirky would be stupid not to sign him up 

8 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

No doubt it still won't be good enough for Mr Diehard. Thought crookie was brillant when he came on kirky would be stupid not to sign him up 

Yes, I agree with you. He is local lad , has a great attitude, and has never let the club down. Would also sign up our trialist (number 19) who scored a double.