The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

21 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

You won't be bringing a larger than average away support to station park next Tuesday in that case? Or  has every other time that you've come been a coincidence. Stop talking rubbish.

You do realise that there’s this thing called distance that comes into play when fans travel to games yes? I’m not talking rubbish, couldn’t care less about Forfar. You were pretty irritating when we were both going for the league but other than that could not care less about you or your weekly results? 

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

Aye ok, you cared enough to read this and then post about how much you don’t care.  Enjoy your season, I’ll be actively hoping you get relegated though.

Been on this site since 2007 and take an interest in Scottish football. Had checked the Linlithgow and Cowdenbeath threads before this one, must care about them alot too. 

And maybe we will get relegated but can guarantee we will accumulate more than 4 points

Edited by 1320Lichtie

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You do realise that there’s this thing called distance that comes into play when fans travel to games yes? I’m not talking rubbish, couldn’t care less about Forfar. You were pretty irritating when we were both going for the league but other than that could not care less about you or your weekly results? 

Well good for you I guess? Tradition isn't for everyone I suppose.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Tradition states our derby is Montrose and your derby is Brechin. You pretty much said that yourself in your initial post?

Yeah I did say Brechin is different on a certain level to me personally but that doesn't mean it means a significant amount more than the others do, every supporter will have a preference for whatever reason. I think it's a good thing that we can see eachother as derbies and rivals, that's what makes Angus football what it is.

8 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yeah I did say Brechin is different on a certain level to me personally but that doesn't mean it means a significant amount more than the others do, every supporter will have a preference for whatever reason. I think it's a good thing that we can see eachother as derbies and rivals, that's what makes Angus football what it is.

I enjoy them, when the games come around it’s a nice wee change. But away from that I don’t really take to much notice of Forfar or Brechin (good or bad I’m not meaning this in a shitey way).

Montrose are our rivals not you two 

Also I now live in Forfar so the game on the 25th will be the first time we’ve played since I’ve lived here so looking forward to it for that reason - derby rivals though? Meh, maybe on the day but away from that it’s not anything like the same as it is against Montrose 

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tradition states our derby is Montrose and your derby is Brechin. You pretty much said that yourself in your initial post?

It's possible to have more than one derby.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Has Andy Kirk lost the plot,letting another good local young lad away to the juniors.When Dom Naglik did play he performed well never let the side downJust hope his replacement is as good or better than him.

The inglis boy looks a player 

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Has Andy Kirk lost the plot,letting another good local young lad away to the juniors.When Dom Naglik did play he performed well never let the side downJust hope his replacement is as good or better than him.

It does him no good sitting rotting on the bench getting no minutes

14 minutes ago, C_titz said:

The inglis boy looks a player 

He certainly is and looked great last night and in the friendly (against Mo)a couple of weeks ago  He is still only 22 despite spending 4 seasons with us. Still has a chance of playing full time and I'm sure he'll score goals for you.

Don’t know if I’m looking forward to todays game.Another full time team will probably mean a defensive formation again ,worrying that we haven’t scored a goal yet in the games maybe if Kirk attacked a bit more we would but of course we have a very defensive squad feel sorry for McGrath having to rely on only him to score the goals and when he has an off day we are fucked just like the last 2 games have shown.McGrath is useless against bigger stronger teams.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Don’t know if I’m looking forward to todays game.Another full time team will probably mean a defensive formation again ,worrying that we haven’t scored a goal yet in the games maybe if Kirk attacked a bit more we would but of course we have a very defensive squad feel sorry for McGrath having to rely on only him to score the goals and when he has an off day we are fucked just like the last 2 games have shown.McGrath is useless against bigger stronger teams.

I always look forward to every City game and today is no different. I agree with you that we are short on experience up front but it's not for the want of trying to get more experienced strikers in. Unfortunately, we don't have the funds that are required to "persuade" strikers to join and put up with all the traveling and late nights home to their families.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Simple solution, don't go if it depresses you so much. 

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

I’m looking forward to the game and hope we go with the 4-3-3 formation that played the second half on Tuesday with Grady benefiting from having Scott and Loudon playing either side of him. Todays game should be another one to give new partnerships and players the chance to gel ahead of the league starting next week.