The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Who was your trialist (CB #20) on the weekend? 

Looking forward to our visit to Glebe next week.

Screenshot_2023-07-10-13-10-56-94_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Was trying to work that one out myself I'm sure I've seen him somewhere before. Yeah will be good to have some league sides back at the glebe 

19 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Was trying to work that one out myself I'm sure I've seen him somewhere before. Yeah will be good to have some league sides back at the glebe 

Likewise. I'd age him about 32 or even slightly older. Very distinctive tattoo. Supposedly played like an experienced pro so fairly certain he's played at a decent level in the past.

We need a trialist thread on P&B for this time of the year. So many members on here that there would be a great chance an uploaded photo would have a name next to it pretty quick.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

39 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Likewise. I'd age him about 32 or even slightly older. Very distinctive tattoo. Supposedly played like an experienced pro so fairly certain he's played at a decent level in the past.

We need a trialist thread on P&B for this time of the year. So many members on here that there would be a great chance an uploaded photo would have a name next to it pretty quick.

It's certainly an unusual one......

Spoiler

licensed-image.thumb.jpg.58ddffb4684103277b359098f72a347e.jpg

10 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

No doubt it still won't be good enough for Mr Diehard. Thought crookie was brillant when he came on kirky would be stupid not to sign him up 

Wouldn’t read too much into the game at the weekend , more of a village kick about.I think the opposition that Buckie have faced is that bit better than Brechin Vics.Bit concerning that Mr Kirk hasn’t went for big strong fit men seeing as we were bullied against Spartans in the playoffs.Think our time was last season but really it was a failure as we didn’t achieve what was said at the beginning of the season.Buckie will be the strong favourites this season.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's not a bad idea 

19 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Who was your trialist (CB #20) on the weekend? 

Looking forward to our visit to Glebe next week.

Screenshot_2023-07-10-13-10-56-94_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Looks like Callum Morris, ex Dunfermline and Ross County.

12 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Looks like Callum Morris, ex Dunfermline and Ross County.

Thank f**k someone answered this, was doing my nut in trying to figure it out to the point that I was going through Scottish defenders to play in the last 10 years on Transfermarkt, of course he’s English/Irish 

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Morris was an absolutely fantastic defender for us a few years ago, I think he effectively retired through injury? However if he's anywhere near back fit he'd stroll it, was a big fan. 

We also have Lewis Martin and Kevin McHattie in our ranks who have both been blighted by injuries over the years. Reverting to part-time may be the answer for him and I hope he signs for us.   

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Morris was an absolutely fantastic defender for us a few years ago, I think he effectively retired through injury? However if he's anywhere near back fit he'd stroll it, was a big fan. 

He’s not going to sign. He’s going to retire. Just spoken to him 

Edited by Edzellcityfan
Additional info

19 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

To be honest I don't think we need another defender anyway. Hoping the trailist striker and Dominic get signed 

I would sign Cruickshank too - he has done enough to earn a new deal. Not sure that Dominik has though and he has not featured much in the last 2 games

47 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Hi folks, what's the best bet for parking for tomorrow's game? Usually plenty spaces at the ground or some supermarket/street I should be aiming for instead?

Cheers!

Parking spaces are few and far between these days at the Glebe unless you are there an hour before the game. The best bet is the Co-op car park about a hundred yards down from the ground but again you'll have to arrive fairly early. 

3 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I would sign Cruickshank too - he has done enough to earn a new deal. Not sure that Dominik has though and he has not featured much in the last 2 games

Oh yeah forgot to mention crookie he was brillant the 2 games I seen him play in pre season