The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Very defensive line up today and it shows bloody shocking no shots on goal when we have a 30 goal forward playing.Come on Kirk go for it in the second half.

So you want us to play an attacking line up against a premiership side?  

57 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

So you want us to play an attacking line up against a premiership side?  

Why not we have nothing to lose,same as last season always blaming the ref when we get beat,if we cut out the stupid mistakes that would make a difference.

Early days but Kieran Inglis has been really good so far for us lads so look forward to pinching Marc Scott and Grady McGrath next year too.

hopefully you've got them started on some bridies in preparation 👍

Edited by ScottishLoon

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Early days but Kieran Inglis has been really good so far for us lads so look forward to pinching Marc Scott and Grady McGrath next year too.

Only if we don’t get through the playoffs again,which is a strong possibility again.

6 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Only if we don’t get through the playoffs again,which is a strong possibility again.

Looking like it'll be even more competitive this year and especially in the lowland league where money's being flung.

In all seriousness I think I speak for most sensible fans of the other 3 Angus clubs when I say we're desperate to have you back in the spfl, having no Angus derbies in the league for over two years has been very weird.

There's Nothing quite like the Forfar Vs Brechin derby it always feels different to the other two for me.

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Not sure that Marc would start before Craig Thomson who is outstanding at right midfield. I think you have a decent chance of getting promoted with the squad you have. It's great to see Kingles doing well though.

35 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Wtf is Kirk playing at letting Northcot go,another player he under used last season,Jeanfield have got a very good player.

Think he's from Perth so I'm assuming that's why.

Edited by ScottishLoon

53 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Think he's from Perth so I'm assuming that's why.

If a player wants to leave (which he did)to be a first choice somewhere else then it makes no sense to keep him. He is indeed from Perth so it's an excellent move for the young lad.

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Looking like it'll be even more competitive this year and especially in the lowland league where money's being flung.

In all seriousness I think I speak for most sensible fans of the other 3 Angus clubs when I say we're desperate to have you back in the spfl, having no Angus derbies in the league for over two years has been very weird.

There's Nothing quite like the Forfar Vs Brechin derby it always feels different to the other two for me.

How would most sensible fans say that? I couldn’t care less about Brechin or Forfar they are just other clubs to me in the same way Shire, Kelty or Albion Rovers are

Don’t like Montrose though and I actively hope they are shite and do badly

Edited by 1320Lichtie

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How would most sensible fans say that? I couldn’t care less about Brechin or Forfar they are just other clubs to me in the same way Shire, Kelty or Albion Rovers are

Aye ok, you cared enough to read this and then post about how much you don’t care.  Enjoy your season, I’ll be actively hoping you get relegated though.

Question, given the new SPFL licensing laws, what does this mean for Brechin?  Are they getting bronze this season?

ETA, I've never really seen Brechin and Forfar as "proper" derbies either.  I always saw Arbroath - Montrose as one derby, and Brechin - Forfar as the other one.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You won't be bringing a larger than average away support to station park next Tuesday in that case? Or  has every other time that you've come been a coincidence. Stop talking rubbish.

Edited by ScottishLoon

42 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Question, given the new SPFL licensing laws, what does this mean for Brechin?  Are they getting bronze this season?

ETA, I've never really seen Brechin and Forfar as "proper" derbies either.  I always saw Arbroath - Montrose as one derby, and Brechin - Forfar as the other one.

I'm sorry I forgot it's the Dundee teams who are your main rivals now...

Come on eh your recent success doesn't mean you start rewriting history.