The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is it not because you can’t have one champion playing an extra 30 minutes at their ground more than the other champion? Wouldn’t be fair surely? They’ve both finished 1st. The other playoffs yes because one team has finished above the other so get home advantage in the second leg and extra time if required. 

2014-15 SF went to ET.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

2014-15 SF went to ET.

Fuck knows then. Unless both clubs just agreed to go straight to penalties.

I expect Albion Rovers would have spanked either team anyway, they're no Brechin or Cowdenbeath when they came down, ended up with 39 points and a GD of -1.

Edited by welshbairn

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I expect Albion Rovers would have spanked either team anyway, they're no Brechin or Cowdenbeath when they came down, ended up with 39 points and a GD of -1.

Well according to you that will be that then.

Even though Spartans won the lowland league championship against some cracking teams such as Tranents j's, Srirling uni, East Kilbride and unfortunetely the old firm bs.Then dispatched the fancied highland league champ Brechin who clearly are sitting way below the level of club they are.

Let north Edinburgh get behind the Spartans for this match.

Edited by Sparticus

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Well according to you that will be that then.

Even though Spartans won the lowland league championship against some cracking teams such as Tranents j's, Srirling uni, East Kilbride and unfortunetely the old firm bs.Then dispatched the fancied highland league champ Brechin who clearly are sitting way below the level of club they are.

Let north Edinburgh get behind the Spartans for this match.

I've heard visiting Ainslie Park is like watching the Midwich Cuckoos, they'd hardly liven up SPFL2.

midwich-2.jpg

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The same Albion Rovers who lost to Stirling Uni in the Scottish, that Albion Rovers??

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The same Albion Rovers who lost to Stirling Uni in the Scottish, that Albion Rovers??

Still think they will be too good for Spartans.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Aye, the same ones who beat their neighbours and League 2 Champions 2-0 today.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, the same ones who beat their neighbours and League 2 Champions 2-0 today.

The league champions were on holiday bud, do you really think they gave a toss today??

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've heard visiting Ainslie Park is like watching the Midwich Cuckoos, they'd hardly liven up SPFL2.

midwich-2.jpg

That's the Spartan's young team from behind the goals.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The league champions were on holiday bud, do you really think they gave a toss today??

I would confidently say that Spartans are the poorest champions in terms of quality in recent years.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Will be an interesting tussle, Rovers will have a fair bit of pressure on them.

Pressure on both sides. I still think Rovers will have their shooting boots on, so to speak, in one of the games and hit 3 or 4.

Just now, PELE said:

Pressure on both sides. I still think Rovers will have their shooting boots on, so to speak, in one of the games and hit 3 or 4.

More so Rovers, they could potentially be playing for the future of the club as they know it. I think it will be closer than that.

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

I would confidently say that Spartans are the poorest champions in terms of quality in recent years.

I think that’s a bit unfair, they have beaten some quality sides in the LL this season, and have proven really difficult to beat.

God this is why I feckin love this game.

Virtually nae c**t gave The Spartans a chance against The Persians from the East (Highlands).

But unlike Leonidas the modern Spartans prevailed in the modern gladiatorial version of sudden death.

Now all the historians are predicting they will fall to the marauding Rovers from the Buckie Triangle.

All will reveal itself before Maius has ended her Spring.

Edited by HorseyGhirl