Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

37 minutes ago, Braveheart72 said:

To be fair , the committee were trying to interfere with the running of the team as well as training schedules etc. Also despite there supposedly being a big budget for players the management had hhehaw provided to them... Q when was the last time they paid a transfer fee for a player... Also at next AGM ask how much the Small rain shelter cost ?

Were they really? I’m sure you will be able to provide proof of course. 

Imagine lowering yourself to having a pop at a disabled shelter. As you are a smart man you will know that to hold a SFA Licence a suitable disabled shelter is MANDATORY. And you will also know those costs, along with the funding from the Scottish Football Partnership, were discussed at the AGM before last. 

Wind and pish I believe this is called. [emoji23]

To be fair , the committee were trying to interfere with the running of the team as well as training schedules etc. Also despite there supposedly being a big budget for players the management had hhehaw provided to them... Q when was the last time they paid a transfer fee for a player... Also at next AGM ask how much the Small rain shelter cost ?

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Who ever comes in though will have the same players I'm not sure what their committee think is going to be a whole lot different with a different manager

When Braddo came in the Rose were staring relegation in the face, they were almost certain to go down, but the change of manager then turned the same team around.

Why do you think a new management team won't make a whole lot of difference? 

Anyone who's followed football at any level knows that a new manager with fresh vision and insight will motivate players, bring a paradigm shift, not carry the personal baggage of sticking with players who maybe need dropped, jaded players want to impress the new guy etc. etc. This is the received wisdom across football and it's been demonstrated over and over again. Granted it doesn't always last... 

I'm new to P&B, there's some right pish spouted here though 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, G4Mac said:

To be honest, the running budget is no one else's business barring the clubs management and committee.

I don't agree with that. I don't need to know pounds and pence, but I think it's pretty reasonable that fans know what they are able to expect from the team they support. If a manager has more resources than others around him and the team aren't doing so well, then that reflects badly on the manager. If they're over-performing, it reflects well on the manager. If Linlithgow Rose had, say, twice as much to spend on players as anyone else in the league then it would be fair enough to expect better results than we're getting this season. I'm sure that's not the case but it's the kind of thing fans are entitled to know.

I couldn't make the AGM because of work, maybe budgets were discussed then.

Lots of people claim to know how much cash clubs have, how much players get, but I've never known if they were bullshitting, or if they really knew, and if they did, how they knew. Clearly some here have been on committees before, so I presume they speak from experience.

4 hours ago, Katie's Weary said:

When Braddo came in the Rose were staring relegation in the face, they were almost certain to go down, but the change of manager then turned the same team around.

Anyone who's followed football at any level knows that a new manager with fresh vision and insight will motivate players, bring a paradigm shift, not carry the personal baggage of sticking with players who maybe need dropped, jaded players want to impress the new guy etc. etc. This is the received wisdom across football and it's been demonstrated over and over again. Granted it doesn't always last... 

When Bradley came in Rose were in serious trouble but IIRC we weren't actually in a relegation spot at the time. We won three or four games to get into mid table. The effect he had the following season was more through signing a load of players and clearing out the deadwood.

A new manager might have a galvanising effect, but I wouldn't describe us as a struggling team at the moment. IMO we're not in need of some boot-up-the-backside thing, and we've been scoring goals for fun. If someone can come in and get the centre halves to communicate and organise then great, that'll make a big difference. I just don't really know how likely it is we'll get someone who can do that. McGlynn had been at Bonnyrigg before coming to us and he was shite, so it's always a risk when you change manager. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I don't agree with that. I don't need to know pounds and pence, but I think it's pretty reasonable that fans know what they are able to expect from the team they support. If a manager has more resources than others around him and the team aren't doing so well, then that reflects badly on the manager. If they're over-performing, it reflects well on the manager. If Linlithgow Rose had, say, twice as much to spend on players as anyone else in the league then it would be fair enough to expect better results than we're getting this season. I'm sure that's not the case but it's the kind of thing fans are entitled to know.

I couldn't make the AGM because of work, maybe budgets were discussed then.

Lots of people claim to know how much cash clubs have, how much players get, but I've never known if they were bullshitting, or if they really knew, and if they did, how they knew. Clearly some here have been on committees before, so I presume they speak from experience.

Clubs agm s should show the accounts.

The players budget would or should probably be there. 

I'm sure if you were really that interested in the clubs accounts any member of the committee could've supplied you this,along wi the rest of the items on the clubs agenda at the time of the agm.

Am I interested in all things Linlithgow Rose,not in the slightest but if I really wanted to know their business I'm sure there are ways and means to go about it without having a moan on here ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

7 hours ago, Katie's Weary said:

Bo’ness were stuck in a rut last season but new manager came in changed things and had a great run till the end of the season. Bringing Bradley back was not the master stroke they hoped for, a new face was required.

Your last sentence is surely a reference to the triumvirate , Auld Heid, Specky & Lithgierose a fine bunch of fellows who pollute the planet with their greenhouse gas.😝

What were the committer doing to interfere with the running of the team - be specific !.

They were only involved in training when trying to find a suitable venue. Be specific if you think they were doing anything else.

I guess you dont know how the disabled shelter was originally funded.

8 hours ago, Katie's Weary said:

NEW to P&B and here was me thinking it was just another NEW Profile.  We have quite a few with more than one alias, who appear at such times

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

What were the committer doing to interfere with the running of the team - be specific !.

They were only involved in training when trying to find a suitable venue. Be specific if you think they were doing anything else.

I guess you dont know how the disabled shelter was originally funded.

Fuzzy, you expecting people to make any attempt to find out any facts before making an ill judged comment. The Rose have made the ground fit for purpose based on what the future may hold.

9 hours ago, Katie's Weary said:

They've only lost 2 games. Realistically wouldnt get much better. Yes what your talking about is short term look at ole gunner solskjaer at man utd

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They've only lost 2 games. Realistically wouldnt get much better. Yes what your talking about is short term look at ole gunner solskjaer at man utd

I see what you did there, introducing Man Utd into this thread. Once a giant in their league, then a sleeping giant, but now just one of the pack! 

Linlithgow used to be the one team others feared. Now, any team can take them on depending on the match itself.

Yes; if Linlithgow beat Musselburgh on Saturday, they’d be sitting at the top of the league this morning. Yet Musselburgh convincingly beat them, with only 10 fit players in our squad able to play and with 2 Under 20s on the bench. So Linlithgow can’t even use missing players as an excuse. 

I thought getting rid of the management team shameful after the match, particularly as it looks like an impromptu committee meeting after the match decide Mark and Paul’s fate. Like it or not, Linlithgow are no longer giants of our football league. All connected with the team should start taking smaller steps, in the interim, until they can confidently make claim to that mantle again.

5 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

That'll do nicely as the pre match talk for the rest of the season. Cheers!

Don’t talk cr@p. Time to get down off your high horse. Why do your team or any other team for that matter need a post like that for players to do better? Really not sure that Mark and Paul were responsible for Saturday’s inept performance. 

You'll be out of contention for the league by Christmas never mind February.

Better teams in the league than the Rose, said at the start of the season you'd struggle to finish top half and don't see any change in that at this point of the season.

12 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Oh we haven't been on our high horse for quite some time. But write us off at your peril.

This is going to be a tight league, and imo February is the month that wins or loses it. Some huge games in there.

Saturday is in the past, I'm looking forward.

I said in my first post, that had Linlithgow won on Saturday, your team would have been to of the division.

Linlithgow have lost two league matches, against the current league leaders and a team that were 12 places below you, before Saturday’s match.

Linlithgow have won four league matches, against the current bottom 4 teams in the league.

On the basis our our match and the above, there is no way Linlithgow are the best team in league. However, nowhere in my post did I write your team off! 

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Better teams in the league than the Rose, said at the start of the season you'd struggle to finish top half and don't see any change in that at this point of the season.

Bookmarked this !

[emoji23] Imo we will still win the league. We have the best run in with 6 home games to be scheduled at the run in.