FIFA 20

TheGoon

I was stuck in a bit of rut during this WL - only finished on 10 and didn't really enjoy it. Was playing 5-2-2-1 changed to 4-2-3-1 in game but not really having enough scoring chances.

Got sent this video and followed his tactics for a flat 442. Played three rivals games last night and it made a huge difference. Playing Ozil/Raul as a false 9 with 90 Auba running in behind worked really well. I also had Koeman as a CM who always stays back and it allowed KDB to get forward (he had been too defensive in my other games). Also played 6 depth which seemed to improve my defending and I definitely let in less goals.

Felt like I was really enjoying how I play for a change. I always enjoy winning but this just felt completely different.

Unfortunately / fortunately no more fifa for me for a week. 
job has ramped up and throwing overtime at us to work from the house, and can’t knock back the work and money.. 14 hours shifts for a week all week. 
just think of all them packs 🤣

I've been building up bronze player stocks in the club to spend an evening chucking them into upgrades, hoping to be able to complete a few league SBCs with the results, but swithering on when to do it.  Looks like there's actually decent weight on this weeks' TOTS, and I can only imagine it'll tank into the ground for EPL on Friday.

Worked my way through 2 of the 4 offline Swaps objectives over the weekend, as well as getting Toney.  EA had clearly turned the squad battles sliders up to "spiteful", as even World Class difficulty was turning on the cheese.  Had one team go 3-1 up and do that really stodgy sort of play where they let you have the ball fairly easily until you have a chance then shut it down.  Fought back to 3-2, then equalised in the 93rd minute.  Of course they kept it just tight enough through extra-time, and then it was a shootout against the fucking Rain Man Goalkeeper.  It doesn't seem to matter where you put penalties, whether you switch it up at all, or how hard you hit it, the keeper is going the right way and he'll save it.  Shootout ended 2-1 after 7 each.  Brutal.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I've been building up bronze player stocks in the club to spend an evening chucking them into upgrades, hoping to be able to complete a few league SBCs with the results, but swithering on when to do it.  Looks like there's actually decent weight on this weeks' TOTS, and I can only imagine it'll tank into the ground for EPL on Friday.

Worked my way through 2 of the 4 offline Swaps objectives over the weekend, as well as getting Toney.  EA had clearly turned the squad battles sliders up to "spiteful", as even World Class difficulty was turning on the cheese.  Had one team go 3-1 up and do that really stodgy sort of play where they let you have the ball fairly easily until you have a chance then shut it down.  Fought back to 3-2, then equalised in the 93rd minute.  Of course they kept it just tight enough through extra-time, and then it was a shootout against the fucking Rain Man Goalkeeper.  It doesn't seem to matter where you put penalties, whether you switch it up at all, or how hard you hit it, the keeper is going the right way and he'll save it.  Shootout ended 2-1 after 7 each.  Brutal.

If Only you did the glitch when winning 3-1. I’ve actually just been playing the matches and beating the pish Bronze efforts 5-0 to get as much SB points as I can. More so for the coins rewards than anything else. Currently like Elite 3 and haven’t played that many matches. Completed the Championship icon swap, and I’ve got a couple of games left with the German side on Legendary. Win like 5-0 on that and you get like 2800 Sb Points. Even against the bronze squads. I just keep refreshing after I’ve played 2 of them. Although sometimes they’ll mix it up and give you an extra 81/82 rated squad but with like 70 chem. Still bearable on world class.

What tactics have you used? I’ve switched to 442 against the AI. Quite attacking and press on heavy touch. Take the game to them, don’t let them have the ball. But against the bronze squads it shouldn’t matter what team or tactics you play. It’s so easy to score. 

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

If Only you did the glitch when winning 3-1. I’ve actually just been playing the matches and beating the pish Bronze efforts 5-0 to get as much SB points as I can. More so for the coins rewards than anything else. Currently like Elite 3 and haven’t played that many matches. Completed the Championship icon swap, and I’ve got a couple of games left with the German side on Legendary. Win like 5-0 on that and you get like 2800 Sb Points. Even against the bronze squads. I just keep refreshing after I’ve played 2 of them. Although sometimes they’ll mix it up and give you an extra 81/82 rated squad but with like 70 chem. Still bearable on world class.

What tactics have you used? I’ve switched to 442 against the AI. Quite attacking and press on heavy touch. Take the game to them, don’t let them have the ball. But against the bronze squads it shouldn’t matter what team or tactics you play. It’s so easy to score. 

I was losing 3-1, that was me coming back.

I was getting served up teams that were higher rated than I would have liked, usually I do just punt through the weaker ones.   Plus the glitch is temperamental for me.  And even when it does work, feels like such a waste of time to be spending it in the game, but not really playing it.  It's infuriating to be taking part in the big SB AI social experiment, but it's still a better way to spend time than giving EA the participation credit without actually playing.  For me at least.

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

I was losing 3-1, that was me coming back.

I was getting served up teams that were higher rated than I would have liked, usually I do just punt through the weaker ones.   Plus the glitch is temperamental for me.  And even when it does work, feels like such a waste of time to be spending it in the game, but not really playing it.  It's infuriating to be taking part in the big SB AI social experiment, but it's still a better way to spend time than giving EA the participation credit without actually playing.  For me at least.

Ah I read that wrong my bad. Yeah the glitch can be quite boring. I did it for all the friendlies to get that free pack but it wasn’t worth it and really Boring. That’s why I always tend to just get the SB icon swaps done first and get them out the way as soon as possible. 😂

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Ah I read that wrong my bad. Yeah the glitch can be quite boring. I did it for all the friendlies to get that free pack but it wasn’t worth it and really Boring. That’s why I always tend to just get the SB icon swaps done first and get them out the way as soon as possible. 😂

Oh aye, friendlies I scummed that immediately, f**k that.  Also did it on beginner's squad battles for some objective that I can't remember exactly a week or so ago.  But if it's Icon Swaps, using a team that I wouldn't usually use, I don't mind battering through them.  Especially when if you can get EA on a less spiteful day, you can get some pretty good SB points by playing "properly", or at least have a somewhat enjoyable game.  It's rare though, because squad battles is often fucking miserable.

2 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Has anyone used Thomas Partey 87?  Are looks good. Or any other CM for a Spanish squad?

sold Isco and Totw Tadic so have 80k for CM. 

I used his 86 when I had his Red Inform and he was very good, subbed him on every game. Can only imagine his 87 is even better. 

9 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Ground my way through the Laporte objective. That was not fun at all.

Fair play to you and anyone else doing those objectives in rivals. I’d lose my mind. Icon swaps can be bad enough and that’s just simply to win FFS. 😂

22 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Fair play to you and anyone else doing those objectives in rivals. I’d lose my mind. Icon swaps can be bad enough and that’s just simply to win FFS. 😂

I combined the Thuram objectives with Ligue 1 and Bundesliga Swaps so they didn't seem so bad. The EPL crosses for Laporte was torture though.

Gives me some more SBC fodder for when the real leagues begin.

53 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Ground my way through the Laporte objective. That was not fun at all.

Anything involving goals from outside the box has me near tears. I don't think I'll have the time for that one unfortunately. Focusing on Thuram initially and then see how I do on Toney.

Only had the PS4 a few weeks and only been looking at Ultimate Team for a couple of weeks but really enjoying it. First FIFA for me since 2012 so maybe that's why I don't find it frustrating or as repetitive as some other people do.

I've been trying to combine the player objectives with Icon swaps.

My best (most lucky) example  was probably using a team with all first owner players (9 premier league) with Diego Costa upfront. I managed to score with him from out side the box then brought on Aouar and Ikone and managed to get goals and assists with French players.