Euro 2020 tickets

The SFA better dish these out based on points in the event fans can attend.

I am a bit gutted i gave up my membership. I had 9 points at one point but gave it up when kids came along and the home games moved to random nights of the week.

Ive already booked a flight to london though and will watch it in my mates flat

Just now, accies1874 said:
3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
The SFA better dish these out based on points in the event fans can attend.

There's nothing else they can do. Surely it will just be like an away game allocation?

It should be yeah. Think I'm in the top 1,500 or so.

Have UEFA set a deadline for when they’ll decide to proceed with the current plan or if they are going to change to a single country (e.g. Russia)?

The current scenario with fans traveling en masse from country to country throughout Europe seems so unlikely just now, so I wonder how long they’d leave it between sticking with the plan and hoping for the best, changing to a single country, or going with behind closed doors.

If Scotland qualify for R16 as the best of group D/E/F third placed teams, I've got a ticket, flight and hotel booked for Budapest! Possible route to QF in Munich too where I've a ticket and hotel sorted. I'm a bit confused by what happens to the 3rd placed teams though, there seem to be multiple possibilities.

fri1.thumb.JPG.231287dfc7fb6d87687221b193b7242d.JPG

fri2.thumb.JPG.d905dd43a64fd6001b3e2b8787912673.JPG

45 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Pretty sure my brother has changed his passport since I ordered our tickets, that's no doubt going to be a pain in the arse

I've heard of other people just sending them an email to sort it.

56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Have UEFA set a deadline for when they’ll decide to proceed with the current plan or if they are going to change to a single country (e.g. Russia)?

The current scenario with fans traveling en masse from country to country throughout Europe seems so unlikely just now, so I wonder how long they’d leave it between sticking with the plan and hoping for the best, changing to a single country, or going with behind closed doors.

All you can expect in these times is that they'll stick with the plan until they don't, and make sure your travel and accommodation is refundable. Hopefully they'll have close to instant covid testing by then so it can go ahead as planned. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If Scotland qualify for R16 as the best of group D/E/F third placed teams, I've got a ticket, flight and hotel booked for Budapest! Possible route to QF in Munich too where I've a ticket and hotel sorted. I'm a bit confused by what happens to the 3rd placed teams though, there seem to be multiple possibilities.

fri1.thumb.JPG.231287dfc7fb6d87687221b193b7242d.JPG

fri2.thumb.JPG.d905dd43a64fd6001b3e2b8787912673.JPG

It all depends on which groups the 3rd place teams get through from, there are permutations to cover all possibilities, so our last 16 opponents could be any of the 3 group winners above (Belgium in Spain, Spain in Glasgow, Netherlands in Hungary?), but we wouldn't know exactly who until the groups are completed. Pretty stinking if we are able to travel to these games and try and get tickets etc.

Third-placed teams
qualify from groups
  1B
vs
1C
vs
1E
vs
1F
vs
A B C D     3A 3D 3B 3C
A B C   E   3A 3E 3B 3C
A B C     F 3A 3F 3B 3C
A B   D E   3D 3E 3A 3B
A B   D   F 3D 3F 3A 3B
A B     E F 3E 3F 3B 3A
A   C D E   3E 3D 3C 3A
A   C D   F 3F 3D 3C 3A
A   C   E F 3E 3F 3C 3A
A     D E F 3E 3F 3D 3A
  B C D E   3E 3D 3B 3C
  B C D   F 3F 3D 3C 3B
  B C   E F 3F 3E 3C 3B
  B   D E F 3F 3E 3D 3B
    C D E F 3F 3E 3D 3C

5 minutes ago, ScottMc77 said:
Third-placed teams
qualify from groups
  1B
vs
1C
vs
1E
vs
1F
vs
A B C D     3A 3D 3B 3C
A B C   E   3A 3E 3B 3C
A B C     F 3A 3F 3B 3C
A B   D E   3D 3E 3A 3B
A B   D   F 3D 3F 3A 3B
A B     E F 3E 3F 3B 3A
A   C D E   3E 3D 3C 3A
A   C D   F 3F 3D 3C 3A
A   C   E F 3E 3F 3C 3A
A     D E F 3E 3F 3D 3A
  B C D E   3E 3D 3B 3C
  B C D   F 3F 3D 3C 3B
  B C   E F 3F 3E 3C 3B
  B   D E F 3F 3E 3D 3B
    C D E F 3F 3E 3D 3C

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is where you start to wonder if the tournament is going to be rejigged in some way: there has already been reports in continental press of UEFA looking to move whole lot to Russia.

Certain of the groups are within or between neighbouring countries... London + Glasgow in UK; Munich + Budapest; and to a lesser extent Dublin + Bilbao. However the others are Rome + Baku; Copenhagen + St Petersburg; Amsterdam + Bucharest.

Group games finish on June 23rd and only then do you know who is playing where 3 to 6 days later all across 8 different cities (aforementioned bar St Petersburg, Munich, Baku, Rome: they all host QFs then SFs/Final in London).

Certainly if we're talking in terms of spectators: will the continent be in a place in 7 months to have 10s and 100s of thousands of people cutting about left right 'n centre at that sort of frequency, but perhaps just as importanly at that sort of short notice?

Time'll tell.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

This is where you start to wonder if the tournament is going to be rejigged in some way: there has already been reports in continental press of UEFA looking to move whole lot to Russia.

Certain of the groups are within or between neighbouring countries... London + Glasgow in UK; Munich + Budapest; and to a lesser extent Dublin + Bilbao. However the others are Rome + Baku; Copenhagen + St Petersburg; Amsterdam + Bucharest.

Group games finish on June 23rd and only then do you know who is playing where 3 to 6 days later all across 8 different cities (aforementioned bar St Petersburg, Munich, Baku, Rome: they all host QFs then SFs/Final in London).

Certainly if we're talking in terms of spectators: will the continent be in a place in 7 months to have 10s and 100s of thousands of people cutting about left right 'n centre at that sort of frequency, but perhaps just as importanly at that sort of short notice?

Time'll tell.

This was really my point. I can’t see them possibly taking the chance and just hoping it’ll be fine as is, because it would be some turnaround from where we are/have been for 9 months to be mixing with hundreds of thousands of others in full stadiums across multiple cities in Europe. I just can’t see it.

For me it’s either got to be moved to one country where it should in theory be easier to control, or be behind closed doors, regardless of whether there is a vaccine or not. I think people are being very optimistic in thinking a vaccine will be rolled out globally and work well enough to revert the planet back to normal in just 7 months. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This was really my point. I can’t see them possibly taking the chance and just hoping it’ll be fine as is, because it would be some turnaround from where we are/have been for 9 months to be mixing with hundreds of thousands of others in full stadiums across multiple cities in Europe. I just can’t see it.

For me it’s either got to be moved to one country where it should in theory be easier to control, or be behind closed doors, regardless of whether there is a vaccine or not. I think people are being very optimistic in thinking a vaccine will be rolled out globally and work well enough to revert the planet back to normal in just 7 months. 

Well taking an example from Group A...

Switzerland start in Azerbaijan, then 4 days later are in Italy, then 4 days later back to Azerbaijan.

Win the group means off to UK... runner-up means the Netherlands... but lets assume they qualify amongst best 3rd-place: they don't find out until 4 to 6 days prior whether it means Spain, Romania or UK. If they win this opening knockout tie they're then off to Russia, Germany or revisiting Italy respectively: at 3 or 4 days notice.

Bow out in QF they may have... but it was 5 different countries, out of 11 possibles, in just 21 days.

Looking at 3rd party sellers online for the Wembley game (I know I know) what end are Scotland in and anyone found any decent websites selling tickets online? willing to pay through the nose for this.

And could some explain the category 1, 2 and 3 tickets I presume these are intended for neutrals?

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Looking at 3rd party sellers online for the Wembley game (I know I know) what end are Scotland in and anyone found any decent websites selling tickets online? willing to pay through the nose for this.

I'd be well wary given that the tickets haven't been issued, many haven't yet been sold and they're supposed to be non-transferable. Sign up with UEFA and be ready to jump when sales go online. Category 1 are most expensive, Category 3 are behind the goals. I would think that would apply to tickets sold through the FA's and neutrals buying direct.

Edited by welshbairn