Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:
3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
They really were not

Her left foot is on the line, I thought the new rule was that one had to be?

She jumped off her line forward and into the air. It's clear in the shot from behind the goal... As soon as she lacks a foot on the line, and has gone forward of it, you're now in retake territory.

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:

People sticking up for 'the rules' who just want to use it as an excuse to have a go at Scotland maybe want to explain how 'the rule' that states VAR is to be used for a clear and obvious error took 7 different people with 20 different camera angles 5 minutes to make a decision

I do agree with that but it shouldn't have taken 7 people 5 minutes, you can't legislate for incompetence.

Goalies will have to stand in the net now.
Shite for the women that they put new rules in for the WC.

Stand in the net, blindfolded with their hands behind their back for all the good they can do do now. Can’t have them saving too much can we?

She was about two inches off the line when the ball was struck.
Surely the rule isn't meant to lead to goalies standing behind the line or having to dive straight down to the side.

The rule actually prevents keepers standing behind their line. There seems to be a clear effort to prevent keepers gaining any forward momentum, you know the key element needed to make saves.

Just now, ForzaDundee said:

Anyone defending VAR is a virgin in my eyes.

Literally no one is defending VAR, purely saying it was irrelevant in these circumstances. Still, it seems you’ll be best placed to make such judgements...

See the video here. It is a clear error by the ref and should've been brought back.
https://twitter.com/Reidstopher/status/1141452922343104512

You keep saying this, but VAR isn’t used for that. There are only four distinct situations that it is used for, and it can’t be used for that.

The games fucked. I thought it was a penalty in real time, but if it takes the VAR nearly five minutes then IMO that makes it too close to call therefore you should go with the ref's original decision. Think this search for the holly grail is ruining the game though.

It's not why Scotland are out though. And by the way they didn't bottle it, they SCOTLANDED it.

1 minute ago, ForzaDundee said:

See the video here. It is a clear error by the ref and should've been brought back.

https://twitter.com/Reidstopher/status/1141452922343104512

Thats poor, and is probably on the line with what VAR can, and cannot, get involved in.

Either way, its not an excuse for Scotland failing to qualify out a four team group when one win would've done it.

No one is sticking up for the rules at all. It was a fucking stonewall penalty though - don’t be that guy. 
Then why could 6 of them not make a decision by themselves? I agree it was a penalty but the rules state obvious error. 5 mins to check - not obvious

Just now, killie_lad said:
2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:
No one is sticking up for the rules at all. It was a fucking stonewall penalty though - don’t be that guy. 

Then why could 6 of them not make a decision by themselves? I agree it was a penalty but the rules state obvious error. 5 mins to check - not obvious

Absolute nonsense. It was an obvious error and they made the correct decision. I don’t know what conversations they had but they got the right decision. 

Will VAR be applied during penalty shootouts for this purpose? If so then it seems likely that we'll see a red card for a keeper during a shootout at this tournament, as the keepers clearly either don't understand or haven't fully taken on board the new rule.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

You keep saying this, but VAR isn’t used for that. There are only four distinct situations that it is used for, and it can’t be used for that.

Which is why it's shite. Virgins saying "but VAR got the decision right". It clearly didn't because the correct decision would be the fourth official to bring tell the ref that the sub wasn't completed and bring it back. VAR got it wrong.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

She jumped off her line forward and into the air. It's clear in the shot from behind the goal... As soon as she lacks a foot on the line, and has gone forward of it, you're now in retake territory.

Every penalty saved, will now be retaken until it is scored

It's not possible to move without taking a step forward to propel of the foot

Everyone knew it, it was just one of those unwritten things in the game

22 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

14.3 The goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line when the kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line.

When the kick is taken can't literally mean when the ball is kicked or it would be impossible to save penalties.

Absolute nonsense. It was an obvious error and they made the correct decision. I don’t know what conversations they had but they got the right decision. 
An obvious error that took 7 people 5 mins and 20 camera angles at 0.25 speed and freeze frames to sort out.

Just now, Binos said:

Every penalty saved, will now be retaken until it is scored

It's not possible to move without taking a step forward to propel of the foot

Everyone knew it, it was just one of those unwritten things in the game

If there's a shoot out in this tournament it will never end.

This is sad beyond belief. Most posters are arguing about inches and VAR. We were totally in control , 3-0 up with 15 mins to go. Again I ask about game management and where does that come from. Hello, the manager. Nuff said

2 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Which is why it's shite. Virgins saying "but VAR got the decision right". It clearly didn't because the correct decision would be the fourth official to bring tell the ref that the sub wasn't completed and bring it back. VAR got it wrong.

^ virgin that doesn’t understand the purpose of VAR, imo. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Stand in the net, blindfolded with their hands behind their back for all the good they can do do now. Can’t have them saving too much can we?

The rule actually prevents keepers standing behind their line. There seems to be a clear effort to prevent keepers gaining any forward momentum, you know the key element needed to make saves.

I don't agree, keepers should not be allowed to jump forward before a pen is taken, I really don't think goalies of old jumped forward early like they do nowadays.