Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

Thats poor, and is probably on the line with what VAR can, and cannot, get involved in.
Either way, its not an excuse for Scotland failing to qualify out a four team group when one win would've done it.

It’s terrible refereeing.

VAR can’t do anything about it. Goals, red cards, penalties and mistaken identities. That’s it. That incident isn’t close to being any of those four things.

So then you rely on competent refereeing, which patently wasn’t the case.

But then you also rely on competent management which was also badly missing.

2 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Two teams desperate to score, in order to qualify for the next round, with 3+ minutes remaining on the clock and the idiot b*****d ref stops  the game. 

She should not referee another.

There was prob already going to be between 3-5 mins injury time, always is

Then pen took 9 mins

There should have been at least 12 mins extra played

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:
3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:
Absolute nonsense. It was an obvious error and they made the correct decision. I don’t know what conversations they had but they got the right decision. 

An obvious error that took 7 people 5 mins and 20 camera angles at 0.25 speed and freeze frames to sort out.

Did they get the decision right? Answer yes or no. If your answer is ‘yes’ we can move on.

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Every penalty saved, will now be retaken until it is scored

It's not possible to move without taking a step forward to propel of the foot

Everyone knew it, it was just one of those unwritten things in the game

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

When the kick is taken can't literally mean when the ball is kicked or it would be impossible to save penalties.

I'm not defending it I'm explaining what the rule has been altered to - with support from our own national FA.

They are clearly trying to reduce the ability of a 'keeper to jump "at" the ball: as they can no longer stand behind the line (to get a run up at it) nor jump forward from the line as the ball is struck. They must now keep one foot physically on, or in line, with the whitewash.

Just now, Muzza81 said:

Did they get the decision right? Answer yes or no. If your answer is ‘yes’ we can move on.

Correct decision was retake the free-kick as sub was still on the pitch. The tackle is a red herring.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Stand in the net, blindfolded with their hands behind their back for all the good they can do do now. 

As an aside.

If a defender has his hands behind his back and these hands are struck by a ricocheting ball, are they in a 'natural' position? 

I think not. Hands behind your back while playing football is unnatural. Therefore a penalty kick should be given in such an instance.

The game is fucked.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If there's a shoot out in this tournament it will never end.

I saw a shootout in u20s. Ref made retake any saved pen

You can't lose unless you miss target, which some bloke did

Just now, ForzaDundee said:

So you agree that VAR ended up giving the wrong decision. So the virgins are all wrong.

VAR got the decisions correct. If you can’t understand that and keep screaming about a decision VAR can’t change like a toddler then we will go our separate ways. 

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

As an aside.

If a defender has his hands behind his back and these hands are struck by a ricocheting ball, are they in a 'natural' position? 

I think not. Hands behind your back while playing football is unnatural. Therefore a penalty kick should be given in such an instance.

The game is fucked.

If it ricochets off his own leg and then hits his arm in an un-natural position it's not a penalty though. It's fucked.

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

VAR got the decisions correct. If you can’t understand that and keep screaming about a decision VAR can’t change like a toddler then we will go our separate ways. 

What is the correct decisions - re-take free-kick

What did VAR give - Penalty

So VAR didn't give the correct decision. It's not hard to understand except for virgins who have never even felt the warmth of a women's embrace.

Edited by ForzaDundee

Theres a lot of yer da type stuff flying about here, bit it does appear that should the rules be applied as per this game, ther will be no excuse whatsoever for missing a penalty. Keepers are now handicapped to the point of reliance on luck.

3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I'd say they got it wrong. The defender touched the ball first. Microscopically but first. No penalty.

The surprising thing to me was that it was not in the reverse order. i.e. ref blows for penalty, VAR says no.

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

I'd say they got it wrong. The defender touched the ball first. Microscopically but first. No penalty.

The surprising thing to me was that it was not in the reverse order. i.e. ref blows for penalty, VAR says no.

The smallest amount of contact on the ball does not prevent it being a foul ffs.

Just now, Clyde01 said:

The worst of it was the retake was straight down the middle and the keeper somehow managed to move out of the balls path.

The keeper is so pre-occupied at going against her natural instinct to take a step that it was pretty much guaranteed she wouldn't save it.

You can tell in the movement of her feet at the second penalty that she's a fish out of water by that point. It's like telling someone to write with their weak hand....they can do it but it's horribly awkward and you're not going to do yourself any justice.