Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

At present you have to live as a female for two years, be undergoing hormone replacement therapy and have extensive involvement with medical professionals with supporting documentation.  Under self id all you.have to do is literally say you're female.  It's 10.04pm right now, under self id you could be 'female' by 10.05 just by saying you are.

You can self-id yourself as female right now anyway. You can self-id yourself as anything you want. There's nothing illegal about it.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Wow, Great neutral source you’ve got there m8. Proof if any was needed this isn’t about the dangers of trans using changing rooms at all, its their mere existence that you have issue with.

I semi-regularly go to a school that has these, there is absolutely no issue and perhaps a handful of small benifits.

In fact the benefits are probably higher on a schools agenda than trans rights. Cubicles that open onto an open plan space with sinks in front of them, bound to massively reduce incidences of skiving smoking and bullying in toilets as well as having every toilet available open to all, boys, girls, trans, staff etc. The only shared space is one that we all use all day everyday anyway.

Proof?  What about the guardian?  The spectator?  Feminist groups?. I quoted them all

53 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

11 pages of fucking shit, about nothing.

Start a thread about foodbanks, 5 posts. Start a thread about education standards, 10 posts. Start a thread about homelessness, maybe a page. 

Start a thread about homosexuality, bi-sexuality or something similar, 11 fucking pages.

Welcome to 2019 in Scotland. 

BS, none of those are subjects where there's much disagreement.  Suggest perhaps allowing men into female only spaces isn't automatically a great idea in every case and you're a mad bigot.  Welcome to the world in 2019, that's the issue.

Guest Bob Mahelp
29 minutes ago, Kuro said:

BS, none of those are subjects where there's much disagreement.  Suggest perhaps allowing men into female only spaces isn't automatically a great idea in every case and you're a mad bigot.  Welcome to the world in 2019, that's the issue.

Why do you, or anyone else on here, actually give a f**k ?

I'll guarantee that it's had no negative effect on your life, or anybody elses life on this board ......yet you feel that you have you have to comment negatively on it.

That's where we are these days. Because it's 'different', people hate it.

If we had a thread where people could only have a post if it had a direct effect on them, this subject would be less than 1 page and would disappear within hours.

40 minutes ago, Kuro said:

At present you have to live as a female for two years, be undergoing hormone replacement therapy and have extensive involvement with medical professionals with supporting documentation.  Under self id all you.have to do is literally say you're female.  It's 10.04pm right now, under self id you could be 'female' by 10.05 just by saying you are.

One minute to get a new Birth Certificate at 10.04 pm. Impressive. Ireland's had a self id procedure since 2015. Haven't heard any tales of women having to barricade toilet doors yet.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The actual state of this.

IMG_20190615_184119.jpg.9a62199925783d82607377a7b64647bc.jpg

Comes across like he was wanking as he typed that. wiggo.png

Anyway, a few of my female pals are full on into the whole TERF thing, but I struggle to give any real toss tbh. If they're going to concentrate on that ahead of wiping out the surge of Farage and co first, then they'll soon be living in an Aldi version of the Handmaid's Tale and it'll all be rather fucking irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Comes across like he was wanking as he typed that. wiggo.png

Anyway, a few of my female pals are full on into the whole TERF thing, but I struggle to give any real toss tbh. If they're going to concentrate on that ahead of wiping out the surge of Farage and co first, then they'll soon be living in an Aldi version of the Handmaid's Tale and it'll all be rather fucking irrelevant.

Have any of them actually met or heard of outside twitter a straight man pretending to be a woman so he can sneak into a women's changing room or toilet? Asking for a friend keeping low.

Edited by welshbairn

33 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Why do you, or anyone else on here, actually give a f**k ?

I'll guarantee that it's had no negative effect on your life, or anybody elses life on this board ......yet you feel that you have you have to comment negatively on it.

That's where we are these days. Because it's 'different', people hate it.

If we had a thread where people could only have a post if it had a direct effect on them, this subject would be less than 1 page and would disappear within hours.

Utter bullshit.  Have you ever been murdered?  I assume you still think murder is wrong?

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

One minute to get a new Birth Certificate at 10.04 pm. Impressive. Ireland's had a self id procedure since 2015. Haven't heard any tales of women having to barricade toilet doors yet.

Birth certificate is just part of it, you don't need a birth certificate to self.id.

Don't care if it's popular or not.

It's what is right that matters.

I think some women's spaces should be protected and i don't actually think unisex toilets are progressive.

We should make things easier for a genuinely marginalised groups- transsexuals etc. I don't fear them. But erasing women and men's toilets is not good imo . Different but related points.

So in summary

Yes to transsexuals in women's toilets . Such a small number why does it matter.

Keep sex segregated toilets as the norm

I think the heat Mcalpine and cherry have had has been out of order though. Mostly legit questions.

The only reason most people are going along with it is because it's easier to agree amd think it is correct when it's such a tiny and clearly marginalised group. If it was a larger group i reckon more people would see the issues with self id.

Nobody wants to go against a group so obviously with the world against them. It doesn't mean on a objective basis self Id actually makes sense. But easier to just accept for the greater good on this quantative basis.

This is a fine example of a topic thats almost off limits for any sort of debate due to the polarised nature of politics these days. Even as someone who can generally do a decent job of devils advocating, I probably feel loathe discuss this issue with anyone, even on here where the thread seems to be pulling mostly in the same direction as my thoughts do.

I do have concerns about the tide of gender politics that I have posted on here before. The long and short of it is that I dont believe its a battle for this current time. I believe its indiciative of the short attention span of people today where they blow through various social media driven causes, lifting and laying them once they think they job is done leaving half jobs everywhere. I dont think enough has yet been done in a societal/social sense for the acceptance of homosexuality for example, but people are desperate to move onto the next thing. I do believe people are born into the wrong body. I do not believe it occurs with the prevalence we are seeing nowadays (trying to choose my words carefully here) and is at least in some proportion of cases, symptomatic of todays need for instant gratification and the need to prove everyone has the right to do whatever they want. I think it risks the dilution of sympathy and goodwill towards those who have suffered all of their days in the wrong body until they were finally able to deal with it. Allowing someone to trivialise their struggles by simply annpuncing they are now x/y is a little bit dangerous.

Finally (and yes I know these things are not intrinsically linked to homosexuality) an intolerance of homosexuality is pretty much total caveman. I dont think you can so easily dismiss concerns of people around gender classification as straight up ignorance. What we are talking about here is totally redefining what most people understand as one of the fundamental building blocks of their being and human evolution in general.

Hope all of this makes sense. In short, I am in no way whatsoever against this law. I just think its a battle that doesnt yet need to be fought, and that it draws focus away from more important ones that I still think society has failed to win.

We'll all look back fondly on the days where we could take a shite in peace without the sound of cock's swinging furiously in all public toilets, I tell you.

Remember when idiots used to call laws they didn't like 'a something's charter'. Dissapointed Wings hasn't called this a pervert's charter tbh.

One thing that has caught my eye here is this wings stuff... Not being a man of social media, I had thought Wings was a pro indy account which was used to debunk media bullshit. Clearly they are up to allsorts now including Helen Lovejoy pant pissing. Whats the deal? 

Was in the Modern (food was unbelievable) in New York in December and they had unisex toilets, which I'll admit I initially found quite odd.  Got to admit it was weird hearing women chat away doing their makeup in the mirrors etc while I was in a cubicle pissing. To my knowledge, I wasn't sexually assaulted by a big hairy woman with a beard and a massive cock. 

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Was in the Modern (food was unbelievable) in New York in December and they had unisex toilets, which I'll admit I initially found quite odd.  Got to admit it was weird hearing women chat away doing their makeup in the mirrors etc while I was in a cubicle pissing. To my knowledge, I wasn't sexually assaulted by a big hairy woman with a beard and a massive cock. 

“To my knowledge”?  

Do you intend to stand for public office in the future and are looking for plausible deniability?