Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Chelsea terminated Barkleys contract but extended Gilmours.

They clearly want to keep him at the club, or loan him out, and appear to have no interest in a permanent sale.

If he was to go on loan, it seems he would have a lot of excellent options on the continent.

He's already at a far higher level for his age than Kante, Jorginho or Modric (along with many others of course).

Tough times for the Gilmour haters.

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Olympiakos linked in the Sun. Not a top 5 league but are playing in the Europa League. Thoughts?

At this stage I'm thinking it's better than nothing. I want him to go somewhere where he isn't in a relegation scrap as he was with Norwich. If he can go somewhere he can develop further by playing in a competitive league with a high standard then even better. 

He clearly isn't in Chelsea's plans so needs to gtfo imo.

Brighton move is close apparently after being told he's not in Tuchel's plans. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and work in a buy-back though.

Really happy about this move but his career's been a rollercoaster already so fingers crossed he's back on track.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Brighton move is close apparently after being told he's not in Tuchel's plans. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and work in a buy-back though.

Really happy about this move but his career's been a rollercoaster already so fingers crossed he's back on track.

Good for him if it happens. I'l look forward to seeing how he gets on. I know little to nothing of Brighton really. Who do they have in midfield? Alexis McAllister? Moises Caicedo?

Good for him if it happens. I'l look forward to seeing how he gets on. I know little to nothing of Brighton really. Who do they have in midfield? Alexis McAllister? Moises Caicedo?
Those two + Gross have played every game, I think. He'd probably be looking to replace Mac Allister but it's Brighton so all very fluid. Caicedo seems like a top midfielder so would be a good partner for him too.

Not many excuses if this doesn't work out.

I still think it could happen. It seems to depend on Chelsea getting in another DM and they are going after Alvarez at Ajax. He apparently refused to train today to try make it happen. Ajax also just said they’ve bought a DM from somewhere as well so I am guessing it might be to replace Alvarez for his move.

Like buying houses I think, we’ll just need to wait and see.

If he stays at Chelsea he will get games. Tuchel a huge fan of him before he went to Norwich, no reason he can't get back in when complete shite like RLC and Barkley got games last season (and the former this season albeit not in midfield).

Gallagher has had an absolute shocker the last two games, don't know when Tuchel will trust him again.

Edited by Satoshi

7 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

If he stays at Chelsea he will get games. Tuchel a huge fan of him before he went to Norwich, no reason he can't get back in when complete shite like RLC and Barkley got games last season (and the former this season albeit not in midfield).

Gallagher has had an absolute shocker the last two games, don't know when Tuchel will trust him again.

😂 Fair play Satoshi, the eternal optimist.

30 minutes ago, Streets of Raith said:

I mean, believe that if you will, but the midfield selection for the last two games suggests completely the contrary and that Gilmour needs to get out of there asap.

They are not likely to play a player who may be leaving within a day or so (very few teams do - look around).

It will be completely different if he stays. And we don't know how he's doing in training.

Given how shocking Gallagher has been for two games in a row, I think it's likely he will get games.

Still hope he leaves.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

They are not likely to play a player who may be leaving within a day or so (very few teams do - look around).

It will be completely different if he stays. And we don't know how he's doing in training.

Given how shocking Gallagher has been for two games in a row, I think it's likely he will get games.

Still hope he leaves.

Gilmour has been frozen out all summer, only injuries even got him a squad number for last match.

The thing is, even if he did stay and was brought back into the squad, the original problem remains - that Tuchel doesn’t trust the youth players, he’d often play experienced players out of position instead. He also hardly rotates the team to any great extent.

Relying on players being injured for a game isn’t great, especially as Jorginho has a very good fitness record and he’s mainly only likely to come in for him. Gilmour would get very little time in all honestly.

39 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Gilmour has been frozen out all summer, only injuries even got him a squad number for last match.

The thing is, even if he did stay and was brought back into the squad, the original problem remains - that Tuchel doesn’t trust the youth players, he’d often play experienced players out of position instead. He also hardly rotates the team to any great extent.

Relying on players being injured for a game isn’t great, especially as Jorginho has a very good fitness record and he’s mainly only likely to come in for him. Gilmour would get very little time in all honestly.

Frozen out because he was likely to leave. As is common.

Tuchel literally played Gilmour two seasons ago and said publicly he wanted him to stay as part of his squad not go on loan.

Chelsea just terminated the contract of a midfielder they don't want. It wasn't Gilmour.

If he stays he will get games. If he goes he will get games. He will be just fine.