Billy Gilmour

Kuro

14 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Yeah including Roy Keane. Tbf though what would he know about a midfielder. Gilmour is world class.

He'll play for Barcelona or Man City etc. He just had a manager who prefers more physicality. And who will be sacked in the not too distant future btw.

A bit misleading that he said in one game he looked world class which was more so about his performance. Which tbh doesn’t really make sense either.

14 hours ago, Lex said:

Rangers would have been a decent loan move for him. Guaranteed starter and group stage champions league football. He certainly won’t ever get the latter at Brighton, not sure he’ll get the former either.
He’s there now though and it’s time for him to establish himself as an EPL level player. I’m sure he will.

You weren't posing it as a good move, you were posing it as an embarrassing climb down because he isn't good enough for the premier League and will have to drop down to a lower level. At the time you posted it Rangers were not in the cl group stages. You got it totally, repeatedly, wrong.

And he absolutely will not be a guaranteed starter at Brighton this season, 15 league appearances is a realistic target.

You think he's 'found his level' just like De Bruyne did at Wolfsburg, Salah at Roma and Cucurella at Brighton...

You weren't so sure he would be an EPL player in your earlier post, glad you concede you got this horribly wrong.

14 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Actually you'll maybe be glad to know I don't have any intention of watching Billy Gilmour this season as I'd previously decided to watch Scott McTominay at club level and what Ten Hag is doing at Manchester United. Gilmour's move to Brighton doesn't change my plans and I don't want to spend time doing both, so I don't have any intentions of following his club career progress more than any other Scotland player.

Happy to agree to disagree, move on and all the best to Billy for the upcoming Premier League season with Brighton and all the best to you Satoshi - was good debating you in this thread.

Sadly a false dawn as you have kept posting afterwards, but yeah it would be terrific if you stop posting on this thread.

You don't seem to have a personal dislike of McTominay so maybe better to watch every minute of players you don't hate in future. Can't be good for you.

Sadly a false dawn as you have kept posting afterwards, but yeah it would be terrific if you stop posting on this thread.
You don't seem to have a personal dislike of McTominay so maybe better to watch every minute of players you don't hate in future. Can't be good for you.

Where to start with this guff🤣
Some meltdown.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Where to start with this guff🤣
Some meltdown.

Fair play to keep coming back after repeatedly getting something wrong.

Most people would be far too embarrassed about those quotes.

Thankfully, and unsurprisingly, your assessment about Gilmours prospects following the Norwich loan were well off the mark.

A good move for him, and glad it's permanent.

He can hopefully now establish himself as player at EPL level, but that won't be easy.

However, the excitable wee twits (and there were several) who swore he was World Class and would be running the show for a European giant very soon, should feel as foolish as they look.

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A good move for him, and glad it's permanent.

He can hopefully now establish himself as player at EPL level, but that won't be easy.

However, the excitable wee twits (and there were several) who swore he was World Class and would be running the show for a European giant very soon, should feel as foolish as they look.

He has just turned 21 years old - there is still every chance that can happen. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He has just turned 21 years old - there is still every chance that can happen. 

There's not "every chance" at all.

It's possible of course, but not looking especially likely.  The frenzied excitement displayed by some on here was way OTT, and based on scant evidence.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

There's not "every chance" at all.

It's possible of course, but not looking especially likely.  The frenzied excitement displayed by some on here was way OTT, and based on scant evidence.

It was based on him running the show in numerous games for Scotland at the age of 19.

He has moved to a top half Premiership team - where if he develops there is certainly every chance he builds on his potential. 

Your absolute desperation to tell everyone that he won’t be world class, at the age of 21, after moving to a top half Premiership side is bizarre. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It was based on him running the show in numerous games for Scotland at the age of 19.

He has moved to a top half Premiership team - where if he develops there is certainly every chance he builds on his potential. 

Your absolute desperation to tell everyone that he won’t be world class, at the age of 21, after moving to a top half Premiership side is bizarre. 

Your first sentence is simply not true.

I'm not desperate for him not to come good at all.  I'm a Scotland fan.  I just think there's a cringe inducing tendency on here for people to confuse their desires with reality.  

Much of the stuff spouted about this promising young player was absurd.  That's what I'm mocking - not the player, who is actually doing ok.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Your first sentence is simply not true.

I'm not desperate for him not to come good at all.  I'm a Scotland fan.  I just think there's a cringe inducing tendency on here for people to confuse their desires with reality.  

Much of the stuff spouted about this promising young player was absurd.  That's what I'm mocking - not the player, who is actually doing ok.

If you don’t think his early Scotland appearances were fantastic, particularly given his age, then there isn’t really anything else left to say…

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He was terrific against England.

Your claim, however, is very typical of the genre.

England, Denmark, Israel - to name three.

He was awful against Ukraine. Potter’s comments about him having incredible technical ability but needing the team set up to be correct are spot on for me.

Time will tell… 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

England, Denmark, Israel - to name three.

He was awful against Ukraine. Potter’s comments about him having incredible technical ability but needing the team set up to be correct are spot on for me.

Time will tell… 

Leaving aside the overblown and inaccurate nature of the "running the show" claim, he wasn't actually nineteen at the time of any of those games.

You're simply saying things you wish were true.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Leaving aside the overblown and inaccurate nature of the "running the show" claim, he wasn't actually nineteen at the time of any of those games.

You're simply saying things you wish were true.

Running the show is simply a term used for a central midfielder who dictates a game - which Gilmour did, alongside McGregor. 

Okay - he turned 20 a week before the England game. That changes everything!

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Running the show is simply a term used for a central midfielder who dictates a game - which Gilmour did, alongside McGregor. 

Okay - he turned 20 a week before the England game. That changes everything!

He didn't "dictate" the games though.  That's again a complete misrepresentation.