Billy Gilmour

Kuro

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Calling out self loathing behaviour is not the same as self loathing.

Most posters on here don't have this attitude.

But a hardcore minority do.

What a load of facile shite.

Thinking that some of the comments on here were over the top in predicting this player's stardom, does not equate to self loathing at all.

Simply saying it does, does not render that so, I'm afraid.

Away you go with your excitable, juvenile nonsense.

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Tbf I don't think having numbers guy on side gives the gilmour haters much credit.

"Gilmour haters"!    Seriously?

That's how you wish to characterise those saying 'Steady on.  Let's wait and see before getting too carried away'. 

I'm a big fan of Gilmour.  I love the way he plays.  He's exactly what Scotland needs and is very promising.  Questioning whether he really will in fact be bossing Real Madrid's midfield within the next few months, however, must mean instead that I hate the guy.  

it's beyond pathetic.  Some growing up is needed.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thinking that some of the comments on here were over the top in predicting this player's stardom, does not equate to self loathing at all.

He said I was a self-loathing Scot for saying that it would be bad for Gilmour to remain at Chelsea. Not much point arguing with him about it, really. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Surely given he is only 21 and going into his second full season of football, predictions either way are pointless right now?

We’ll only be able to tell who was right in about 10 years time 🤣

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's how your wish to characterise those saying 'steady on.  Let's wait and see before getting too carried away'. 

I'm a big fan of Gilmour.  I love the way he plays.  He's exactly what Scotland needs and is very promising.  Questioning whether he really will in fact be bossing Real Madrid's midfield within the next few months, however, must mean instead that I hate the guy.  

giphy.gif

On 12/07/2021 at 12:26, 2426255 said:

There is a clear difference between it being blindingly obvious that someone will become world class and thinking someone will be world class. Is that fair?

On 12/07/2021 at 13:05, BingMcCrosby said:

Let's put it to the test, im saying right now gilmour is going to be a world class player.

Your saying that "you" couldn't possibly give an opinion. Until you have watched him for 2 seasons.

Your saying you don't believe me, Im saying your a clueless judge of a footballer.

Let's see who's right

On 05/07/2021 at 14:07, BingMcCrosby said:

of course its not ridiculous you could tell someone would be world class after a few games. Or even one, sometimes its just blindingly obvious. I've done it and got it right loads of times. And I dont consider myself to be some expert talent spotter.

The people arguing you can't do it maybe just don't understand football. 

Edited by 2426255

28 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Surely given he is only 21 and going into his second full season of football, predictions either way are pointless right now?

We’ll only be able to tell who was right in about 10 years time 🤣

That doesn't make predictions pointless; it just means their accuracy or otherwise has yet to be determined.  

Anyone can of course, comment on how realistic or wise such predictions might look on the available evidence.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That doesn't make predictions pointless; it just means their accuracy or otherwise has yet to be determined.  

Anyone can of course, comment on how realistic or wise such predictions might look on the available evidence.

I disagree, predictions of this kind are completely pointless.

Predictions are usually based on at least some evidence, that makes the prediction have some likelihood of being correct.

There are so many variables in the life of any footballer, beyond simply being talented, that effect how good they’ll become, that predictions made right now are basically so near to being guesswork that they are basically useless nonsense.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's how you wish to characterise those saying 'Steady on.  Let's wait and see before getting too carried away'. 

What makes you think im talking about you? I've always found your views to be thought out and decent enough. So calm it down a bit.

Theres certainly an element of gilmour hating on here tho, which probably comes from who he used to play for. It would be the same if he used to play for celtic also.

Just now, Jambomo said:

I disagree, predictions of this kind are completely pointless.

Predictions are usually based on at least some evidence, that makes the prediction have some likelihood of being correct.

There are so many variables in the life of any footballer, beyond simply being talented, that effect how good they’ll become, that predictions made right now are basically so near to being guesswork that they are basically useless nonsense.

Your third paragraph is almost a direct quote from me a couple of pages ago.

If you want to get philosophical on it is every post on here not in essence pointless.

This is a discussion board for football tho, so discussions on the ability of a player is the kind of thing you might expect to see is it not?

Also everyones idea of evidence is going to be different isn't it, because your not convinced doesn't mean there is no evidence. Its opinions, whats the big deal with being excited about a young player.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

3 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

What makes you think im talking about you? I've always found your views to be thought out and decent enough. So calm it down a bit.

Theres certainly an element of gilmour hating on here tho, which probably comes from who he used to play for. It would be the same if he used to play for celtic also.

He never actually played for Rangers though? He was also briefly at Celtic too. 

8 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Aye cool, but I think its absolutely obvious that 99.9% of people who know of Billy Gilmour in Scotland would consider him an ex rangers player.

You accused me of much not liking him for that reason iirc, despite not ever slagging him off, only questioning how somebody can be deemed world class after a few games. I would be saying the about any Celtic player or ex youth product breaking through and people making such claims. I think people just got carried away it’s really as simple as that for me. 

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You accused me of much not liking him for that reason iirc, despite not ever slagging him off, only questioning how somebody can be deemed world class after a few games. I would be saying the about any Celtic player or ex youth product breaking through and people making such claims. I think people just got carried away it’s really as simple as that for me. 

Spot on. It's not about hating Gilmour - It's about ripping the pish out of those getting carried away: @Satoshi @BingMcCrosby @HalfCutNinja