Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On average there will be 6 needing to isolate.

Hearing they're reporting no other close contacts, knowing our luck he'll be sharing a room with KT and Che.

Wish a swift recovery to the young man. I'd expect to see McTominay move back into midfield now for tomorrow's game.
I wonder if Fleck will come in to avoid too many things getting moved about.

Hearing they're reporting no other close contacts, knowing our luck he'll be sharing a room with KT and Che.
Apparently he was playing table tennis* with Robertson and McGinn. We didn't report any close contacts of Fleck but then had six.

*which is a distanced sport tbf

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
2 minutes ago, AJF said:
Wish a swift recovery to the young man. I'd expect to see McTominay move back into midfield now for tomorrow's game.

I wonder if Fleck will come in to avoid too many things getting moved about.

Yeah I suppose it's an option. It would probably depend on how Fleck has recovered from his own case of Covid.

Would definitely still keep McTominay in defence, Armstrong or Fleck coming in there makes the most sense to me. Terrible luck to be without three guys who would all play in one of those deeper roles, it's really screwed over our midfield balance.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Replacing Hendry with McTominay is one of the main reasons why our defence improved between the two matches.

Gilmour, Jack and McLean. FFS.

Apparently he was playing table tennis* with Robertson and McGinn. We didn't report any close contacts of Fleck but then had six.

They'll be working under English rules this time, which should be helpful.

This could be catastrophic.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Replacing Hendry with McTominay is one of the main reasons why our defence improved between the two matches.

Gilmour, Jack and McLean. FFS.

I don't disagree, but having said that I don't think our defence was particularly poor against the Czechs either.

If he goes with a flat 3 in midfield then I'd say keep McTominay in defence and draft in Fleck or Armstrong but if we go with a holding 2 to allow McGinn to get further forward in a game we have to win, then I'd be happier if we put McTominay back into midfield personally.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

In the case of Fleck, wasn't the decision to withdraw the additional six players that missed the Holland game purely precautionary and they could've actually played? 

In the case of Fleck, wasn't the decision to withdraw the additional six players that missed the Holland game purely precautionary and they could've actually played? 
Believe that was the case, think it was being overly cautious with it being so close to the first game.

Just now, AJF said:

Yes.  That's what I recall.  I read that it was effectively to prevent it from becoming a future issue.

At this point, it's win or bust. If we have to play with 7 players in the last 16, so be it.

Yeah it was but would they not still have been close contacts? Hopefully, as craigkillie said, England's rules come in handy. Tbh I don't know the isolation/close contacts rules in Spain, England or even Scotland atm.

Yeah it was but would they not still have been close contacts? Hopefully, as craigkillie said, England's rules come in handy. Tbh I don't know the isolation/close contacts rules in Spain, England or even Scotland atm.

The other players were not required to isolate, and were eligible to play. That was a precautionary decision.

Sneaking a look at my phone during a teams meeting resulted in me blurting out "oh for f***s sake" while unmuted. Not sure the boss was impressed...

Edited by calcutta