The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Guest Bob Mahelp

Johnson scheduling a press conference for 18.00 to announce restrictions, therefore neutering the headline story of his lying and the Christmas party, and switching attention on to restrictions rather than him. 

The dead cat to end all dead cats. He's actually introducing further restrictions so he can hide behind it. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Johnson scheduling a press conference for 18.00 to announce restrictions, therefore neutering the headline story of his lying and the Christmas party, and switching attention on to restrictions rather than him. 

The dead cat to end all dead cats. He's actually introducing further restrictions so he can hide behind it. 

We all see through it though. Can only pull that trick so many times. It actually discredits him even more.

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Her husband must have married her for a bet....

One that he lost presumably. 

According to Wiki he is James Forsyth, Political Editor of The Spectator and they have two children, Anaglypta and Ivanhoe *.  I note to my horror that she shares my birthday, if not age.

*I may have made these names up

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

One that he lost presumably. 

According to Wiki he is James Forsyth, Political Editor of The Spectator and they have two children, Anaglypta and Ivanhoe *.  I note to my horror that she shares my birthday, if not age.

*I may have made these names up

Think you’re mixing them up with Kincy’s children. Let me clear it up: hers actually exist.

Firstly, I didn't say hard left, I said far left. By that I mean to the left of new Labour, which whether folk like(d) it or not is the only way Labour were electable at the time and probably where they need to be elected now. If you want to go and 'get yourself a bit of education' you would see that it was the conclusion of Labour re the failure to win the 1992 election, where they were up against a government not dissimilar to this current one. It is also the conclusion post 2019 where clearly the electorate agreed with my analysis. 
Secondly, re your game above, the Labour manifestos were pretty good. I liked a lot about them (tax on high earners and childcare provisons), and a few things I didn't like (nationalisation of energy companies,). However, Corbyn and his front bench were overly abrasive and divisive. A lot I could look past, but his utter dismissal and non action on anti semitic actions was his undoing.
Just to be clear, I am traditionally Labour and it is where my vote was in the past, but only a fool would ever think Corbyn was electable and not a liability to Labour.
You have your view, I have mine. 
Right. Waffle aside, name me one, just one, policy from either of the last two manifestos which could be described as "far left".

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
42 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:
Firstly, I didn't say hard left, I said far left. By that I mean to the left of new Labour, which whether folk like(d) it or not is the only way Labour were electable at the time and probably where they need to be elected now. If you want to go and 'get yourself a bit of education' you would see that it was the conclusion of Labour re the failure to win the 1992 election, where they were up against a government not dissimilar to this current one. It is also the conclusion post 2019 where clearly the electorate agreed with my analysis. 
Secondly, re your game above, the Labour manifestos were pretty good. I liked a lot about them (tax on high earners and childcare provisons), and a few things I didn't like (nationalisation of energy companies,). However, Corbyn and his front bench were overly abrasive and divisive. A lot I could look past, but his utter dismissal and non action on anti semitic actions was his undoing.
Just to be clear, I am traditionally Labour and it is where my vote was in the past, but only a fool would ever think Corbyn was electable and not a liability to Labour.
You have your view, I have mine. 

Right. Waffle aside, name me one, just one, policy from either of the last two manifestos which could be described as "far left".

It's only waffle because you disagree?

Anyway, to answer your question directly, I think the nationalisation of the energy companies could be described as far left.

As an industry it is flawed and requires more regulation. But go and have a conversation with anyone who worked in a nationalised energy company and then a non nationalised company and see what their view is.

You may not see that as far left, but I do.

I'm not sure why me having a view on Corbyn has you so rattled. Is that you Jeremy? 

Edited by Theyellowbox

33 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Milo schooled you twice on The Big Questions a few years back, so I can see why you're still angry.

How are things working out for Milo now ?

It's only waffle because you disagree?
Anyway, to answer your question directly, I think the nationalisation of the energy companies could be described as far left.
As an industry it is flawed and requires more regulation. But go and have a conversation with anyone who worked in a nationalised energy company and then a non nationalised company and see what their view is.
You may not see that as far left, but I do.
I'm not sure why me having a view on Corbyn has you so rattled. Is that you Jeremy? 
Thanks for confirmation of your political naivete. Public ownership of utilities is a far left policy? Jesus wept.