The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I've also noticed a drop in quality or age of fresh produce. Stuff that would normally be fine in the fridge for a couple of days is going blue and furry much quicker. 

I try to avoid shopping there but the local Co-op has been a shambles for about 2 months now, gaps all the time, random stuff like no crisps or fizzy juice and the pathetic veg section being stocked with stuff that is reduced from the outset.

It's not the end of the world, I doubt we're going to starve but it is undeniably a f**k up. 

Also, I haven't seen Vosene shampoo since July. 

Once this sort of thing becomes embedded in daily life the needle of electoral opinion will start to move negatively for Johnson and the Tories, as the bottom line is that shortages and hardship over the medium term are almost nailed on in stark contrast to today's soaring conference rhetoric.  As I've suggested previously, IMO it will not be the Pandora Papers revelations or the embarrassing criminality of Sheikh Makhtoum or the Queen spending millions to prop up her son, but the aggregate of a lot of more mundane but demoralising circumstances for a middle class unused to such privations which will ultimately do for Johnson and hopefully the Tory Government.  Think Al Capone and tax returns. 

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that you've not addressed any of the points from my previous post that I've highlighted above. Can I assume you're OK with this "normality"? 

With regard to your specific points:

1) "Employment will drop... ...with wages rising" - The rise in numbers of unskilled jobs paying minimum wage will not be counterbalanced by the drop in employment when the removal of furlough kicks in. The second part of your claim will not happen unless the first one does.

2) "Inflation will be higher" - This is not a major problem if wages outstrip inflation. Unfortuately, wages aren't doing this at the moment. Please respond to the question asked. To make it simple for you, I'll rephrase my question. Is it "normal" and desirable for wage packets to shrink when adjusted for inflation?

3) If Mrs DPB does all your shopping for you, how often are you actually in a supermarket? Why do you appear to be the only person on P&B that hasn't had to buy substitute ingredients or alternative items?

I need to be quick as Starting packing for hols but in the businesses I’m involved in we are finding it difficult to get people and we have increased wages accordingly.

Furlough has now ended - 30th September and I couldn’t say how many people are being laid off.

I go with MrsDPB once a week to our local Morrison’s and sometimes to M&S and we certainly haven’t noticed any shortages on the stuff we buy.

Anyway, enjoy your evening. Just finished a bridge match.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I need to be quick as Starting packing for hols but in the businesses I’m involved in we are finding it difficult to get people and we have increased wages accordingly.

Furlough has now ended - 30th September and I couldn’t say how many people are being laid off.

I go with MrsDPB once a week to our local Morrison’s and sometimes to M&S and we certainly haven’t noticed any shortages on the stuff we buy.

Anyway, enjoy your evening. Just finished a bridge match.

So you extrapolate from your shopping basket to the whole of the country!!

Likewise for me, I can still get what I normally buy. But I also see that other stuff that I don't normally buy is no longer on the shelves. Just because I can get my limited shopping basket doesn't mean there are no shortages.

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Your trolling is even more desperate than Kincy's emoji23.png

Not entirely sure I’m trolling but you do seem to need to reply to everything.

Or maybe people might be allowed to hold views that don’t entirely align to your own?

Bwahaha…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/universal-credit-secretary-government-b959128.html%3famp

Independent food banks ‘running out of options’ amid UC cut

A welfare state that is not fit for purpose which has been outsourced to the goodwill of charity who can no longer cope.

An Indian subversive/freedom fighter said: 

The True Measure of Any Society can be Found in How it Treats its Most Vulnerable Members.

This government has failed......absolutely and with malice.

Edited by speckled tangerine

2 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/universal-credit-secretary-government-b959128.html%3famp

Independent food banks ‘running out of options’ amid UC cut

A welfare state that is not fit for purpose which has been outsourced to the goodwill of charity who can no longer cope.

An Indian subversive/freedom fighter said: 

The True Measure of Any Society can be Found in How it Treats its Most Vulnerable Members.

This government has failed......absolutely and with malice.

FBBei38VUBES3Q2?format=jpg&name=medium

13 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that you've not addressed any of the points from my previous post that I've highlighted above. Can I assume you're OK with this "normality"? 

With regard to your specific points:

1) "Employment will drop... ...with wages rising" - The rise in numbers of unskilled jobs paying minimum wage will not be counterbalanced by the drop in employment when the removal of furlough kicks in. The second part of your claim will not happen unless the first one does.

2) "Inflation will be higher" - This is not a major problem if wages outstrip inflation. Unfortuately, wages aren't doing this at the moment. Please respond to the question asked. To make it simple for you, I'll rephrase my question. Is it "normal" and desirable for wage packets to shrink when adjusted for inflation?

3) If Mrs DPB does all your shopping for you, how often are you actually in a supermarket? Why do you appear to be the only person on P&B that hasn't had to buy substitute ingredients or alternative items?

Just spotted an article on the BBC stating that data seems to show that the ending of furlough will not trigger large scale unemployment.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just spotted an article on the BBC stating that data seems to show that the ending of furlough will not trigger large scale unemployment.

And yet again, a Yoon apologist doesn't bother linking to the source of his news.

If it's such good news, why not link to it?

Edited by lichtgilphead
Autocorrect f*ckup

59 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

And yet again, a Yoon apologist doesn't bother linking to the source of his news.

If it's such good news, why not link to it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58794515

To save time reading, figures are available for the larger businesses that accounted for 40% of furloughed staff. They sacked everyone they needed to last year so aren't sacking any more now.

60% of furloughed workers were at businesses with fewer than 20 staff so don't have to report figures. Some guy says they might be at more risk but some amateur sleuth says it's all cool because of Google searches. 

I wouldn't hang the bunting just yet. 

What exactly does high wage & low tax economy mean?

I rather suspect that if we aren't to pay taxes for public services that some of the high wages will be required to buy from the private sector.

I wonder which services they have in mind.

Munira Mirza is one of these Axis of Evil c***s who went from the Revolutionary Communist Party, to the tories, to Brexit/VoteLeave/UKIP and back to the tories again with other hazards to humanity like Claire Fox. Pure grift.

She's also responsible for the UK Governments race and equality commission white wash which found there to be no institutionalised racism, which is a huge surprise given she is on record as stating she doesn't believe in institutionalised racism. A prize dangercunt.