The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

44 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

The most powerful people in politics are the Tory backbenchers, which pleases me as they are the only ones with an ounce of principle when it comes to free of speech and freedom in general.

This line, coupled with your comments on the Monarchy, tends to make me wonder if you shouldn't try and find a forum more in sync with your beliefs. 

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

This line, coupled with your comments on the Monarchy, tends to make me wonder if you shouldn't try and find a forum more in sync with your beliefs. 

Many thanks for the advice, John 

I missed your constant jibes during your spell in the EEIL, and did notice you and Antlion's names popping up after several of my posts, noses pressed up at the windows of the EEIL, desperately trying to engage with Big Poppa Pump.

I was tempted to click in to read your posts a couple of times, but chose to resist.  You had to finish your sentence.

If you take issue when any of my beliefs then feel free to counter them with a robust argument.  You're a free man now.

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 hour ago, Scott Steiner said:

Many thanks for the advice, John 

I missed your constant jibes during your spell in the EEIL, and did notice you and Antlion's names popping up after several of my posts, noses pressed up at the windows of the EEIL, desperately trying to engage with Big Poppa Pump.

I was tempted to click in to read your posts a couple of times, but chose to resist.  You had to finish your sentence.

If you take issue when any of my beliefs then feel free to counter them with a robust argument.  You're a free man now.

Your welcome to the advice, but I know you won't take it.

On your praise for Tory Backbenchers , did you support them in their quest to get Owen Paterson off the hook?

Just for the record, my New Years Resolution was to refrain from making posts which some might interpret as abusive or offensive.

Don't worry about this, it's just a little phase  I'm going through - I'll probably be back on your Ignore list before the end of the day.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

59 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Your welcome to the advice, but I know you won't take it.

On your praise for Tory Backbenchers , did you support them in their quest to get Owen Paterson off the hook?

Just for the record, my New Years Resolution was to refrain from making posts which some might interpret as abusive.

Don't worry about this, it's just a little phase  I'm going through - I'll probably be back on your Ignore list before the end of the day.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Owen Paterson situation, and don't want to just blindly accept your assessment of it.

Hopefully our exchanges continue to be non-abusive.

Edited by Scott Steiner

2 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

I agree about Johnson doing whatever saves his own skin.  He's a self promoter without an ideology IMO.

What I don't agree with is that these people are far-right.  The culture has drifted so left over the years that they probably appear far-right within today's paradigm, but I still don't see them as such in the true meaning of the term.

The most powerful people in politics are the Tory backbenchers, which pleases me as they are the only ones with an ounce of principle when it comes to free of speech and freedom in general.

Sad to see you get angry with DPB though.  He seems like a decent guy to me.

Really?

I don't know the ins and outs of the Owen Paterson situation, and don't want to just blindly accept your assessment of it.
Hopefully our exchanges continue to be non-abusive.
Strange that you appear to have limited, if any, knowledge of any news story which shows the Tories to be the irredeemably amoral cűnts all decent people know them to be...

9 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just goes to show how out of touch BoJo  is, and how utterly incompetent the media is. 

If a Scottish wife was to ask her husband where he had been for 10 days, and the best that he could muster in reply was that he had been in this country, she'd have kicked his head in. 

Absolutely. After all the spin and lies from BoJo, that no journalist has really sought where our PM was for 10 days is a nonsense. Yes, he is entitled to a degree of privacy, but given he is leading the nation during a health crisis, it is in the public interest to at least know roughly where he is. Take the US president for example, his general location (obviously not exact co ordinates) is made known at all times. I DO think he was in UK as would have been obvious  if he was not, but for such a straight forward question it was an odd response.

I agree with SS about the tory backbenchers holding the real power, but I do not agree that they are some moral compass on free speech or such like. Many are self serving egotistical silos, who stay silent when it suits and shouts when paid. (They are not alone in HOC). Agree, they at least stick to ideologies, but too rigidly often. You need to be able to adapt when things change and many are still stuck looking through Brexit glasses.

Edited by Theyellowbox

Not only is this Stauner fellae myopic and/or blind/deaf to anything his beloved right-wing fascist buddies are up to, he's also just shown himself up to be tone deaf when it comes to music.  He's spent some of his precious tuggin' time red-dotting all my recent contributions in the music threads.  Maybe if i'd posted The Sash or The Famine Song or The Billy Boys i'd maybe have got one of his plethora of greenies he hasn't used ??

At least when i red dot the fanny it's because of his sterile, yet sadly predictable, inane responses to any counters or points to the pish-stained drivel he's been producing.  🤣😂🤣😂.

Rarely have i "ignored" anyone here, but monsieur le tosseur has made the grade big time.

25 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Not only is this Stauner fellae myopic and/or blind/deaf to anything his beloved right-wing fascist buddies are up to, he's also just shown himself up to be tone deaf when it comes to music.  He's spent some of his precious tuggin' time red-dotting all my recent contributions in the music threads.  Maybe if i'd posted The Sash or The Famine Song or The Billy Boys i'd maybe have got one of his plethora of greenies he hasn't used ??

At least when i red dot the fanny it's because of his sterile, yet sadly predictable, inane responses to any counters or points to the pish-stained drivel he's been producing.  🤣😂🤣😂.

Rarely have i "ignored" anyone here, but monsieur le tosseur has made the grade big time.

The red dots were retaliatory ma man.

You seem to be unable to handle differing opinions without resorting to abuse and hostility, which is neither healthy nor wholesome.

Edited by Scott Steiner

11 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Absolutely. After all the spin and lies from BoJo, that no journalist has really sought where our PM was for 10 days is a nonsense. Yes, he is entitled to a degree of privacy, but given he is leading the nation during a health crisis, it is in the public interest to at least know roughly where he is. Take the US president for example, his general location (obviously not exact co ordinates) is made known at all times. I DO think he was in UK as would have been obvious  if he was not, but for such a straight forward question it was an odd response.

I agree with SS about the tory backbenchers holding the real power, but I do not agree that they are some moral compass on free speech or such like. Many are self serving egotistical silos, who stay silent when it suits and shouts when paid. (They are not alone in HOC). Agree, they at least stick to ideologies, but too rigidly often. You need to be able to adapt when things change and many are still stuck looking through Brexit glasses.

I don’t think Johnson is stupid enough to claim he’s been “in this country” if he’s not; it would be to easy to disprove.

That said he’s been a proven liar even before he held elected office and his sense of entitlement added to his practice of speaking before he thinks could prove my assertion wrong.

If his statement was false then given how quickly and significantly the opinion polls have changed in the last few weeks it could be the final nail in his coffin.

8 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Retaliatory red dots. What a time to be alive.

I read that retaliatory red dot pish as well. Apart from the initial "what a saddo" considerations, this is a football-based forum.  It's maybe worth reminding those 'it was just retaliation' dudes that in football, retaliation is usually punished. Straight red, is it not? 

13 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I read that retaliatory red dot pish as well. Apart from the initial "what a saddo" considerations, this is a football-based forum.  It's maybe worth reminding those 'it was just retaliation' dudes that in football, retaliation is usually punished. Straight red, is it not? 

Seriously S n' V, if people engage reasonably with me then I'll be reasonable back.

Surely that's not difficult to understand?

Greeting like weans about red dots does does my trolls no favours.  If the same people who complain about red dots also rebuked those who are hostile and nasty, then perhaps their moans would have a scintila of credence, but as it stands they just don't.  Thankfully their hate never gets me down.

Edited by Scott Steiner

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Depends who retaliates first!