The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

It seems very strange to me that Liz Truss seems to be the media's chosen successor to Boris.

WTF?

image.thumb.png.36f3ed47cd9c6391e8e96fa40a39767d.png

Bizarrely I think she will be the next PM.

I can only judge her on her public performances and utterances to date, and based on these I don’t think she has the will or gravitas to do the job and command the support she will need.

The Conservative Party and those who vote for them have been willing to endure Johnson’s bumbling clown act but I think they will be looking for something far different in his successor.

I’ve seen reports claiming that she is intelligent and has a clear understanding of the various political briefs she had in other posts; if so that will help her.

There will be a popularity bounce with a new leader but there’s serious problems ahead.  Depending on how dirty the leadership campaign becomes she might find herself dealing with enemies in her own ranks too.

FWIW I think there may be other potential challengers who will look at the likely problems on the horizon and back off.

On 23/12/2021 at 08:01, Fullerene said:

If you look at the last 5 or 6 pages, one poster accounts for 1/3 of the posts.  Another 1/3 are people replying.

Anyone who tries to dominate a thread in this way is usually a troll.  IMO.

It's not a case of me trying to dominate any thread.  I simply reply to points/attacks put my way.  If you all swarm on me at once, then it only seems like manners to swat you aside individually.

Unless you're an abusive, EEIL-dwelling troll of course.  In which case I don't see your post :D

Edited by Scott Steiner

3 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

It's not a case of me trying to dominate any thread.  I simply reply to points/attacks put my way.  If you all swarm on me at once, then it only seems like manners to swat you aside individually.

Unless you're an abusive, EEIL-dwelling troll of course.  In which case I don't see your post :D

Yes but if you were more effective and less combative you would have allies joining in on your side to argue your case for you.

In which case it would not look like you were dominating the thread.

Something to think about.

Edited by Fullerene

59 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Yes but if you were more effective and less combative you would have allies joining in on your side to argue your case for you.

In which it would not look like you were dominating the thread.

Something to think about.

I'll give that some thought, Fullerene.  Perhaps instead of individual swats, I could condense them onto one post, thus increasing effectivity.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

The most interesting part of the past few pages has been discovering that Miguel Sanchez has welshbairn on ignore.

That is a surprise, so will this disqualify our Bairn @welshbairn  from the 2022 Dead Pool?

That ain't fair.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Side effect of the Covid thread probably..  

Say no more. What happens on the Covid thread, stays on the Covid thread.

Until recently, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Am I seething/triggered 🤣

You don’t need to. You just need to keep the conversation going and give the troll a chance to go on and on (and on and on), preferably about its latest faux identity.

25 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Am I seething/triggered 🤣

You tell me.

Honestly, see if you're just nice.. I'll be nice back.

Be snide, then I'll do the same.

It really is that simple.

Methinks you've no interest in acting reasonably toward me, but time'll tell I suppose.