The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

In terms of policy, how would a government go about stressing the importance of the family unit in 2021? 

These zoomers have some ideas on that front 

https://scottishfamily.org/

I pointed this group out before - like Fathers4Justice but more extreme in some of their witterings. 

23 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Of course you don't, because your intentions aren't in good faith.  You even admitted the reason you didn't accept the answer, which is not how a conversation should be conducted.

Big Poppa Bumper is right here. He'd never discredit an answer based on the source

On 15/12/2021 at 06:35, Scott Steiner said:

The Guardian?

That'd me like me getting an 'objective' opinion on Global Jewry from Mein Kampf.

32 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Ofc I’m not asking in good faith because you’re doing a barely concealed stereotypical dog whistle and as expected when challenged on it have utterly shat the bed. If you were creative or honest about it then you might get a good discussion.

I think the argument over what makes up the best family unit is missing the forest for the trees because what most assures a child will be brought up well is economic security and an ability for people to spend time with their kids. Two things which have been repeatedly undermined by 40 years of neoliberalism forcing everyone to work longer hours for less pay.

At least you're admitting it now instead of acting all innocent!  Sort of a step forward I suppose.

The fact you homed in on two specific points of my list made me suspicious of your intentions right from the start.

Anyway, despite your bad faith ways, I admire that you've finally answered one of my questions at least.  I'll therefore answer what I believe to be the best family unit too.. after all that it's funny to see it's not that similar to your view.

I completely agree that economic security is highly important, and I'd emphasise security.  Some of the most well balanced people I've ever met have been from poor families where they had hardly any material possessions of note, but they had loving parents within a wholesome community.  Holidays and possessions are more luxury than security IMO.

That leads me on to the 2nd point which again I wholeheartedly agree with, along with it's cause being neo-liberalism.  Where I differ is that I believe that a two parent household is best, as it's very hard for a single parent to give children the correct care, attention, discipline, guidance along with the different types of rolemodels which I reckon are helpful to their development.  I believe the stats are clear that a two parent household is better than one.

Abhorrent much, eh?  I'm sure @AsimButtHitsASix and @Theyellowbox will be disappointed :D

Edited by Scott Steiner

13 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

I wholeheartedly agree with, along with it's cause being neo-liberalism.

I'm surprised you're against neo liberalism, I'd have thought you'd be in favour of letting capitalism run free and untrammelled by interfering nanny states and international treaties. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm surprised you're against neo liberalism, I'd have thought you'd be in favour of letting capitalism run free and untrammelled by interfering nanny states and international treaties. 

Na man!  Not in favour of that at all.

58 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Of course you don't, because your intentions aren't in good faith.  You even admitted the reason you didn't accept the answer, which is not how a conversation should be conducted.

As for no one else thinking it is.. we're on P&B mate.  I was told what you lot were like before I signed up.  Far from being a representation of society, it's more like a Green party conference.

My question was what you think the best family set up to raise a child is, and why you reframed my point about hard work :D

(This is actually becoming pretty funny now)

Fúck it, I know better, but patience is wearing thin. I want my trolls to have at least a bit of humour, a modicum of intelligence or, at bare minimum, a decent level of invective. 

P&B is a (mostly) friendly forum whose members display an impressive range of Protected characteristics, and are mostly respectful of each other's quirks and allegiances. The range of football teams supported, political views espoused, and general prejudices displayed (we all have some) by postersis is equally wide-ranging and forms a basis for some pretty lively debate. That you appear to have united such a disparate group in their opinion of you is quite an achievement - and that is not, by the way, a compliment. 

Stormzy, Peppino, hell even AWRA and Reynard had at least some entertainment value. You are a valueless, clueless, brainless wee no-mark who offers nothing to the forum. My advise to you would be to log the fúck off, get out of the cellar, and give real life a bit of a try. You only get one shot at it, you know. 

ETA: It might be an idea for you to start your own thread, and to leave this one for discussing the titular lying scarecrow. You could call it "Why negative attention is better than none and other childhood issues I'd like to work out in an anonymous Internet forum, because that's a perfectly normal way to behave". 

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

33 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

At least you're admitting it now instead of acting all innocent!  Sort of a step forward I suppose.

The fact you homed in on two specific points of my list made me suspicious of your intentions right from the start.

Anyway, despite your bad faith ways, I admire that you've finally answered one of my questions at least.  I'll therefore answer what I believe to be the best family unit too.. after all that it's funny to see it's not that similar to your view.

I completely agree that economic security is highly important, and I'd emphasise security.  Some of the most well balanced people I've ever met have been from poor families where they had hardly any material possessions of note, but they had loving parents within a wholesome community.  Holidays and possessions are more luxury than security IMO.

That leads me on to the 2nd point which again I wholeheartedly agree with, along with it's cause being neo-liberalism.  Where I differ is that I believe that a two parent household is best, as it's very hard for a single parent to give children the correct care, attention, discipline, guidance along with the different types of rolemodels which I reckon are helpful to their development.  I believe the stats are clear that a two parent household is better than one.

Abhorrent much, eh?  I'm sure @AsimButtHitsASix and @Theyellowbox will be disappointed :D

Huh?

For what it is worth, my view on all of this is that I couldn't care what family set up someone is brought up in, so long as they are well cared for, well raised and provided all the love, encouragement and opportunities the parents or carers can give them. I know both same sex and heterosexual couples that do and would make fantastic parents. Single parents who do a fantastic job of raising children and children with 'broken' homes that benefit from actually having 4 loving parents.

You could have 'traditional' family units that are actually detrimental to a child's upbringing as the parents always argue and stay together for the sake of the kids. Equally, you have struggling single parents who the child(ren) would benefit from additional parenting.

What is paramount to the raising of any child is that any and all parents present in their lives do everything in the best interest of that child.

Give me two loving homosexual parents for a child ever day of the week over two non loving heterosexual parents. Give me a loving single parent for a child every day of the week over a horribly negative two parent household. Given me a heterosexual two loving parent household over a homosexual non loving two parent household.

It's really not difficult.

Edited by Theyellowbox

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Huh?

For what it is worth, my view on all of this is that I couldn't care what family set up someone is brought up in, do long as they are well cared for, well raised and provided all the love, encouragement and opportunities the parents or carers can give them. I know both same sex and heterosexual couples that do and would make fantastic parents. Single parents who do a fantastic job of raising children and children with 'broken' homes the benefit from actually having 4 loving parents.

You could have 'traditional' family units that are actually detrimental to a child's upbringing as the parents always argue and stay together for the sake of the kids. Equally, you have struggling single parents who the child(ren) would benefit from additional parenting.

What is paramount to the raising of any child is that any and all parents present in their lives do everything in the best interest of that child.

Give me two loving homosexual parents for a child ever day of the week over two non loving heterosexual parents. Give me a loving single parent for a child every day of the week over a horribly negative two parent household. Given me a heterosexual two loving parent household over a homosexual non loving two parent household.

It's really not difficult.

Sorry YB, having now read back it's clear that I mixed you up with someone else.

It did seem out of character.

Edited by Scott Steiner