The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

3 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

For me it's not so much about lurching to the right, but just being conservative again.

I'd love to see them actually make an effort to conserve the traditionalist ways we used to hold dear as a people.

Are we talking the 1950's or 1650's here?

The real irony is that Boris is arguably (although not necesarily in practice) the most Liberal left leaning Tory PM probably ever.

However, in order to both get elected and stay in power he has had to portray bring more right leaning to the rest of his party. There is always a perception that Labour is a very wide party in terms of ideology, but arguably the Tories are even wider and far more complex. 

Inevitably that wouldn't hold for ever once Brexit was in the rear view mirror. The events of the last few months have probably brought forward what would have happened anyway.

He is in an unwinnable position. If he imposes more restrictions, he looses his party. If he doesn't and there is deaths he looses everyone else and to save face, probably his party.

His only way out is to not put in further restrictions and bank on there being no big upswing in deaths.

I have no sympathy for him though. He played the game, threw others under the bus, is a liar, a cheat and has played everyone. He has no credibility with anyone and I don't care what political party or leader it is, when that happens, you cannot govern. 

The importance of the traditional family unit, hierarchy, social norms, manners, freedom of speech and hard work.  Lots more but that's just a few off the top of my head.

What social norms and what do you mean by the traditional family unit? What about the current workplace says to you that it doesn't prioritise hard work?

Edited by NotThePars

The importance of the traditional family unit, hierarchy, social norms, manners, freedom of speech and hard work.  Lots more but that's just a few off the top of my head.

It is the plebs knowing their place and showing due deference to their upper class lords and masters then.

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What social norms and what do you mean by the traditional family unit? What about the current workplace says to you that it doesn't prioritise hard work?

By traditional family unit I mean the one in which it's proven by statistics that it's best for children to be reared in.

What do you think the best family unit is?

I never said the current workplace doesn't prioritise hard work.  Why on earth would you try to reframe my point in such a way?

Also, what do you think of my other points?

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

The real irony is that Boris is arguably (although not necesarily in practice) the most Liberal left leaning Tory PM probably ever.

He'll do anything to be popular, and agrees to whatever the last person to talk to him asked for. When it was Cummings he agreed to sack all the liberal Tories who were left.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He'll do anything to be popular, and agrees to whatever the last person to talked to him asked for. When it was Cummings he agreed to sack all the liberal Tories who were left.

Tend to agree with this.  The man has no beliefs or ideology other than simply 'Boris Johnson'.

That's why he came out so late for Brexit.  He didn't give a toss but thought it'd be best for him.

This was in stark contrast with myself who woke the wife up by jumping like mad all over the bed, pint in hand as I saw Farage give his victory speech.

Edited by Scott Steiner

Exactly 31 years ago today the 1989 Romanian Revolution began, with spectators at a Ceacescu speech booing and opposing him. This event kicked off days of fighting, that only ended when Ceacescu and his wife were captured, tried and then executed on Christmas Day.

Tonight, the echoes of revolutions past were heard.

I wonder if Johnson will make it past Christmas Day. 

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Exactly 31 years ago today the 1989 Romanian Revolution began, with spectators at a Ceacescu speech booing and opposing him. This event kicked off days of fighting, that only ended when Ceacescu and his wife were captured, tried and then executed on Christmas Day.

Tonight, the echoes of revolutions past were heard.

I remember that. When they were tied up and lined up against the wall, Ceacescu's wife started shouting at the firing squad, saying that she had been like a mother to them.

Ceacescu told her to shut the f**k up as she'd just make matters worse.

42 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Oh come on - I’m sure you could find more controversialist, stereotypically right-wing positions by trawling the Scottish Family Party website. Wouldn’t bashing the gays gain you some more of that sweet, sweet negative attention? How about going full fundie and screaming about putting the Christ back in Christmas?