The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There are proven statistics, glad you raised it, just to confirm we both agree that children raised by lesbians are, generally, smarter and less likely to suffer from ill health (including mental health) than those raised by heterosexuals

It seems weird you would go all this time without just saying that. 

Oh dear, now you've done it.... 😂

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh dear, now you've done it.... 😂

I don't get the issue here. He said a traditional family unit is the one that is best statistically. Now I would never say "being raised by lesbians" is traditional myself but we all come from different experiences. It's good to see he's so open minded on the subject. I just can't fathom why he wouldn't just admit that's what he meant rather than making me trawl through statistics to find out which, out of the hundreds of different family arrangements there are, was best statistically. 

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You haven’t though. If I was given an assignment and answered with a vague supposition and clarified my point by saying “well look at the statistics” I wouldn’t even pass at a Standard Grade level never mind a serious forum like posting on the internet. I know why you’re doing it because regardless of how you actually believe you’re skating uncomfortably close to saying something generally regarded as abhorrent but that’s the way it goes when you make being a right-wing provocateur your thing on a football forum and people decide to press you on it.

People didn’t like Stormzy but at least he made an effort to expand on his takes even if I thought they were bad. This is lazy as f**k.

I wasn't doing an assignment though, I was trying to railroad you into having a good faith conversation, something you appear to still be resisting.

My view on the subject matter, which is backed up by stats, is certainly not generally regarded as abhorrent.

It's obvious why you're going down this route though.  You have no intention of having a good faith conversation about the issue at hand where we both digest and reflect on each others points.  Even now, it seems you have no intention of answering my questions.

As for Stormzy, if he ever reads this forum then I bet he laughs his head off at the amount he's mentioned.  Can someone put me in touch with him?  It'd be cool if he re-registered as 'Rick Steiner'.  We'd be a cracking tag team.

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Which is fair enough but the “traditional” family unit is a man and a woman who are married. It’s fair enough to assume someone who slips around and refuses to clarify what they mean is doing so because that’s what they want to say but can’t because of the obvious implications.

That's a very culturally specific tradition. Proven statistics (the outcome of the pelopponesian war) show that the best outcomes are achevied by boys being removed from their mothers to be raised to be killing machines by the military, who will also take them as lovers. Statistically proven and traditional. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't get the issue here. He said a traditional family unit is the one that is best statistically. Now I would never say "being raised by lesbians" is traditional myself but we all come from different experiences. It's good to see he's so open minded on the subject. I just can't fathom why he wouldn't just admit that's what he meant rather than making me trawl through statistics to find out which, out of the hundreds of different family arrangements there are, was best statistically. 

It's obvious why lesbian couples are better at raising children than the failed 2 sex experiment. With a female Doctor Who and maybe the next Jane Bond, their children can have 2 worthy role models in the family to look up to instead of just the one.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Why are people still asking this plampf direct questions? He'll avoid it, tell you to look it up, then ask another question back and then accuse you of avoiding the question.

Summed it up very well

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

The previous troll/clickbait/Sevco/OO/Tory loon considered Patrick Harvie to be a "freak". 

The latest troll/clickbait/Sevco/OO/Tory loon wants to see more children with lesbian parents. 

Small but steady progress. Heart warming. 

He's undoubtedly a troll, but please don't associate him with the OO.

Thanks.

Hopefully [mention=25417]NotThePars[/mention] comes back to face the music.

What social norms do you want to defend though is it traditional conceptions of patriarchal authority or the sanctity of heterosexual marriage? I am really curious.

Just now, NotThePars said:

What social norms do you want to defend though is it traditional conceptions of patriarchal authority or the sanctity of heterosexual marriage? I am really curious.

I've already answered this question and explained why I answered it in such a way.

Could you please answer mine?

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There are proven statistics, glad you raised it, just to confirm we both agree that children raised by lesbians are, generally, smarter and less likely to suffer from ill health (including mental health) than those raised by heterosexuals

It seems weird you would go all this time without just saying that. 

I was brought up by lesbian parents and am extremely intelligent combining post graduate education with street smarts and wit.

Although I do suffer from gout so hard to say if I agree fully or not. 

I've already answered this question and explained why I answered it in such a way.
Could you please answer mine?

And I’ve said it wasn’t an acceptable answer and it looks like no one else thinks it is either.

What’s your question?

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

And I’ve said it wasn’t an acceptable answer and it looks like no one else thinks it is either.

What’s your question?

Of course you don't, because your intentions aren't in good faith.  You even admitted the reason you didn't accept the answer, which is not how a conversation should be conducted.

As for no one else thinking it is.. we're on P&B mate.  I was told what you lot were like before I signed up.  Far from being a representation of society, it's more like a Green party conference.

My question was what you think the best family set up to raise a child is, and why you reframed my point about hard work :D

(This is actually becoming pretty funny now)

Of course you don't, because your intentions aren't in good faith.  You even admitted the reason you didn't accept the answer, which is not how a conversation should be conducted.
As for no one else thinking it is.. we're on P&B mate.  I was told what you lot were like before I signed up.  Far from being a representation of society, it's more like a Green party conference.
My question was what you think the best family set up to raise a child is, and why you reframed my point about hard work [emoji3]
(This is actually becoming pretty funny now)

Ofc I’m not asking in good faith because you’re doing a barely concealed stereotypical dog whistle and as expected when challenged on it have utterly shat the bed. If you were creative or honest about it then you might get a good discussion.

I think the argument over what makes up the best family unit is missing the forest for the trees because what most assures a child will be brought up well is economic security and an ability for people to spend time with their kids. Two things which have been repeatedly undermined by 40 years of neoliberalism forcing everyone to work longer hours for less pay.