The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

On 21/12/2021 at 12:26, invergowrie arab said:

I was brought up by lesbian parents and am extremely intelligent combining post graduate education with street smarts and wit.

Although I do suffer from gout so hard to say if I agree fully or not. 

I bet you £500 or maybe a higher denomination note that this part isn't true.

Edited by strichener

So do we know yet where Boris has been over christmas? His less than convincing explanation that he 'was in this country' raises questions, but I think that was the intention. Make people assume he was not and then he confirms he was an a wigwam in Rhyl and regain some control. Tin hat stuff I know.

Anyway, it look like his big gamble of no further restrictions is crumbling, given covid numbers and hospitalisation rates. Of course, if there is restrictions imposed in new year, he can claim partial success as pubs etc stayed open over x mas and new year in England, but that will all be forgotten if we hit mid/late Jan and cases, hospitalizations and deaths soar. The government clearly are accepting if the current covid numbers given deaths are lower than start of year, but what is the tipping point for them? >1k deaths per day? >30k hospitalizations? If I was in opposition, I'd be asking the question of the government as to what the triggers are.

6 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

So do we know yet where Boris has been over christmas? His less than convincing explanation that he 'was in this country' raises questions, but I think that was the intention. Make people assume he was not and then he confirms he was an a wigwam in Rhyl and regain some control. Tin hat stuff I know.

Anyway, it look like his big gamble of no further restrictions is crumbling, given covid numbers and hospitalisation rates. Of course, if there is restrictions imposed in new year, he can claim partial success as pubs etc stayed open over x mas and new year in England, but that will all be forgotten if we hit mid/late Jan and cases, hospitalizations and deaths soar. The government clearly are accepting if the current covid numbers given deaths are lower than start of year, but what is the tipping point for them? >1k deaths per day? >30k hospitalizations? If I was in opposition, I'd be asking the question of the government as to what the triggers are.

"Let the bodies pile high". He doesn't give a single f**k about any of this - he's finally going for herd immunity which was his preference 20 months ago. 

18 minutes ago, HTG said:

"Let the bodies pile high". He doesn't give a single f**k about any of this - he's finally going for herd immunity which was his preference 20 months ago. 

If New Year celebrations in England turn into a collection of super spreader events then Johnson and no one else will get the blame.

Increased restrictions in early January in an effort to cope will be damning for him.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If New Year celebrations in England turn into a collection of super spreader events then Johnson and no one else will get the blame.

Increased restrictions in early January in an effort to cope will be damning for him.

He will double down though. No chance he will bring in any restrictions unless absolute public clamour for it, which there will not be. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 hours ago, HTG said:

He knows that his political career is on the hands of a few far right lunatics in the Tory party. 

Johnson honestly doesn't give a f**k about any of the consequences of covid. What he cares about is saving himself. 

Anyone who thinks that he's some kind of far thinking, freedom loving genius because he's too terrified to bring in any further measures to counter Omicron, needs laughed out of town. 

He's a consummate coward, paralysed by inaction and desperately hoping this all goes away. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He knows that his political career is on the hands of a few far right lunatics in the Tory party. 

Johnson honestly doesn't give a f**k about any of the consequences of covid. What he cares about is saving himself. 

Anyone who thinks that he's some kind of far thinking, freedom loving genius because he's too terrified to bring in any further measures to counter Omicron, needs laughed out of town. 

He's a consummate coward, paralysed by inaction and desperately hoping this all goes away. 

That is just nonsense.

The UK government has now acknowledged that this disease is now endemic and that we just need to get on with life.

Theyre also constructing Nightingale hospitals in the big cities for non- critical Covid patients if required (something we should be doing).

Its obvious that Omicron is much milder than delta and we need to adjust accordingly.

Anyway, we’re now in the perfect position to compare the approaches between England and Scotland/Wales and in due course we’ll know which was the more successful. My guess is that the health outcome will be much the same but with England gaining the benefit of extra commerce and, more importantly, freedom from overpowering authoritarianism.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I reckon @Bairnardo has bought into that fallacy.  Shame really.

On 31/12/2021 at 10:55, Theyellowbox said:

Just goes to show how out of touch BoJo  is, and how utterly incompetent the media is. 

If a Scottish wife was to ask her husband where he had been for 10 days, and the best that he could muster in reply was that he had been in this country, she'd have kicked his head in. 

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just goes to show how out of touch BoJo  is, and how utterly incompetent the media is. 

If a Scottish wife was to ask her husband where he had been for 10 days, and the best that he could muster in reply was that he had been in this country, she'd have kicked his head in. 

I think you're reading too much into what was probably just Boris being nervous because he thought the guy was going to try and catch him out in some way.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That is just nonsense.

The UK government has now acknowledged that this disease is now endemic and that we just need to get on with life.

Theyre also constructing Nightingale hospitals in the big cities for non- critical Covid patients if required (something we should be doing).

Its obvious that Omicron is much milder than delta and we need to adjust accordingly.

Anyway, we’re now in the perfect position to compare the approaches between England and Scotland/Wales and in due course we’ll know which was the more successful. My guess is that the health outcome will be much the same but with England gaining the benefit of extra commerce and, more importantly, freedom from overpowering authoritarianism.

That's nothing to do with the point I made though. 

I don't give a flying fvck who's right and wrong in all this shite.. I'll leave you medical experts on the moon howling covid thread to determine that... but the point I made is that Johnson is making decisions SOLELY because of the pressure that he's receiving from the far right of his party. 

The medical experts.. including the one he just knighted... can all get to fvck. 

It's all about him, saving his own skin. 

As it always has been. 

Now, away ye go and blether some more mysoginistic pish about Nicola Sturgeon with the rest of yer puce faced manic pals. 

Happy New year. 

47 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't give a flying fvck who's right and wrong in all this shite.. I'll leave you medical experts on the moon howling covid thread to determine that... but the point I made is that Johnson is making decisions SOLELY because of the pressure that he's receiving from the far right of his party. 

The medical experts.. including the one he just knighted... can all get to fvck. 

As it always has been. 

Now, away ye go and blether some more mysoginistic pish about Nicola Sturgeon with the rest of yer puce faced manic pals. 

Happy New year. 

Firm, but fair

41 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As it always has been. 

Happy New year. 

I agree about Johnson doing whatever saves his own skin.  He's a self promoter without an ideology IMO.

What I don't agree with is that these people are far-right.  The culture has drifted so left over the years that they probably appear far-right within today's paradigm, but I still don't see them as such in the true meaning of the term.

The most powerful people in politics are the Tory backbenchers, which pleases me as they are the only ones with an ounce of principle when it comes to free of speech and freedom in general.

Sad to see you get angry with DPB though.  He seems like a decent guy to me.

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

I agree about Johnson doing whatever saves his own skin.  He's a self promoter without an ideology IMO.

What I don't agree with is that these people are far-right.  The culture has drifted so left over the years that they probably appear far-right within today's paradigm, but I still don't see them as such in the true meaning of the term.

The most powerful people in politics are the Tory backbenchers, which pleases me as they are the only ones with an ounce of principle when it comes to free of speech and freedom in general.

Sad to see you get angry with DPB though.  He seems like a decent guy to me.

I did wish him happy new year, to be fair. 

The same to your good self 😁