McBurnie's socks

Don't particularly like McBurnie, but if he had some fella shouting abuse at him with (or without) his partner, then I can excuse him giving the lad a swift kicking. These types of people are the sort who will spend 90 minutes abusing an opposition player on the pitch then go apoplectic when they score and cup their ear to the fans. 

Some 21-year-old menchildren hounding him looking to amass smartphone ammo for some online likes... 24-year-old McBurnie decides enough is enough and gets tore intae the bawhawks in question.

His finest hour.

Edited by IggyStooge

And to the surprise of only the ones desperate for it to be his fault, turns out that the original video wasn't the whole story

So just hours after a story was published with his side, it's been blown out of the water by watching him say a wee bit more than "lolz you got relegated", and following him and his girlfriend down the street.
McBurnie is fucking stupid to react in this way, but paints a slightly different picture than him dishing out an unprovoked battering on a child.
EDIT: And on looking at it again, it just shows the shite they have to deal with.  I don't want to go all Uncle Albert and start talking about the war, but when I was a teenager, I always thought that if I acted like a dick, there would be consequences, so I often decided not to.  This guy started following McBurnie with a camera and firing abuse at them purely because he didn't think there would be any consequences.  f**k him.
I think the guy did want a reaction. I think he got exactly what he was looking for.
I’m no fan of McBurnie and violence is never the answer but videoing yourself abusing someone then getting kicking only to then sell your story to the sun. No case to answer for McBurnie.

Other boy is an absolute embarrassment from start to finish.
As much as your assessment of the wee c**t is bang on - there simply has to be some sort of action taken against mcburnie. You just can't react like that, and this will be drummed into all players at that level.

I hope it's the most lenient action possible, though.

And i get the feeling mcburnie will come out of this with a better reputation amongst fans (from all sides).

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think the guy did want a reaction. I think he got exactly what he was looking for. 

A reaction, aye, but not the one he ultimately got.  I think if he'd been after getting a physical battering, there would have been more playing up to the (broken) camera when it ultimately happened. As it was, you got a sheepish reaction.

Granted, you probably don't expect the professional footballer to do that, given they shouldn't be.  Can't say I'm particularly disappointed he did though.

Everyone has a breaking point and I have zero sympathy for people that go around abusing footballers on camera if they end up getting their tatties as a result. I'd also thought initially this was some daft teenager that he'd confronted as well, but turns out it was a 21 year old - a grown man. Utterly pathetic behaviour. 

Two things can be true at once and equally McBurnie shouldn't have reacted as he did, but it's understandable. That picture of the man on a bike with a stick that puts it through the spokes and then falls off springs to mind here. 

In light of the provocation suffered, a warning ought to be enough for McBurnie. 

Ii would ordinarily give someone credit when they realise that they are in the wrong, but I can't help but think this wouldn't have happened had the second video not come to light. 

Most importantly, hopefully he's learned his lesson not to be a total cock in future. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Ii would ordinarily give someone credit when they realise that they are in the wrong, but I can't help but think this wouldn't have happened had the second video not come to light. 

Most importantly, hopefully he's learned his lesson not to be a total cock in future. 

He hasn't realised he's in the wrong, he's realised that he's made an utter c**t of it and got found out.  Shite apology too.  "We exchanged opinions".  No, you harangued him and his girlfriend down the street while filming it. 

I hope McBurnie turns up at his door and hits him again.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Looking at the nick of the c**t in his profile photo I wouldn’t be holding out much hope for that.

• 3 months later...
No it isn't, you made that up. Clarke has praised and defended him several times. There is no threat whatsoever to his place in the squad as there are no candidates good enough to replace him.  Its only in your head he's running out of chances, if fit he's absolutely guaranteed to be in the squad, and so he should be.
He wasn't first choice a year ago, he was in and out as he is now. Any manager would try to expand his options, that's natural. Dykes has been pish recently too, so are his chances running out or do you just talk nonsense?
Until we have 4 or 5 strikers who are better than McBurnie he'll be in. Right now we have 1, and 1 who is debatable. McBurnie's stats in the Championship shit all over Dykes' btw. Do you see anyone touting Dykes for a move to the EPL?  Or Shankland?  Or Nisbet?  There's a reason for that, and it isn't that all these managers of good clubs don't know what they're doing.

Just digging up this gem, with McBurnie left out of the Scotland squad. 1 goal in 41 appearances for club and country now, incidentally.

As much as Mcburnie comes off as a bit of a twat. And has never really looked any good for us. I dont think anyone should be pleased at his crap form for the last couple of seasons. He is our player after all.

Hes been a success in the championship before, and if he starts banging in the goals again then he can fight his way back into the team. At the expense of dykes.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
23 minutes ago, General dissaray said:
Looking really sharp scored a great header always on the move think he's gonna get into the squad again for sure

Beat me to it. Past indiscretions aside, his form this season merits a call up given the alternatives.

Scored another now. Was thinking the same. If he's still interested in playing for Scotland surely he's worth a go in a friendly. 

Assuming Clarke hasn't given up on him for his off field nonsense. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

5 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
22 minutes ago, General dissaray said:
Looking really sharp scored a great header always on the move think he's gonna get into the squad again for sure

Beat me to it. Past indiscretions aside, his form this season merits a call up given the alternatives.

Now he has two unlucky not to already be on a hat trick