The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Nope, they don't do it when you're least expecting it, they do it a week after you thought you were least expecting it.

Next Wednesday, (presumably still unbeaten) Livingston away. Rearranged game, nobody paying attention. That's when they shine. 1-2 Accies win that night for sure.

OK but now I'm expecting it.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Nope, they don't do it when you're least expecting it, they do it a week after you thought you were least expecting it.

Next Wednesday, (presumably still unbeaten) Livingston away. Rearranged game, nobody paying attention. That's when they shine. 1-2 Accies win that night for sure.

Does the late capitulation from a game that should've been one of "those" games make you lose confidence a little bit, or does it only strengthen it?

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Does the late capitulation from a game that should've been one of "those" games make you lose confidence a little bit, or does it only strengthen it?

It only determines my resolve. The Accie, much like the ape, is an evolutionary creature that thrives off imitation. Having seen what County did to them in a midweek game that nobody was watching, they'll have learned the trait and will be putting it into practice at the Tony Macaroni.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Would you yo-yo clubs (no disrespect) recommend a couple of years in the Championship? After getting over the devastation of a relegation does hope return and are there positives?  

Loads of positives.

Makes a change hopefully seeing more wins than defeats. Makes Saturdays less depressing.

Chance to actually win a League title.

Cheaper entrance fees.

See different parts of the country, grounds and teams.

No OF.

So, not all bad after the initial pain. Go for it.

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

They were a b'stard to play against under Billy Reid.

Then when Graham Roberts was the manager we managed 4 of the spawniest wins against them in the title season emoji23.png

The escalating hysteria of his post match comments that season still brings a smile to my face...🙂

22 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It only determines my resolve. The Accie, much like the ape, is an evolutionary creature that thrives off imitation. Having seen what County did to them in a midweek game that nobody was watching, they'll have learned the trait and will be putting it into practice at the Tony Macaroni.

I fucking love you. 

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Would you yo-yo clubs (no disrespect) recommend a couple of years in the Championship? After getting over the devastation of a relegation does hope return and are there positives?  

Must admit as a fan it's nice to get the chance beat local rivals in the lower leagues and go to other grounds and have a pint & a chat with supporters of other clubs. 

After a relegation season it's a welcome change to win a few games and allow yourself to feel a little confident going into the weekend, sometimes even put your own team to win on a coupon.

Edited by frankthetank22

29 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Are you suggesting Hamilton are the Gabriel Gray of Scottish football?

Getting relegated is fine if you get promoted straight away. After that your club inevitably seems to get dragged down to the levels of Morton/Falkirk/Partick and it becomes a complete slog.

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

Nope. Getting relegated is shite. All that stuff about better away days and no OF is true, but it's really just a coping mechanism for dealing with the fact your team are shite, and the bit about winning more games doesn't always come true either, when you are down there getting pumped by Alloa and Arbroath. The only really good season down there is one where you win it.

Getting relegated can be absolutely catastrophic, there's no guarantee you'll bounce back when you're down. If you had told me in 2010 that 11 years on Falkirk would spend all that time out of the top division, and even get relegated to league 1, I'd have been horrified. Relegation is so damaging, even Hibs took 3 years to come back to the premiership. 

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hamilton look to be where they belong, giving up that game against RC from a winning position is criminal given where they are in the table. We all know some bullshit will happen and they'll manage to stay up again, but this would be one of the tougher escapes they will have made in their time in the top flight.

21Yl.gif.c06c6c318899c7faafb46add49773e40.gif

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers didn't play with near the same intensity last night as they did earlier this season against us. Subconsciously they know the job is done.

Celtic will be similar knowing the title is gone and expecting to steam roll their way to 2nd.

Hibs and Aberdeen have European spots secured already too.

Livingston the only one who seem to be genuinely pushing to finish higher than they are, the rest just going through the motions.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, tree house tam said:

There is no way St Johnstone FC will be in either of the bottom two places this season. Bookmark it mother fuckers. 

Hamilton and United I'm looking at you.

Agreed.

St. Johnstone fans like to tell everyone how bad their team sucks, but reality is they have way too much quality to be even close to the bottom 2 come April.