The Big Relegation Thread

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I honestly think Warnock will chuck it if results don't turn soon. It surely hasn't turned out to be as much of a laugh as he was expecting. This run might save them though, anything less than 6 points and the wheels are probably fully off.Screenshot_20240229_121107_Chrome.thumb.jpg.76af03226f135e21cf4603e5f82ed25b.jpg

This season has shown County do one thing against Aberdeen and that's capitulate.

40 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

And denying Hearts guaranteed European football until Xmas to boot 😉 

TBH, much as I enjoyed the foreign trips last season, I am coming round to the idea that watching Hearts winning against everyone bar the OF week in, week out is arguably a more pleasurable experience than spending fortunes to watch European teams hose us over a two month period in the autumn.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you offered me winning the Scottish cup and losing the playoff, both to Morton. I’d probably take it tbh. 

Winning the cup while getting relegated would until recently have been the dream.

A group stage European season along with visits to Somerset, Cappielow, Arbroath, Thistle, ICT, Raith? Yes, please.

Sadly, the Championship next season looks likely to involve a visit to Livingston, Falkirk's shitey middle-of-nowhere effort, possibly Hamilton Accies, and is likely to lose Arbroath.

I think the Championship needs to up its game.

As funny as it would be to see Aberdeen in 11th....I just can't see County doing anything productive enough put Aberdeen at risk, espically if we stick with having Murray/White/Brophy being on the pitch at the same time.  We gave far too much space up in midfield and can see it costing us more if we stick by it.

Aberdeen also have (in my view) the better/easier run into the split with playing 3 of the sides around them (Livi/Motherwell/County) and if they can get it together for those games they'll be safe going into the split.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I honestly think Warnock will chuck it if results don't turn soon. It surely hasn't turned out to be as much of a laugh as he was expecting. This run might save them though, anything less than 6 points and the wheels are probably fully off.

Now that leading them to Europe is gone, I imagine he'll chuck it (mentally if not literally, how would you tell ho ho etc) if they lose in the cup. He's certainly not going to go if he's only a couple of games from a major final even if it unlikely.

I still find it hard to believe Aberdeen won't scramble the points to be comfortably safe eventually but with each passing game you just begin to wonder.

33 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Now that leading them to Europe is gone, I imagine he'll chuck it (mentally if not literally, how would you tell ho ho etc) if they lose in the cup. He's certainly not going to go if he's only a couple of games from a major final even if it unlikely.

I still find it hard to believe Aberdeen won't scramble the points to be comfortably safe eventually but with each passing game you just begin to wonder.

Yeah I think its most likely the win two games before the split and are basically safe. If they don't though then things could get pretty dicey very quickly and aye, I wonder if he has the stomach for it.

58 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I don't

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Championship next season is going to be so much fun though!*

*Until we're told we've got the smallest budget in the league again and survival is a 'success'

Morten already have that phrase trademarked.

3 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

This is pure Hibs 2014.

Spent weeks saying "Och, they'll win on Saturday and that'll be it." But they didn't. Right up to losing to Killie in the last game. Then the glorious, glorious play-off.

You never know.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

This is pure Hibs 2014.

Spent weeks saying "Och, they'll win on Saturday and that'll be it." But they didn't. Right up to losing to Killie in the last game. Then the glorious, glorious play-off.

You never know.

It has that feel about it - squad too good to go down etc etc.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

6 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

As funny as it would be to see Aberdeen in 11th....I just can't see County doing anything productive enough put Aberdeen at risk, espically if we stick with having Murray/White/Brophy being on the pitch at the same time.  We gave far too much space up in midfield and can see it costing us more if we stick by it.

Aberdeen also have (in my view) the better/easier run into the split with playing 3 of the sides around them (Livi/Motherwell/County) and if they can get it together for those games they'll be safe going into the split.

To he'll with that we need to go with the Dingwall Vics 4-2-4 the bear was a genius and if you can remember the County side everybody drools about was effectively the same. 

Ure

Somerville Belshaw Macleod Reid

Connelly Robertson 

Ferris Duff Grant Wilson

I already know the format isn't brilliant but on the phone and I'm techno rubbish.

FWIW i do still think that a midfield/attack of...

Barron - Shinnie

McGrath - Clarkson - Duk

Miovski

... should be absolutely nowhere near relegation. 

I didnt quite realise how bad the defence/goalkeeper was until last night though. They just throw games away.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Barron - Shinnie

McGrath - Clarkson - Duk

Miovski

I didnt quite realise how bad the defence/goalkeeper was until last night though. They just throw games away.

Should've kept Considine.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Barron - Shinnie

McGrath - Clarkson - Duk

Miovski

Only one of them is actually a good player.

In terms of rep v performance, I think there's a case for Clarkson being the most over-rated player in the league.

Edited by VincentGuerin

17 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

TBH, much as I enjoyed the foreign trips last season, I am coming round to the idea that watching Hearts winning against everyone bar the OF week in, week out is arguably a more pleasurable experience than spending fortunes to watch European teams hose us over a two month period in the autumn.

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Things You Made Up Thread"?