The Big Relegation Thread

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20220209-214241_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ed0b752f960b717d8461ceaf5b33c679.jpg

Would say that's confirmed us to the bottom two, no chance of gaining 8+ points more than County now. Dundee can start thinking about the sides above them due to the game in hand.

Reckon? I think there's enough points still to be played for to see this picture change dramatically before the split. Any one of those six teams could end up in 11th place.

Screenshot_20220209-214224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f70c0986c727bbd9bb88fb0affdf689a.jpg

Would say that's confirmed us to the bottom two, no chance of gaining 8+ points more than County now. Dundee can start thinking about the sides above them due to the game in hand.

Hud the bus a minute. Dundee can start looking above them as they have a game in hand, but Saints, who also have a game in hand, can't even though we're only 2 points further back?

If we nick a win at Aberdeen next week we're above them again. As unlikely as that seems right now...

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Hud the bus a minute. Dundee can start looking above them as they have a game in hand, but Saints, who also have a game in hand, can't even though we're only 2 points further back?

If we nick a win at Aberdeen next week we're above them again. As unlikely as that seems right now...

I think it'll be one of these seasons now where whoever wins that week and goes to 11th will start looking at ways they could catch 10th, while whoever loses and goes to 12th will go into a full on panic.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think it'll be one of these seasons now where whoever wins that week and goes to 11th will start looking at ways they could catch 10th, while whoever loses and goes to 12th will go into a full on panic.

Yes thats probably about right. Last week we were thinking it was the start of the great escape, this week it’s certain doom.  

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, that's just what it's like pretty much every season. The parity within Scottish football outside the ugly twins is quite close, hence why building good form is so hard. I'd take the league as it is right now, fwiw.

18 hours ago, flyingscot said:

It's such a strange league with nothing between 4th and 10th really. What's the normal 'safety mark'? 38 points or so? It need a real bad run for Hibs etc to be dragged in. Not impossible mind. 

The mere idea that Hibs might totally shite themselves and end up down the bottom after a decent start.

Where do people get these sorts of ideas?

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

What's unlikely about that?

Aberdeen beat St Johnstone at Pittodrie next week they’re out of it. I think 36 points will be enough for 10th and surely no team with 32 or more in February is going to have less than 36 in May.
95%+ chance the bottom two will be Dundee and St Johnstone, but the teams above aren’t safe just yet.

Sounded like another bad night at the office for the Saintees last night. Draw’s are not much use to them in the predicament they’re in. Just one win in 16 games for them now and sitting bottom of the league having played a game more than 11th.
IMG_7696.jpg
Seemed like they got on the bad end of a decision and picked up a few injuries too. As anyone who has seen their team go down will know, when everything starts going against you it’s a sure sign that the relegation reaper has you in their sights. Full weekend card incoming:
IMG_7697.jpg
Both Hibs and Livi will formally remove themselves from the conversation if they could get three points from their respective winnable home games. What a huge game that is for Shaun Maloney in particular, would he already be under pressure if they lost at home to County? The dismal Dons will be getting nervous if they lose for the second time in seven days at Fir Park, but equally an unlikely win would see them safe.
If St Johnstone lose at home to Hearts they will be bottom having played two games more than second bottom come Saturday evening. However, a point or more will surely mean they end the weekend 11th, assuming Dundee get nil points at Parkhead.