The Big Relegation Thread

33 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Welp, it's been great for the past 20 plus years but regardless of finishing 12th or 11th, we are going down.

No fight, no defence, no leadership, no hope.

Least you’ve got a guy who can put the ball in the back of the net. Our sorry excuse for a team are allergic to scoring. And defending. And anything for that matter.

Edited by Staggie_93

25 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

We've got a role to play in this lads. 

However bad you think it is I guarantee that Davidson is worse.

You have ‘experience’ in the team. Maybe a bit too much, but it will get you through this. We don’t. No leadership at all.

As someone said above, feels like we’re just drifting towards relegation, and not too bothered about it either. 

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Honestly, the Motherwell vs County will most likely show the 12th Place team for this season.

Is it possible to have both teams to finish 12th and get relegated?

Even if you finished with identical records, you’d probably have a play off to decide 11th and 12th.

This was a possibility years ago when ourselves and Clyde were slogging out for 8th and 9th, and a couple of specific results on the final day would have caused this (something like 1-0 and 2-1). There would have been a play-off to decide who avoided the relegation play offs.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

We've got a role to play in this lads. 

However bad you think it is I guarantee that Davidson is worse.

Are you really trying to say that Davidson who won the cup double is worse than Hammell? 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Are you really trying to say that Davidson who won the cup double is worse than Hammell? 

Yes, absolutely yes. Have a look at the St Johnstone thread for the last 12 months to see exactly why that is. 

16 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It’s only 22 days since his team won in Dingwall. 

County were on top before the bizarre meltdown that allowed Crawford to score.

Although he's generally so anonymous that maybe it's not a total surprise that the County defence missed him twice.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Welp, it's been great for the past 20 plus years but regardless of finishing 12th or 11th, we are going down.

No fight, no defence, no leadership, no hope.

Not convinced New Hampden will be suitable for PL, so maybe it’s the best year to finish 12th . In fairness Sligo away was possible the worst Scottish team performance in Europe away. 

I think it is between County, Killie, St Johnstone and Motherwell. 

United have a far stronger squad and like Hibs I would expect them to pick up enough points to stay out of the battle in the coming weeks. 

A big transfer window and it will probably come down to who makes the best or worst additions…..

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I think it is between County, Killie, St Johnstone and Motherwell. 

United have a far stronger squad and like Hibs I would expect them to pick up enough points to stay out of the battle in the coming weeks. 

A big transfer window and it will probably come down to who makes the best or worst additions…..

Or which manager uses what players he has in the right position, when in form and in a formation that works.

51 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hes the worst manager we've had in about 20 years.

Hes been allowed to spend an absolute fortune, to the point i think we were the 6th highest spending club in the country in 2022 in terms of fees, and our wage spend is around top 6 again. Without that financial advantage over the rest of the league you see things like the first half of last season.

Hes just hopeless tactically and regularly falls out with players. In 10 years he'll be viewed the same way as John Hughes.

I think we'll scrape survival simply because no team with the players we have in it should be finishing bottom two, but anything worse than being safe early and challenging for the top half should be seen as a failure.

Edited by RandomGuy.

15 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

Not convinced New Hampden will be suitable for PL, so maybe it’s the best year to finish 12th . In fairness Sligo away was possible the worst Scottish team performance in Europe away. 

If Queen's Park win the league I'd be amazed if they weren't promoted, even if they have to groundshare elsewhere.

15 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

I thought the rules about grounds being fine for the Championship but not the Premiership were gone, did I imagine that? Sure it kept getting brought up with Arbroath last season. Saying that I have no idea what state Lesser Hampden is in.

As @craigkillie says though they'd just groundshare, most likely at Firhill.