The Big Relegation Thread

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tuesday - Hearts v Dundee

Wednesday - St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Saturday - Celtic v Ross County, Kilmarnock v HibernianLivingston DundeeSt Johnstone Motherwell

Tuesday 30th - Aberdeen DundeeLivingston v Ross County

Just for the sake of taking it to the end of the month. If Livi can get the win in those home games then the 6 point gap disappears (unless County get something from Celtic) and things get interesting, at least until the other rearranged games are played.

Edited by LiviLion

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Just for the sake of taking it to the end of the month. If Livi can get the win in those home games then the 6 point gap disappears (unless County get something from Celtic) and things get interesting, at least until the other rearranged games are played.

Aye this is a huge couple of games for you, and guess Adams meltdown was perfect listening/our result v Airdrie was good motivation. 

Could easily be a few teams pushed themselves out of contention by the end of the month too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think Dundee are dark horses for the play-off place.

They’re probably the team who least deserve to be in the bottom six based on their first half of the season performances.  But they’ve lost a load of points from winning positions and that could come back to bite.

They’ve been head and shoulders above us this season, but only 3 points better off when they should be out of sight.

Seen it a few times in the past where newly promoted teams have a great start then fade as teams work them out, and losing Beck won’t help.

There should still be enough shitshows around out of Saints, Livi, County and Motherwell to keep Dundee out the bottom two, but they are giving off strong “too good to go down” vibes.

On 21/01/2024 at 22:25, Super Staggie said:

I enjoyed this form but I will also enjoy the championship one as well. 

The Del express is a non stop one.

We thought the same when we got relegated, different grounds and teams and a wee change of scenery, but in truth The Championship was utter shite.

On 21/01/2024 at 19:33, LiviLion said:

I've been thinking that since last month, but we still haven't managed to win a home game (bar the cup win against Raith). Just one fucking win could change everything, hope springs eternal.

On 31/12/2023 at 10:53, Savage Henry said:

Relegation allows you to release all the deadwood from a bloated squad, and the games are slightly more enjoyable.  But that’s about it.  

Obviously not been in this thread cos Killie are officially brilliant now, but my experience with us also was we signed a lot shite we couldn't get rid of when we came back up and the games were rarely enjoyable 

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I think Dundee are dark horses for the play-off place.

They’re probably the team who least deserve to be in the bottom six based on their first half of the season performances.  But they’ve lost a load of points from winning positions and that could come back to bite.

They’ve been head and shoulders above us this season, but only 3 points better off when they should be out of sight.

Seen it a few times in the past where newly promoted teams have a great start then fade as teams work them out, and losing Beck won’t help.

There should still be enough shitshows around out of Saints, Livi, County and Motherwell to keep Dundee out the bottom two, but they are giving off strong “too good to go down” vibes.

Think it was two wins against us in a week that helped establish Dundee. Total dogshit stuff from us 😂

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

We thought the same when we got relegated, different grounds and teams and a wee change of scenery, but in truth The Championship was utter shite.

It wasn’t THAT bad. It’s not like we spent a while down there, like Hibs, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Dundee, Falkirk…

Just now, mathematics said:

It wasn’t THAT bad. It’s not like we spent a while down there, like Hibs, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Dundee, Falkirk

Who Is This Owl GIF

I know they started well and have looked really good at times, and they also have games in hand, but a bit of doubt must be creeping into the minds of Dee's fans that they could soon be back down swirling round the plughole with a few of us others.

Aberdeen have all the quality required in their ranks to climb clear, but the longer they persevere with bungling Barry in charge, the longer it will be before their supporters can really breathe easily.

I still think Livi are goners, and I think ourselves ('Well), St J and County are by far the obvious candidates fighting to avoid it, but the play off place could easily be a 4 or 5 way fight for a good while yet.

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Should my arse be flapping!? 

We should be okay, but we're Dundee...

Stressed Tom Hiddleston GIF by BBC

Nah. I know last night was probably a gut punch but you're a decent side. Can't see you being anywhere near bother as long as you stay solvent.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Nah. I know last night was probably a gut punch but you're a decent side. Can't see you being anywhere near bother as long as you stay solvent.

Cheers. I would say we'll probably finish 8th or 9th. Which would be a decent season to build on. 

Edited by Girth

4 minutes ago, Girth said:

Cheers. I would say we'll probably finish 8th or 9th. Which would be a decent season to build on. 

I honestly think that's where you will be and Docherty has done a fine job so far, bur as long as the points difference stays as tight as it is between the everyone in the bottom 6, there will be a helluva lot of arses twitching like a rabbits nose up and down the country. At least that's what I'm telling myself to try and relieve the pressure on my own sphincter!!.

9 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I honestly think that's where you will be and Docherty has done a fine job so far, bur as long as the points difference stays as tight as it is between the everyone in the bottom 6, there will be a helluva lot of arses twitching like a rabbits nose up and down the country. At least that's what I'm telling myself to try and relieve the pressure on my own sphincter!!.

I was genuinely surprised to find that Dundee are only 3 points better off than we were last season under Hammell after the same number of games.

Screenshot2024-01-24at22_30_15.thumb.png.a2eacd2aa2061841b256e34d687078c4.png

Screenshot2024-01-24at22_31_37.thumb.png.9a8dcd9721b236dc11c3c1b5daa8116a.png

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

I was genuinely surprised to find that Dundee are only 3 points better off than we were last season under Hammell after the same number of games.

Screenshot2024-01-24at22_30_15.thumb.png.a2eacd2aa2061841b256e34d687078c4.png

Screenshot2024-01-24at22_31_37.thumb.png.9a8dcd9721b236dc11c3c1b5daa8116a.png

Better teams in the league this season though.