Traits That Make You Wary

It's the individuals who lurk about when players are arriving or leaving on match days that concern me, and I'm not referring to the kids wanting autographs. Players are incredibly tolerant of this kind of behaviour.

You come across some strange stuff sometimes. There was an Edinburgh City fan who wanted a photograph taken with an inflatable Mr Blobby pitchside. You've just got to humour them...

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

In a one bus town like Inverness our footballers are the closest we have to celebrities and along this brings such unwanted attention. Makes me wonder if there have been other official restriction orders dished out to individuals who have behaved in this manner around all the clubs not just the more high profile ones.

in my experience,players in such a place love to strut about and be known,you cant have your cake and eat it

I think the service personnel one is a tough one to figure out. On one hand, I could never do what they do, and certainly, back in the day when the bad guys were clearly bad and needed sorted out (I.E. they had dodgy moustaches and didn’t care much for Jewish punters), then I am incredibly glad for their service and sacrifice. Fast-forward to 2019 though, and I think there’s a sense that merely by being in the forces, that makes all of them ‘brave heroes’, and should almost be treated as Mother Teresa of Calcutta. I don’t get that. It’s almost like if you don’t subscribe to the view that they’re all heroes, then you are an ungrateful cnut who merely revels in the freedom they provide you with. Maybe it’s just me. As I said, I couldn’t do their job, I’m a big softy, but I couldn’t do a nurses job, or a hundred other hard, and very worthy, jobs either.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I think the service personnel one is a tough one to figure out. On one hand, I could never do what they do, and certainly, back in the day when the bad guys were clearly bad and needed sorted out (I.E. they had dodgy moustaches and didn’t care much for Jewish punters), then I am incredibly glad for their service and sacrifice. Fast-forward to 2019 though, and I think there’s a sense that merely by being in the forces, that makes all of them ‘brave heroes’, and should almost be treated as Mother Teresa of Calcutta. I don’t get that. It’s almost like if you don’t subscribe to the view that they’re all heroes, then you are an ungrateful cnut who merely revels in the freedom they provide you with. Maybe it’s just me. As I said, I couldn’t do their job, I’m a big softy, but I couldn’t do a nurses job, or a hundred other hard, and very worthy, jobs either.

What, murdering b*****d?

Has anyone on here ever been telt or issued with a restriction order for stalking another poster?

A certain notorious former poster found the old Bebo page of a female poster and sent her DMs containing photos from that page. On a separate occasion, he used his job in immigration at a Scottish airport to see that another female poster was on a flight arriving while he was on shift, so he met her at the gate with a box of Maltesers.

Years and years ago I posted on another forum and a poster on there was visiting the UK from South America and turned up at the workplace of another poster, insisting he had to see her. The police eventually had to be called to get him away from the building.

"Supporting" a football club that you've never seen play in the flesh. 

There's a guy in Inverness who is apparently a massive Hibee and whose car is decked out in loads of Hibs stuff.  He's never seen them play.

Edited by Highland Capital

'Supporting' individual players. My son has a pal who the moment Kieran Tierney signed for Arsenal rushed out and bought an Arsenal top.
He admits if he'd have signed for say, Chelsea, then they would have become his English team.

I knew a guy who did this. He ‘supported’ Alan Smith (the ex Leeds player) and actually switched his allegiances from Leeds to man united when he moved there.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

"Supporting" a football club that you've never seen play in the flesh. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I prefer footballers to wear the appropriate apparel.

Another winning innovation for the Challenge Cup.

Not sure if it counts as a trait (I’m almost certain it doesn’t), but I’m wary of people with incorrect spellings of simple names.

I know this is generally the fault of the parents, but I’m increasingly coming across people who are “rebranding themselves”.

Also, people who “rebrand themselves”.

Not sure if it counts as a trait (I’m almost certain it doesn’t), but I’m wary of people with incorrect spellings of simple names.
I know this is generally the fault of the parents, but I’m increasingly coming across people who are “rebranding themselves”.
Who have you came across using that particularly awful bit of chat?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Who have you came across using that particularly awful bit of chat?

A few folk I have to have work dealings with. Mainly London based who think they are on the Apprentice.